+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Defiance on SyFy

Re: Defiance on SyFy

The second episode was better. Still think I found an oopsy. Luke the mine owner's son who got killed in the premiere supposedly was 33 yrs old according to his dad and yet it looked as if the person cast was more in his late teens to early 20's. The writers need to be a bit more careful as we the viewing audience pick up on stuff like that. It didn't make sense considering the motivation for that character to leave the city.

I think I know why I didn't really like the premiere so much, there just wasn't enough content and depth of story to hold interest for a 2 hours show. If it have been say 90 minutes it would have shown much better or even better yet a 75 minute episode.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Oh, the daughter, after listening to the Casti mom's story of how Datar made sure that the rival for his wife's hand had an accident with an airlock she still doesn't have a clue that her family might possibly be in danger. How stupid can one be?

I just started the premiere and I'm ready to delete both episodes on my DVR. I had a physically challenging day and I kept dozing off during the first 20 min. I don't know if it was the show (I really don't like dusty, awful wild, wild, west settings) or if my mind was just ready for a nap.

I would like to clear these off my DVR either through watching or deleting. Which should I do?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

It didn't grab me either. I found the premiere (the 2 episodes) draggy and I found the 3rd episode about the same.

I don't love it, but I do like it so far. I DVR and watch when I have time. It's really good to see Native American actor Graham Greene again. I've always very much enjoyed his work.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

So that's who that was. It was a case of knowing the face and not being able to place it.

I still haven't decided. I'll see how full the DVR gets before I make that decision.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    So that's who that was. It was a case of knowing the face and not being able to place it.

I still haven't decided. I'll see how full the DVR gets before I make that decision.
    I sorta watched it in 20 minute chunks and that helped. Ep two does pick up and it much less boring than the premiere,, caught a little bit of ep three and just reminds me of a very dumbed down version of Eureka. I am giving reviewers a bit of credit as many have seen several episodes already and all say the show picks up. 'sides you can watch folding laundry or something like that and that will help you get through the show.

Watched the third episode....hate that SyFy tried to pull a fast one and sold the viewing audience a bill of goods; when is this going to become a quality science fiction show?
    Florimel likes this.

FORT Fogey

Regretfully, I agree. I ditched ten minutes into the third show. Done. Better things to watch.

It's a shame really. I had high hopes for this one.
    Florimel likes this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    Regretfully, I agree. I ditched ten minutes into the third show. Done. Better things to watch.

It's a shame really. I had high hopes for this one.
    I will stick with it to the end just to see if it improves but doing On Demand shortens the time I have to devote so it's not all bad.

Julie Benz is a great actress she was chilling in Buffy the Vampire Hunter and later in Angel, the two adult Casstilans have lots of stage presence and they have chemistry together. Oh, why do the white haired folks have such great hair and the red hairs look so horrible. I mean conditioner is your friend. There are good bits but overall the stories and cast is just not jelling. I mean Lost Girl is kinda hocky and the set design etc... and story can be kinda lame but overall the series has an intensity and cohesiveness that enable you to over look flaws etc... and enjoy the story, Defiance is not at that point it feels as if they are still rehearsing. The Casti son and the human girl are horrible and much worse than the three sons initially were on Falling Skies or Henry in Once Upon A Time and that is saying a lot.

Interesting to note that the human girlfriend is the one who held off the giant insect, while boyfriend wailed on the floor, but really did they need rescuing by Daddy Nastiest...that just seemed so force and fake and really why did the Spirit Rider girl go after her? Because her father owns the land that belonged to her parents...that is a stretch as far as revenge is concerned.

On another note I have to say that those horrible Saturday Nite Movies the SyFy network produces hold up better than Defiance they at least know they are bad and go with it. Also after having a quality product like Eureka and then replacing it with Defiance, I know all the Powers That Be at the SyFy network are all on crack.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast