+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree137Likes

Thread: Bates Motel

Re: Bates Motel

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    They showed Norman remembering that he was watching Ms. Watson, then he was in bed on top of her, and then he saw his mom in his head telling him to kill her. Then you see a knife go across the woman's neck. Then they show Norman rinsing the knife. ( To be so smart, you would think that Norman would have thought about his DNA inside her.) But what if Norman ignores the voice from his mom and doesn't kill Ms. Watson. What if he falls asleep and when he awakes she is dead. He then isn't sure if he did it or not, so he rinses the knife and flees. Oh, and pretends he can't remember anything. I don't buy it. I think he does remember. Someone else probably killed Ms. Watson. That's my crazy theory.

So, at some point, another man had sex with Ms. Watson. I guess it could have been from the previous day. The guy who she had sex with was a real violent loser, according the sheriff. He's so bad that the sheriff wasn't that upset that he was convicted of murder, even though he may not be guilty. What was Ms. Watson, a respected school teacher doing with a guy like that? Weird.

Since Mr. Ford is dead, I bet his employees will just take off. They are likely to just want a new job now. I can't see them having any retribution against Dylan, since who would pay them for it.
    You may say your theory is `crazy' but it makes sense. I noticed in one scene all I could see was a male hand and part of a shirt and suit coat cuff. It didn't look like the clothes Norman was wearing. But, I could be wrong. I don't think it's so far fetched to think there might have been someone else there at some point. Goodness knows enough crazy things happen in that quaint little village.
    " I'm a Republican. I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure, not gay marriage."- Will Macavoy The Newsroom

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    Same here. After this latest episode, I'm definitely in the 'yes' camp.

If Norman blacks out and doesn't remember having sex with/killing Ms. Watson, how does his "normal" self reckon he got ahold of that necklace in the first place? Hmm.
    From what I understand, People wake up or come out of these very real psychotic breaks having no recollection of what occurred. Or, an event or series of events is so traumatic they only remember bits and pieces of situations, and not necessarily in any order that is linear. I think the show is a bit ham fisted about it, but yes, these blackouts do happen. Also, to clarify, a psychotic break is not the same as say someone coping with Post Traumatic Disorder. The first is chemical and the latter a survival technique used by the mind in trying to cope with events so traumatic the mind tries to erase the memories.. I don't think Norman is faking these `blackouts', otherwise why is he so angry at Norma for not telling him what is going on? Whatever the cause, he didn't come into the world this way.Norma is incredibly disturbed -she's manipulative, cold, selfish, an incestuous mother who also despises her older son, Dylan. In fact, I'm pretty sure if Dylan was in that box and Norman was the one being told Dylan dies unless Norman kills someone, Norma would let Dylan die rather than put Norman at risk. I don't think, after years of being victimized by Norma that Norman realized until the last year their relationship is abnormal.
    Punkin, prhoshay and waywyrd like this.
    " I'm a Republican. I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure, not gay marriage."- Will Macavoy The Newsroom

I wonder if Dylan will be treated as a hero by his boss, both his lover and her brother. I mean he did what they were terrified to do. So, Dylan may have become the new drug kingpin. He may step up into top management.

And I'm sure the sheriff would believe that Dylan killed Ford in self defense. It was certainly more of self defense than what happened to Norman when he pushed his friends dad down the stairs.
    redsox girl likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Who is the man in the picture with Norma when the show first begins; they appear to be drugged and in a car; I would assume that it is Norman, but I didn't think it really looked like him. Is it Norma's lawyer "love/sex interest"? I don't think I'll be watching my encore until Sunday. By the way, there is a season marathon that begins at 7:00 Friday morning, for anyone who may be interested!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I must have missed that scene.

OK, so now I think I get it. That scene that I described was at the tail end of the previous episode, not the beginning of the one that we were talking about. I'm guessing it HAS to be Norman who is drugged with Norma. Dylan and Nick Ford had a conversation in the pizza parlor where Nick told Dylan to "take Zane Morgan out" and that he didn't really want to start a drug war that would end up taking out everybody, even Dylan's own family. Dylan told Nick to stay away from Norma or he'd kill him. The very next thinIg you know, Norman is being taken to the "locker", and Norman was trying to explain that they had the wrong person, that he was a high school student.

It looks like they (whomever "they" are) are starting with Norman.

Looking forward to Monday night's season finale!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 05-04-2014 at 05:14 PM.
    Punkin and redsox girl like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    OK, so now I think I get it. That scene that I described was at the tail end of the previous episode, not the beginning of the one that we were talking about. I'm guessing it HAS to be Norman who is drugged with Norma. Dylan and Nick Ford had a conversation in the pizza parlor where Nick told Dylan to "take Zane Morgan out" and that he didn't really want to start a drug war that would end up taking out everybody, even Dylan's own family. Dylan told Nick to stay away from Norma or he'd kill him. The very next thinIg you know, Norman is being taken to the "locker", and Norman was trying to explain that they had the wrong person, that he was a high school student.

It looks like they (whomever "they" are) are starting with Norman.

Looking forward to Monday night's season finale!
    I'm not sure what you mean....starting with Norman. Since Mr. Ford is now dead, I don't think Mr. Ford's crew will go any further.

Apparently, Ford is the person who ordered Norman's abduction. Ford wasn't dead yet, and was still running his operation. What I got was abducting Norman was Ford's way of convincing Norma to get Dylan to kill Zane Morgan. Dylan killed Ford after he went to see Zane and didn't kill him; Dylan told Ford that he hadn't killed Zane, what he'd need and where Zane was. At that point, Ford was going to take Dylan out and kill him, but Dylan killed Ford before Ford could kill him.

What I do think is that now that Ford is dead, there is definitely somebody waiting in the wings to step up and take over. Why would there not be? That's a lot of money on the table. It is organized crime, and I've watched a TON of The Sopranos!
    Punkin and redsox girl like this.

Oh, I see. I guess I figured that since Ford is dead, his business will fall apart. His hired men were employees, so I'm not sure how they would step in. That big house will either pass through a Will or to his next of kin. His daughter is dead, so, that's up in the air. At any rate, unless he left it to his hired men, they won't be able to keep his house. I guess they could operate from some other location. His bank accounts will also be frozen.

Dylan has taken out their top guy. They might want to tread lightly. They don't know that Dylan killed him in self defense and that he is not a violent guy. They may perceive Dylan as a huge danger and decide it's better for their health to either make amends with Dylan by returning Norman alive and work for Dylan or just leave town.

With Ford dead, his employees could be left scrambling. Dylan could scoop them up and combine with his boss and boss's sister to make a larger business. I'm just speculating.

God bless you in your "everybody gets along" world! I guarantee there is structure in that business. Nick Ford was a sophisticated business man. If it is as loose as you think it may be, why would there be death and destruction if there was a drug war between the two families? Of course, I could be wrong.
    Punkin likes this.

+ Reply to Thread