+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree137Likes

Thread: Bates Motel

Re: Bates Motel

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    Anybody still watching? This show keeps getting better as it goes on....
    This show is now my favorite. I`m surprised more people aren't commenting. Its so twisty and unpredictable.Other than that girl Bradley, every character is fascinating, IMO. I'm emotionally invested big time.
    waywyrd likes this.
    We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. Oscar Wilde

I'm hooked.
    (Darn!)
    I haven't had time to comment, but, yeah, color me hooked.
    livin4reality and redsox girl like this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    Not to get too dark, but I think the reason Shelby and Dylan look so much alike is a decision by the writers to underscore Norma's sick attraction to her sons. Theres a very good reason Dylan despises Norma, and I think before Norman came along Norma was fixated on Dylan the way she now fixates on Norman. Shelby looks like Dylan and Norma is dating Shelby, first as a way to manipulate him, but also because he looks like Dylan. That`s how I read it. She is one of the most disturbing characters ever dreamed up for a television show. This show is addictive and so well-written. I`m hooked.
    Having almost caught up to the most recent episode (I should be caught up tomorrow), I thought Norma was involved with Zach Shelby because Zach knows about the belt of the man that Norma killed that was "hidden" under Norman's bed.....hidden in plain sight, if you will. She had to get involved with Zach as a way to try to keep Zach from telling about the belt of the dead man of whom she claims to have no knowledge. He was, indirectly, threatening blackmail, I thought.

After having the illusion of his mother sitting on his bed and telling him that he knew "what he had to
    do" since Zach knew about the belt, I wasn't sure that the appearance of the Chinese girl was real. Norman's mother did state that Norman sometimes saw things that weren't there, and she sounded believable....very matter-of-fact, like this had been going on for quite some time. What I am not up on is 'WHAT BOAT"? So, is Norman schizophrenic, or what? I think they will show the 2 latest episodes tomorrow afternoon!

'Ol Bradely stole Norman's virginity! Tsk!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm all caught up now, and I know "WHAT BOAT!"

What confused me was watching Emma either NOT wearing her nasal cannula or physically carrying her oxygen tank. If she's bad enough to have to have oxygen with her, none of that makes sense. She's doing all of this running and climbing? Uh........no. Norman offers to take her oxygen tank AFTER she climbs up onto the boat? Some of this seems idiotic. I hope things aren't getting raggedy for this show already.

Watching Norma Louise Bates pull her car over, get out, and march around to the other side to throw Norman out of the car totally cracked me up......especially her goofy, rushed stride back around the front of the car to get back in and drive away! I can remember wanting to throw my son out of the car like that years ago!! I actually did pull over, but his tune suddenly either went silent or changed....can't remember which!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm trying to figure out why the deputy had the girl in the basement, now boat. Is she a holdover from the guy who was killed by Norma? Did the dead guy actully have her at first, but then deputy guy took over after he was killed? The Asian girl did identify the deputy though, right?

I'm starting to like Norma's older son more now.

Deputy must love Norma. He destroyed evidence for her. What's in it for him?

I got the impression that Zach and Keith (dead guy) went into the sex slave business together, but they haven't exactly made that clear. Yes, the Chinese girl did identify Zach's picture to Norma; that is where we stand now.

This story, while good, seems to be getting a little screwy. Zach claimed to love Norma, but he's turning out to be creepy.

I'm trying to figure a way that Deputy guy can still be a good guy, but it's difficult to do. He seems genuine in his feelings for Norma, but does it add up?

I have to make a HUGE confession. I realize this may sound very odd, but I have never seen the movie Psycho all the way through. I have seen bits and pieces of it and I know the premise, but that's it. Should I watch it now or would it take away from the show?
    redsox girl likes this.

Debb, I am always amazed at what a romantic you seem to be. Now see, the way I see it, he doesn't really seem genuine in his feelings for Norma; he seems genuine in the sex connection/hold that he has over her. Not to get rid of the evidence from the evidence/property room would throw a monkeywrench into his access to her and threaten her precious Norman. YOU want to see a "good guy" and an "in love" situation!

And no man who "loves you" would be about intimidating your son.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I got the impression that Zach and Keith (dead guy) went into the sex slave business together, but they haven't exactly made that clear. Yes, the Chinese girl did identify Zach's picture to Norma; that is where we stand now.

This story, while good, seems to be getting a little screwy. Zach claimed to love Norma, but he's turning out to be creepy.
    Ted Bundy was engaged to two different woman while he was murdering women. Perhaps one can be a sociopathic creep but put on a good front?

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I'm trying to figure a way that Deputy guy can still be a good guy, but it's difficult to do. He seems genuine in his feelings for Norma, but does it add up?

I have to make a HUGE confession. I realize this may sound very odd, but I have never seen the movie Psycho all the way through. I have seen bits and pieces of it and I know the premise, but that's it. Should I watch it now or would it take away from the show?
    . I had`nt seen the whole thing either, until last year. Having seen it, I can tell you it helps me appreciate and understand the show more clearly. At least the weird relationship between Norman and `Mother.` Also, there are bits of the TV show that tip their hat to scenes in the movie. For instance, Emma's Dad is a renowned taxidermist. I`ll leave it at that. Watch the movie and you`ll get the connection. But, don`t watch alone if you are easily or not so easily frightened.

+ Reply to Thread