+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Summer Shows 2013

Re: Summer Shows 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I watched the new series Motive the other day. I think that was the name. Anyhow, I won't be wasting any more time on it. It struck me as a bad knockoff of Body of Proof. The lead was irritating. I just wanted her to go away. I didn't like the way the story was done either.
    It was so bad that my attention was wandering by the end & when it ended & the next show started, I didn't even realize this 'till about 15 minutes into the next show, when I looked at the clock.

Thumbs down.
    I agree, the lead put me off this show. Its not a bad concept, knowing who did it, then why it was done and how they get there. It might be good for some as a summer show, not for me

I just hope 'The Dome' doesn't disappoint
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I also agree about Motive. I tried it twice, but it did not hold my interest at all.

I'm eager to take a look at Mistresses and at Graceland.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I liked Motive. I'm going to keep watching. I saw the first episode of Graceland. I didn't love it, but I'll probably watch it. It has potential.

NOT interested in Mistresses. I just hate the concept. I'm just not doing to watch a show that tries to make adultery seem alluring OR tries to make those who commit it seem sympathetic.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I agree with your opinion of Mistresses. No interest, hate concept.

I know nothing about Graceland. What channel is it on? Is this the Elvis Graceland?
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

No, Graceland is not about Elvis place. It's on USA starting June 6, and I mostly adore their shows. Here's a link that describes the show.

New Original Series - Graceland - USA Network -Graceland - USA Network

As an aside, I'd much rather watch mistresses than vampires, zombies, and serial killers, but that's just me. I'm also eager for the start of Burn Notice. This will be its final season and I'm curious to see how they resolve it, who survives, and where the characters go from there.
    inthegarden likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I liked Motive. I'm going to keep watching. I saw the first episode of Graceland. I didn't love it, but I'll probably watch it. It has potential.

NOT interested in Mistresses. I just hate the concept. I'm just not doing to watch a show that tries to make adultery seem alluring OR tries to make those who commit it seem sympathetic.
    How did you see Graceland? I thought it doesn't start until the 6th

The first episode of Graceland was on Comcast OnDemand a while ago.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    No, Graceland is not about Elvis place. It's on USA starting June 6, and I mostly adore their shows. Here's a link that describes the show.

New Original Series - Graceland - USA Network -Graceland - USA Network

As an aside, I'd much rather watch mistresses than vampires, zombies, and serial killers, but that's just me. I'm also eager for the start of Burn Notice. This will be its final season and I'm curious to see how they resolve it, who survives, and where the characters go from there.
    Well, there goes that idea. I don't get USA.
    I also have no interest in vampires, zombies, and serial killers. Add cooking competitions shows to the list too. And competion shows where the contestants get deliberately beat up, as in Wipeout.

I like the murder mysteries. That's why I had hopes for Motive. Too bad.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

The ads for Mistresses were driving me crazy because I couldn't place the Asian woman. Of course it is because she had spent many years looking for her husband on Lost. I have no interest in watching it but I guess the concept must be fairly successful since this is another show "borrowed" from BBC.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

I actually enjoyed Motive.

I recorded Brooklyn DA but haven't watched it yet.

I saw someone mention Perception - is that back? I liked that show.

+ Reply to Thread