+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Hemlock Grove on Netflix

Hemlock Grove on Netflix

Netflix has a new 13 episode streaming show starting. The title is Hemlock Grove and all 13 episodes are available. Among the cast are Famke Janssen, Bill Skarsgard, Dougray Scott, and Lili Taylor.

I adored their first streaming series, House of Cards and I'm eagerly await its second season, so I will definitely be giving this supernatural murder mystery series a chance.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fogey

Re: Hemlock Grove on Netflix

This is the first I've heard of it, but I'll definitely be checking it out. Thanks, Florimel!

I loved House of Cards, didn't know there would be a second season, but I'll eagerly await it as well.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

The TV Guide recommended this series.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I put it in my streaming queue. It looks dark with murder and mystery in the description.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

OMG, Netflix has another hit with this one. Definitely dark, murder, mystery, supernatural and storylines that make you want more. The first episode seemed crammed too full to follow at first, but by the end of the second episode I was hooked. I must know how it all ends now.

I won't comment more until others have started watching too.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

My Blue Ray DVD player got temperamental last night and I couldn't watch, but it's probably okay now and if not, I'll stream it at least the first episode on the PC. This original programming is a very good move by Netflix if they can keep up the quality.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I am enjoying it but I wish Famke didn't have the fake accent. It distracts me.
    Duckyface likes this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

It's not a genre I like and I'll never love it as much as House of Cards, but it is good and I'm sure I'll continue to watch. I just won't marathon it as I did with House of Cards. I don't mind Fame Janssen's accents, but I'm rarely bothered by an accent. It's not what I look for in a performance. I'm more intrigued by the older actor, Famke, Lili Taylor, Dougray Scott, than the kids, but I do think the two lead boys are being played very well so far.

I'm going to have to re-watch the first episode to get all the characters straight. It was a bit jumpy in time for background, but I can't wait to find out what Uthi (?) means. I wonder if the answer to the husband's question, "What are you?" is
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Nephalim. There is reference to angels - books, and the devil - opening title.
    For a viewer of the first episode only, the sister is a trip.

ETA: Do NOT watch this after dark! I just finished episode 2 and it is one creepy show without a plot, so far.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 04-23-2013 at 07:40 PM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Well, my spoiler speculation was wrong, but, wow, what a show. I feel a season 2 coming on, I hope. There are a few storyline threads still open. The ex-Sheriff was making a bomb last we saw him. The brother-in-law was told to go to bed, and that was before the transformation. We haven't seen him since, though her body was taken to the tower. Where is the sister? Were her bullet wounds great enough to kill her? Oh, and that final scene when we got to look through the window into the chamber..lots still to know.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast