+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree137Likes

Thread: Bates Motel

Re: Bates Motel

I love this show!!!!!!!!!

Last night was so good BUT I feel every episode has been great and each and every week it gets better and better!!!!
    prhoshay likes this.
    KAREN

Yes, Vera Famiga. She's so underrated, IMO. She needs some awards for her acting in this show. She makes this show work, IMO. I think the young man who plays Norman does quite well too.

Can I make a prediction that the new guy that Norma is sleeping with will end up dead too. Has she had sex with anyone who didn't end up dead? (Except for her brother.) They include her husband, the rapist, the deputy, ...just saying.
    Punkin, Ellen, redsox girl and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Can I make a prediction that the new guy that Norma is sleeping with will end up dead too. Has she had sex with anyone who didn't end up dead? (Except for her brother.) They include her husband, the rapist, the deputy, ...just saying.
    Oh, I hope not. He seems like such a nice guy.

That fight between Norma and Norman was just...creepy as hell. Like a lover's spat, but all kinds of wrong.

It has to be Nick's people who abducted Norman, who else would bother? And Dylan threatening a drug lord like that...eek.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I'm a little worried about Dylan. Recall how Mr. Ford was telling Norma to make amends with her son because you never know when it will be too late? Makes me worry about Dylan.
    waywyrd and redsox girl like this.

I'm a little worried about Dylan. Recall how Mr. Ford was telling Norma to make amends with her son because you never know when it will be too late? Makes me worry about Dylan.
    Oh, I know Deb, 70! I'm just letting you know if something bad, like death, befalls Dylan, you may have to talk me off the ledge
    I could not agree more with your thoughts on Vera Femiga. She is absolutely deserving of more attention and awards. You know, to me, what makes her acting so brilliant is that she takes a character with all sorts of flaws and creepiness and adds a fragility to her soul that makes me see her as sympathetic at times. Explains her actions so at least we can understand in bits and pieces why she is who she is. That's great acting!
    Please Norma, don't sleep with The Sheriff! lol I have a thing for Nestor Campbell and I'd like to see him around for a few more episodes
    Punkin, momrek06 and Debb70 like this.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

Yeah, I think too much! I'll still watch this show though. I love Norma.
    Deb 70 I think it's wonderful when people share their perspectives-that's what makes for great conversation. I think you make a good point in that blackouts are rare and used in a stereotypical way. I know Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome sufferers can have blackouts and rageaholics describe blackoiuts-but neither happens the way Norman's blackouts occur. Maybe Norma just calls them that because she doesn't want to bring him to a proper doctor for a diagnosis. Although, come to think of it, Emma and everyone else calls them blackouts, too. Maybe he goes into psychotic breaks? I really am fascinated by this aspect of the story as it was an important part in the movie. In the show I saw one scene, in which during one of his blackouts, when he was confronting Norma's brother he was referring to himself as Norma and he was experiencing flashbacks to her abuse as if he was Norma reliving the trauma. I found that bit of info helpful because It leads me to believe they eventually integrate their personalities. Right now, they live in their own closed off world, in many respects. It's unhealthy and creepy, but fascinating to watch.
    Punkin, tinderbox and Debb70 like this.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

I have also considered that the tv screen writers were actually limited in their treatment of Norman by the way the movie handled it. And when the movie was written, psychology was not as advanced as it is today, so I guess unless the tv show veered off from the movie version, they are confined to go with that theory of how Norman works. How I handle it is just view Norman as a liar and put on. He can pretend it's blackouts all he wants.

Oh, and if Norma is sexually abusing Norman and has been since he was young, then he may have developed the blackouts as a coping mechanism. I'm reaching for straws here. lol

I'm not sure why Mr. Ford would have abducted Norman so quickly. He had only a couple of hours ago given Dylan the order to kill that guy. Why not give Dylan at least 24 hours to do it, before resorting to harming his family? By the way things went with the guy's sister, it looked like Dylan was going to do what Mr. Ford said.

....Oh, and if Norma is sexually abusing Norman and has been since he was young, then he may have developed the blackouts as a coping mechanism. I'm reaching for straws here. lol....
    Could be.

An obvious sexual vibe between Norman and Norma has been present since the beginning of the show but, for me, it really hit home in this latest episode. The yuck factor was huge!!! I'm not sure if they've actually been engaging in consensual sex or if the sex began as abuse by Norma toward her son. Either way, it's become obvious that sexual activity has taken place between these two and it's not just a fantasy in either of their minds. (Maybe what began as abuse evolved into consensual activity?)

We are truly beginning to see how these two characters are so sickly entwined and how the final result came to be. I can't wait to watch how the story develops.

This show is so darn good. However, I agree with those of you who think the "drug" story doesn't work within the context of the big picture....at least, for now.
    Punkin and redsox girl like this.

But, if they don't have the drug story, then it's just a story about a business owner who flirts with her son and tries to fight a new highway project. lol

How many years can she keep that new highway at bay? lol If I were on that city counsel, I think I'd leave that proposal alone. It's not healthy. lol
    Punkin and redsox girl like this.

But, if they don't have the drug story, then it's just a story about a business owner who flirts with her son and tries to fight a new highway project. lol

How many years can she keep that new highway at bay? lol If I were on that city counsel, I think I'd leave that proposal alone. It's not healthy. lol
    I realize the need for subplots within any good story. We've seen Norman's evolving storyline with his peers and his brother. Norma has branched out with a storyline about the highway project and acquiring new friends. The writers have just scratched the surface with Dylan, I think. His is the story (drugs) that seems to have left me cold . Now that Ford has become part of the drug storyline, hopefully the connection between Ford, Dylan, and Norma will finally bring the drug story around.

+ Reply to Thread