+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree137Likes

Thread: Bates Motel

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Bates Motel

Some sickos like to keep souvenirs from their crimes, don't they?
    waywyrd likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Some sickos like to keep souvenirs from their crimes, don't they?
    Yes, Norman does.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I asked upthread if Norma and Norman were having sex. Most said they didn't think they actually were. Is that still the consensus?

Exactly where was Norman's DNA found on Ms. Watson? Was it inside her body, near her body, on the couch, towel, etc? I'm trying to recall how much they showed last season when Norman was at her house. She was in her room undressing so that Norman would see and he was looking.......then what? Did he actually go in there and have sex with her before he left, only it wasn't shown? Or did he take care of himself in the living room and leave without actually touching her?
    I can only speak for myself. If you look at the dates of my posts you'll see that my views went from...probably not...to...absolutely... within an episode or two.
    redsox girl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    I can only speak for myself. If you look at the dates of my posts you'll see that my views went from...probably not...to...absolutely... within an episode or two.
    Same here. After this latest episode, I'm definitely in the 'yes' camp.

If Norman blacks out and doesn't remember having sex with/killing Ms. Watson, how does his "normal" self reckon he got ahold of that necklace in the first place? Hmm.
    Punkin and Debb70 like this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Whoa. Norma was hyperventilating over the revelation that Norman "cheated" on her.
    redsox girl and Debb70 like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

They are still not showing the viewer whether Norman was actually the one who murdered Ms. Watson. They are careful with the camera angles to show him in bed with her and washing the knife, but then they don't actually show him cutting her. Is this just to keep us from totally hating the character or is there any chance that Norman did not kill her? If Norman did kill her, then how did the other guy's DNA get inside her? I'm confused.

I will say that I must have a cold heart, because I didn't have any sympathy for Norman being held in that hole.

I thought the writers handled the Mr. Ford situation rather oddly. If Mr. Ford is this rich, experienced, businessman who is in the drug trade, then one would think that he knows how to handle delicate situations and keep his nose clean. But, the hasty way he met with Dylan in a public place, had Norman abducted and then insisted on Dylan killing his boss within 24 hours, was so unprofessional. Wouldn't he know that such behavior would be obvious and the trail would lead right back to him? I just don't get why they wouldn't haven't handled that better.

Norma is my favorite character, but I will say that this overt, sexual obsession with her son is causing me to not like the character as much. Too creepy.

They are still not showing the viewer whether Norman was actually the one who murdered Ms. Watson. They are careful with the camera angles to show him in bed with her and washing the knife, but then they don't actually show him cutting her. Is this just to keep us from totally hating the character or is there any chance that Norman did not kill her? If Norman did kill her, then how did the other guy's DNA get inside her? I'm confused.
    Boy, if Norman didn't do it, they sure are trying to trick us! I think it was all him, hence the creepy memory flash while he was zonked out in that box. As for the other guy's DNA, wasn't it said at some point that she was somewhat promiscuous? I could be remembering wrong...

I don't know what Sheriff Romero is going to do about Norman's kidnapping, but I sure hope Dylan gets far, far away from there. He's in way too deep with all those creeps, and I hate the way he just gets dumped on by Norma. Poor guy. He and Emma are the most likable on this whole show.
    Punkin and JavaJo like this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

They showed Norman remembering that he was watching Ms. Watson, then he was in bed on top of her, and then he saw his mom in his head telling him to kill her. Then you see a knife go across the woman's neck. Then they show Norman rinsing the knife. ( To be so smart, you would think that Norman would have thought about his DNA inside her.) But what if Norman ignores the voice from his mom and doesn't kill Ms. Watson. What if he falls asleep and when he awakes she is dead. He then isn't sure if he did it or not, so he rinses the knife and flees. Oh, and pretends he can't remember anything. I don't buy it. I think he does remember. Someone else probably killed Ms. Watson. That's my crazy theory.

So, at some point, another man had sex with Ms. Watson. I guess it could have been from the previous day. The guy who she had sex with was a real violent loser, according the sheriff. He's so bad that the sheriff wasn't that upset that he was convicted of murder, even though he may not be guilty. What was Ms. Watson, a respected school teacher doing with a guy like that? Weird.

Since Mr. Ford is dead, I bet his employees will just take off. They are likely to just want a new job now. I can't see them having any retribution against Dylan, since who would pay them for it.
    Last edited by Debb70; 04-29-2014 at 03:58 PM.
    redsox girl likes this.

A person can be "respected" all day long and be a total freak on their home/off time. And, yes, she was said to be promiscuous.
    redsox girl likes this.

I asked upthread if Norma and Norman were having sex. Most said they didn't think they actually were. Is that still the consensus?

Exactly where was Norman's DNA found on Ms. Watson? Was it inside her body, near her body, on the couch, towel, etc? I'm trying to recall how much they showed last season when Norman was at her house. She was in her room undressing so that Norman would see and he was looking.......then what? Did he actually go in there and have sex with her before he left, only it wasn't shown? Or did he take care of himself in the living room and leave without actually touching her?
    In one of my first posts on this thread I mentioned that in season one it was implied through Normas sexualized behavior toward Norman (walking around him in a sexy black slip and asking him how she looked, then mocking him when he expressed how uncomfortable he was) and the jealousy she displays toward any girl who likes Norman, that yes, she has molested him, probably for years. There's never been a doubt in my mind. It would also explain his love/hate emotions regarding females and sex. The only reason she tolerated Emma is because once she found out Emma was going to die young she no longer felt threatened.
    Punkin and Debb70 like this.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

+ Reply to Thread