+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree137Likes

Thread: Bates Motel

Re: Bates Motel

So far the most upsetting scene for me is the death of the dog. I knew the dog was doomed from the moment she showed up.
    momrek06 likes this.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

I agree, I'm so disappointed that the dog got killed. They could have just as easily written it that the car was the dogs' owners and just stopped and picked it up. Norman would have still felt the sense of loss without traumatizing the audience too.
    redsox girl likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I thought it was a good way to work in the taxidermy aspect starting because of the opportunity to introduce the angle of that storyline with an emotional connection as a reason. It was not a heartless, pointless scene.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 05-01-2013 at 08:22 AM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by hot_chocolate View Post
    Tonight's episode was a bit dull compared to last week's. I don't really understand why the cop/detective (Romero?) made up that story. He suspected Norma in the first few episodes; I'd think he'd jump at the chance to blame Shelby's death on her.
    I didn't get that either. He must have a few secrets of his own he wants squashed, hence the made-up story to sweep it all under the rug. Who knows in this town.

Norman was quite creepy when he was stalking off from the not-girlfriend. I wish he'd just get together with adorable Emma! Or, maybe not. I like her too much.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

As a animal lover I do not like seeing death of animals on screen but the rubber dog they used was pretty funny how it bounced up....but you knew it was doomed from the start poor thing...at least we know the doggie is back stage being a good dog and getting some treats!

The cop is up to something, I cannot believe just how easy he is "sweeping this under rug"....something else is up!

overall, another great episode!!!

Let us not forget that the Asian girl, Jiao, is still "out there", somewhere. Maybe the woodland fairies are taking care of her?

So, I guess this police force is an "Andy and Barney" force with just 2 cops? Andy is going to have to replace Barney soon. Maybe Barney will be replaced by Norma Louise's eldest son?

What is with the bizarro man who has the standing reservations? And he wants every room on the row? Got to be related to Keith's and Zach's sex slaves. The sheriff is bound to be tied in, somehow.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    What is with the bizarro man who has the standing reservations? And he wants every room on the row? Got to be related to Keith's and Zach's sex slaves. The sheriff is bound to be tied in, somehow.
    Yeah, I think he's related to the sex slaves. After reading other peoples' posts, the sheriff is likely involved in the sex slave thing. That's the only reason I can think of for why he'd make up the story. Otherwise it just seems all too convenient that he would make that up, unless it was to protect himself from being found out. I don't like seeing dogs die either, but I believe it was necessary for Norman to experience the loss and to introduce the taxidermy.
    Ellen likes this.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

Norma just doesn't have that creep sensor that most people have. The guest guy was so super creepy. She seemed to let that go right over her head. Maybe she's just desperate for business. I wonder what her competition is like in town.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by hot_chocolate View Post
    Also, a trivial point, but during the scene where Norman is feeding the dog, the sniffing that they dubbed in seemed unnaturally loud.
    It was comical. SNIFF SNIFF WIMPER SNIFF. That and the rubber dog bouncing on the road. Whoever edited those parts doesn't have a dog. But I did think the dog was very well trained.

That was a big dog dummy that Norman picked up. The real dog was not that large.

+ Reply to Thread