+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree137Likes

Thread: Bates Motel

Re: Bates Motel

I suspect a big problem for me is that I don't buy a major premise of the story. I don't believe that Norman has blackouts and doesn't recall what happens. Maybe alcoholic blackouts, (although, I doubt many of those stories too,) but short of that or a blow to the head, it's not going to fly. It's practically a myth in the psychiatric world. Any kind of amnesia is rare, but the kind he seems to have is fake as fake can be. Even the multiple personality theory has mostly been disproved. It's just a story that I don't buy, so I guess I won't be satisfied with the storyline, since it seems Norman continues with this "so called condition" for the rest of his life. lol

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Debb, you sound like you want this to be real. Whatever....that's your choice.

I'm all about enjoying the story for what it is...a fiction....but that's just me.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Debb, you sound like you want this to be real. Whatever....that's your choice.

I'm all about enjoying the story for what it is...a fiction....but that's just me.
    It seems to me, as a fan (sometimes a frustrated one) of this show, one not only has to suspend belief, but also has to do so in the context of the late 1950s/early 1960s.
    I'm hooked. I shake my head a lot, but I'm hooked. Dammit!
    Punkin likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I think that's the fun. Watching and not having to "work" at it. Just relaxing and enjoying it.

I refuse to take life too seriously; I'm convinced that it will shorten your lifespan!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Yeah, I think too much! I'll still watch this show though. I love Norma.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    To me this season is just so blah. (With the exception of the revelation of Dylan's paternity.) The teacher's murder went nowhere. I took it that the Sheriff knows who killed her and that's why it's no big deal. That girl murders the guy she thought killed her dad, and that was no big deal. She is though to have killed herself, and there was no big deal about it. She just moves away.
    To be fair, they matched one of the semen samples in Miss Watson with Norman's DNA, so the investigation will likely come up again in the next episode. I felt like there would be a bigger search for Bradley or a bigger investigation into her whereabouts, since they obviously never found her body. I'd like to see more of Dylan interacting with Norman and Norma. I don't need to see him in the pointless drug war plot that has nothing to do with the rest of the story.
    Punkin likes this.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

But if the sheriff already knows who killed Ms. Watson, then does he care about the DNA? Recall when Norman went to the sheriff to report a strange man at her grave? The sheriff was totally not interested. It was as if, he knew about Ms. Watson's death.

I just watched the 2 previous episodes and, in one of them Norman, again, was weirding out when he was listening to Norma talk about a guy who had been to the house to help her prepare for her interview for the council spot; Norman was tightening and folding one of Norma's long scarves in his hands while he stared at her. He had the look of somebody who wanted to use the scarf on her neck but, eventually balled the scarf up and put it down....back to awareness. I totally missed that the first time around! Norman is becoming more and more rebellious. I am loving this show!!!

Great episode last night! Finally some excitement. Who has abducted Norman? I don't know. I just hope they keep him! lol

Norma and her obsession with Norman was so creepy. Yuck. Doesn't something terrible happen every time she spends the night with a guy? lol

I had missed the fact that Mr. Ford was the one Norman caught at Ms. Watson's grave. So, he's her dad.....hmmmm......very interesting.

Once again the writing is so clever. And the actress who plays Norma is superb! That woman can convey so much with her expressions and just the way she looks at someone. She makes this show for me. I really think she's the finest actress on tv right now......and Edie Falco. She's good too.

Vera Famiga, who plays Norma, looked so familiar to me but I couldn't place her. Then I happened to watch the movies, The Departed, and Up in the Air with George Clooney, in the last weeks and there she was in a featured role in both. I agree that she really carries the show.

+ Reply to Thread