+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree137Likes

Thread: Bates Motel

Re: Bates Motel

Just got around to watching this episode. LOVED it...

Norma is simply the most interesting character I've seen on tv in ages. Love her/hate her/don't understand her/know where she's coming from/etc. The actress is amazing. (Enjoyed her performance in the movie (can't remember the title) with George Clooney, too.)

I laughed my way through the episode which is weird considering the premise of the show. heh

I agree. The bed scene creeped me out, too.

I love the brother. Love.

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    ...Norma is simply the most interesting character I've seen on tv in ages. Love her/hate her/don't understand her/know where she's coming from/etc. The actress is amazing. (Enjoyed her performance in the movie (can't remember the title) with George Clooney, too.)...
    Up in the Air Loved that one, too!
    Up in the Air (2009) - IMDb
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

So, did Norman kill the woman or was it the guy she was angry with on the phone? Either way, if Norman did it and doesn't remember, did he have the mindset to clean up the wipes with his blood on them or did he leave them there. Police will get his DNA from the blood on the wipes and go after him. AND his mother will see his blood on his shirt and think he is the killer. She'll wash the shirt.

I don't care for the guy who hit Norman, but Norman deserved it for the way he was looking at another girl when he was with his date. RUDE!

I still don't like that sheriff. The people who sent Abernathy will certainly send more, right? I do not believe that there was any money in the bag the sheriff through in the water, do you?

Someone should explain to that girl that you don't have sex with a guy then blow him off and go after his older brother. Everybody knows that. She may have to go down if she doesn't stop.

I'm pretty sure Norman killed the teacher. Given that the show is about how Norman Bates became a serial killer, it just makes more sense. Also, we know that after he killed his father, he had a "blackout" of sorts and doesn't remember the event, which seems to be the case here. If the cops do find/analyze the blood, they'd have to have a previous DNA sample from Norman to actually match them and place him at the scene. And even then, they couldn't prove that he actually killed her, just that he was there. The teacher's behaviour was pretty disturbing, unless she wasn't really undressing in his view and Norman was imagining that, but still the physical contact and bringing him to her house was obviously still very wrong. I think the person she was talking to on the phone was an abusive/controlling husband/boyfriend. She saw how controlling Norma is of Norman and could relate to being controlled by someone else.

I feel really bad for Emma. She actually seems like a nice person, unlike Bradley. I really hate how she handled the whole situation. Where was her boyfriend during her father's death? She should have just had sex with him. She wasn't "going after" Dylan, but it was a really bad idea to show up at the house, when she knows that Norman would probably be there and that he still likes her. I think Norman will end up killing her.

Still not totally clear as to why Romero made up that cover story for Shelby's death...it would have made sense if Romero himself had been involved in the sex slave business, but now that really doesn't seem to be the case. Abernathy mentioned that he had set up these businesses elsewhere, so it is possible that some other people he's involved with will show up later.

At first, I thought the episode was just going to end with Norman and Norma walking up to the house and thought "how lame." That changed quickly of course... Excited for next season.
    waywyrd likes this.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

I wish I could believe that Noman really forgets when he kills people. I just don't buy it. I know the show makes it look like Norman really does forget, but I just can't buy it.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm ready for the next season!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by hot_chocolate View Post
    Still not totally clear as to why Romero made up that cover story for Shelby's death...it would have made sense if Romero himself had been involved in the sex slave business, but now that really doesn't seem to be the case. Abernathy mentioned that he had set up these businesses elsewhere, so it is possible that some other people he's involved with will show up later.
    Romero confuses me. He certainly thought Abernathy was a lowlife ("Not in my town!"), but I can't tell if he's a good guy or a bad guy. He's so odd. Maybe he's just particular about the lowlifes he lets do business in his town. And Norma popping up like a meerkat at the pier cracked me up!

Norman did kill the teacher, IMO. Though I feel her ex is going to get the blame for it...

Can't wait for next season! Such a well done series.
    JavaJo likes this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Looking forward to watching the rerun of the episode this weekend, too!! I've got to draw this out as long as I can!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Does anyone know where they film the outdoor scenes and where is that old, scary house located?

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Does anyone know where they film the outdoor scenes and where is that old, scary house located?
    It's filmed in the Langley, British Columbia area, close to the US border. The house, actually just a facade was built there also. I read, it doesn't have a roof, and that is digitally added.

The original Psycho house is on the Universal Studio lot in So. Calif.
    Debb70 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread