+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Summer Shows 2013

Re: Summer Shows 2013

I'm also looking forward to Under The Dome.
    Why are all the shows I'm interested in on at the same time & day, but other days there's nothing at all I want to watch?
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    And why are all my summer shows on Sunday or Monday at 10pm? Does CBS put its current shows OnDemand? I want to watch but I really don't want to give up Longmire.
    I really get bummed about so many network and cable shows we want to watch are aired on Sundays. (And next week we can add on Big Brother!) We have to put some on LR DVR and others on BR DVR and see which we can get On Demand. But Longmire on A&E is shown a few times a night and I can DVR it for 11:00pm PDT Sunday night. Some of the cable stations do this and leave us some flexibility. But not the Networks.

I'll look forward to seeing here tomorrow how those of you who have read the book feel about Under the Dome.

Edited to say, "Oh yes. Longmire is on Monday night. So, never mind."
    Last edited by Punkin; 06-24-2013 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    So Under The Dome is going to be a 13 episode series and not an actual miniseries as I initially thought. Interesting.

And why are all my summer shows on Sunday or Monday at 10pm? Does CBS put its current shows OnDemand? I want to watch but I really don't want to give up Longmire.

Also - I haven't watched it yet, but Season 2 of Copper on BBCA started last night.
    This is a book so therefore a miniseries with a definite ending I can't see them turning it into a series.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    I really get bummed about so many network and cable shows we want to watch are aired on Sundays. (And next week we can add on Big Brother!) We have to put some on LR DVR and others on BR DVR and see which we can get On Demand. But Longmire on A&E is shown a few times a night and I can DVR it for 11:00pm PDT Sunday night. Some of the cable stations do this and leave us some flexibility. But not the Networks.

I'll look forward to seeing here tomorrow how those of you who have read the book feel about Under the Dome.

Edited to say, "Oh yes. Longmire is on Monday night. So, never mind."
    Since you have a DVR, & since most of those cable channel shows are shown multiple times, you can set them to record later in the evening. I am now recording 6 programs that air on Monday, but I don't have to record any of them at the same time because Longmire, The Glades, Warehouse 13, King & Maxwell are all shown later in the evening.
    Florimel likes this.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    Last night I thought I was taping 48 Hours, but instead the first hour was Brooklyn DA. I hadn't planned on watching that, since I thought it was just another scripted lawyer drama set in New York. It wasn't, and it was VERY good.

It was done similar to 48 Hours, 20/20, Dateline, etc., with the real people, evidence & stories. It was very well done & was very tightly edited.
    I'll definitely be putting it on my Summer list.

Tonight is the first episode of Whodunnit? It's a reality murder mystery show, apparently done very realistically. It looks pretty good.

Do you see a pattern here in my TV watching favorites?
    I LOVE Brooklyn DA - there has been a few of them and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. The guy who constantly eats is a hoot.
    football_chick likes this.

Crossing Lines: I stumbled on this show while browsing my On Demand this weekend and found the first two episodes there. The third episode airs tonight on NBC at 10/9 pm.

The concept is somewhat similar to Graceland, but is international in scope. Its two most well-known stars are William Fichtner and Donald Sutherland, two of my favorites. This show is better than Graceland, for me at least, and I recommend it. Here's a link for anyone who wants to know a little more.

NBC Acquires Drama Series 'Crossing Lines' For Summer - Deadline.com
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I tried to watch The Bridge on FX last night. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too many sub titles. I gave up and won't watch again. Reading subtitles is not what I'm looking for in my TV dramas.
    Florimel likes this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

I don't mind subtitles if the show is really worth it. I still have to find time for The Bridge.

I saw the previews for the show from last season called Unforgettable!!!! It said there were ALL NEW episodes! What does that mean? I thought that show was cancelled. Do they have episodes they never aired? I've set it to record.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I don't mind subtitles if the show is really worth it. I still have to find time for The Bridge.

I saw the previews for the show from last season called Unforgettable!!!! It said there were ALL NEW episodes! What does that mean? I thought that show was cancelled. Do they have episodes they never aired? I've set it to record.
    They un-cancelled it! At least for the Summer. If it does well, who knows?
    One way I could tell it really is all new episodes rather than burn-off ones is that the character Carrie had noticably lighter & muter hair. It used to be a very harsh red hair, but now is a bit streaked & muted, while still red. Looks much better.
    Yes, I noticed this from a few very brief commercials.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I really liked Unforgettable. I hope it works out.

+ Reply to Thread