+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree137Likes

Thread: Bates Motel

Re: Bates Motel

I wonder if that town can make it without the drug money.
    Ellen and redsox girl like this.

I agree the drug making operation storyline is not a god fit. Dylan is a fascinating character in his own right and the storyline given to him doesn't seem a good fit. I realize he's been in jail ( I think) and he's been a drifter because there aren't any stable roots. But why not go with a different storyline for him? The whole thing , the town surviving on drug money is waaay out there (and that's saying something considering the main storyline). I realize there's an element of suspended belief we use, but it seems ridiculous that a whole town is indifferent to or actively involved in a violent drug war. It doesn't quite fit, at least in my mind, with the main story. It seems like two different stories without a connecting element. Yes, Dylan is involved in both storylines, but I feel like they are wasting Theroux's obvious talents as a nuanced actor. He's just as good as Vamiga In a way, his backstory is more interesting at times and I want to know what exactly it was that created the brittle and hostile relationship they have with one another. There's obviously loads of complex matter to be mined there, even as we gain a generalized understanding of Norma and Dylan's past relationship.

I also enjoy Emma. I enjoyed the relationship she and Norman shared last year. Another interesting character they need to spend more time developing.

Totally addictive show, though. Fun to read everyones comments about the show.

Oh, and I apologize for misspelling the last names of the two actors. I have a dusty brain tonight.
    "Remember, sometimes your`buddy' isn't really your `buddy'." - Donny

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I wonder if that town can make it without the drug money.
    I really don't understand why the writers chose this storyline. It's not a dying community. I understand it to be a small touristy town that makes money from vacationers. But, that could just be my perception rather than the truth.
    "Remember, sometimes your`buddy' isn't really your `buddy'." - Donny

I don't know how improbable it might be that the town is so dependent on marijuana business. Mendocino, CA is said to be something like that. And, hey, you can almost see Mendocino from Oregon. :>)

JK, but I'm willing to see where this all goes. As said above, the writers need sub-plots to keep the story moving, so I'll trust the writers for now because they've kept me spellbound so far. I love this show.

(If you haven't yet, check out Fargo on FX. I'm really loving this new show!)
    prhoshay likes this.

I just recall dialogue from some of the residents talking about how the only way the people in that town are able to have their nice homes, cars, boats, etc. is drug money. What I don't understand is how the crops are not found by overhead planes and helicopters. Law enforcement sends them out every day looking for illegal crops. I guess they may be paying the right people to keep the planes away.

REF. Fargo. I think you might like it better if you have never seen the movie. Having seen the movie and loving it, I find it's not as amusing as I thought it would be.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Sick, sick, sick. Norma decides to run home to Norman from her dinner invitation at the lawyer's house because she really needs to see Norman. She gets home, becomes offended with Norman because he doesn't pay her the attention that she wants and pulls away from her, storms off to his room as he tells her that "they" are not what he thought they were; he goes to his room and tells her not to follow him. He says something about them not being devoted to each other like he thought they were....he thought that they loved each other more than anyone could ever love another person. Crazy Norma bangs on the door, screaming to be let in. She decides that she'll show HIM, and goes back to the lawyer's house to have sex with him...out of revenge.

This pretty much confirms the sexuality between Norman and his mother.

This story is amazing.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Sick, sick, sick. Norma decides to run home to Norman from her dinner invitation at the lawyer's house because she really needs to see Norman. She gets home, becomes offended with Norman because he doesn't pay her the attention that she wants and pulls away from her, storms off to his room as he tells her that "they" are not what he thought they were; he goes to his room and tells her not to follow him. He says something about them not being devoted to each other like he thought they were....he thought that they loved each other more than anyone could ever love another person. Crazy Norma bangs on the door, screaming to be let in. She decides that she'll show HIM, and goes back to the lawyer's house to have sex with him...out of revenge.

This pretty much confirms the sexuality between Norman and his mother.

This story is amazing.
    They do put the "fun" in dysfunctional, don't they?
    Punkin likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I asked upthread if Norma and Norman were having sex. Most said they didn't think they actually were. Is that still the consensus?

Exactly where was Norman's DNA found on Ms. Watson? Was it inside her body, near her body, on the couch, towel, etc? I'm trying to recall how much they showed last season when Norman was at her house. She was in her room undressing so that Norman would see and he was looking.......then what? Did he actually go in there and have sex with her before he left, only it wasn't shown? Or did he take care of himself in the living room and leave without actually touching her?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

His DNA was found in her vagina. They only showed him watching her undress, the next thing you know, she was dead and he was walking down the highway.

Notice that he did take her pearl necklace with him. He had that hidden in his room, under his mattress, IIRC.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    His DNA was found in her vagina. They only showed him watching her undress, the next thing you know, she was dead and he was walking down the highway.

Notice that he did take her pearl necklace with him. He had that hidden in his room, under his mattress, IIRC.
    It's the things they don't show that make my skin crawl on this show.

I don't even want to know why he had that necklace (and her newspaper obituary) under his mattress.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread