+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By biggbaddgirl

Thread: Banshee (Cinemax)

Banshee (Cinemax)

From the creator of 'True Blood,' 'Banshee' stars Antony Starr as Lucas Hood, an ex-con and master thief who assumes the identity of the sheriff of Banshee, Pennsylvania, where he continues his criminal activities, even as hes hunted by the shadowy gangsters he betrayed years earlier.
    Banshee - Cinemax's New Original Action Series | Cinemax

Has anyone gotten into Banshee? I just watched the entire first season in a binge on Comcast because of the Watchathon - all the premium channel series are available free OnDemand until the end of the day on the 31st (tomorrow).

I spent 10 hours watching the show and now I'm obsessed!

The write up from the site makes it sound like Alan Ball is super-involved, but I could only see his name as exec producer. There are other exec producers and it's created, written and directed by other people.....just in case anyone is wary of the show because of how he ran True Blood into the ground.

It's definitely not for kids. Lots of sex and VIOLENCE and not like on True Blood. These are all real people and they tend to beat the crap out of each other. Still, it's really compelling. It's got a little Sons of Anarchy feel to it. Lots of bad guys and not a lot of black and white and lots of eye candy....like on True Blood. Plus, a bada$$ transvestite Asian computer hacker with a Southern accent that would put Lafayette to shame!

Any other fans of the show?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

Re: Banshee (Cinemax)

I like the show, and am looking forward to season two next year. The concept of the criminal playing the sheriff is very fascinating. The fights do drag on a quite a bit, especially since it's clear who will win...it's just a matter of when. I typically watch it on demand so I can just focus on the character development. I feel so bad for Gordon, he had no clue who he was marrying! Also, I don't know who the bigger villain is among Hood, Ana/Carrie, Proctor, or Rabbit.

I think we're supposed to think Rabbit and Proctor are the villains, but I agree, Hood and CarrieAna make it tough sometimes. I think CA did what she did to protect Deva. Hood was protecting CA. Have we really seen what Proctor's motivation is? Is he just in search of power? What about Rabbit? Frankly, I find Rabbit to be the scariest....and I've never thought of Ben Cross as a scary guy!

Poor Gordon. Has he actually figured out who Deva's father is or is he still clueless?

I'd only ever seen Ivana Milicevic in kind of fluffy movies, so I had no idea she could do so well with heavy drama and action. She's pretty fearless.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Love the show and can't wait for season 2. I started watching after the second episode aired and I've been hooked ever since.
    SpringMaiden27 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread