+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree137Likes

Thread: Bates Motel

Re: Bates Motel

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Norma tried to keep Dylan away. Recall she didn't want him around there and was shocked when he found her whereabouts. He longs to be part of that family. I guess it's all he has. It's very detrimental though. I wonder if he makes it out alive.
    I hear you.

Also, I think Norma's actions the morning Dylan was passed out on the bed were resounding. It's the only time I've seen her show any warmth to Dylan through touch and motherly concern.

As I've said before...I LOVE Dylan!

I have one episode to catch up on.

Whoa... This last episode moved the story along. At least we're beginning to see some of the reasons why Norman has issues. I'm sure there are a lot more to come.

Yeah, who was outside the closet when Norman and his mom were hiding inside? His dad? Is that why Norman killed him?

I really wish Norma hadn't deprived Norman of his license the way she did. There was a better way to do that. I wish she had thought it through. She could have let him finish the driving portion, then stopped him before the written test and discussed the info. The way she did it was just plain cruel.

I really can't stand Norman's new girlfriend. She's so annoying.
    Punkin likes this.

I felt really bad for Norman in that scene too. All ready to do his test and then she goes and uses his blackouts so that he couldn't do it.

I don't like Cody either. She seems like she tries really hard to be badass, and she is very annoying.

I felt like the couple of episodes before this one weren't very good, but this one was slightly better. I still do think that the Emma/Gunner and Dylan/weed/his boss subplots are a bit overdeveloped.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

I haven't kept the fact that I dislike Norman a secret. I don't care for him very much, however, I did get a kick out of him going off on Cody when she coerced his friend to jump into the lake. Norman just told her off and yelled at the guy to stay out of it. I loved that part. I think he scared all of them for a minute.

This episode was interesting and the next one should be good too. I kind of saw the DNA match with Miss Watson coming though due to the focus on the officer collecting the samples and having them rushed to the lab, etc.

Still not liking the weed subplot. I find that it doesn't really tie into other parts of the story enough for the whole thing to be cohesive. It sticks out and breaks the flow of the story a bit. The parts with Norma/Norman are the most interesting and the most worth exploring. Dylan didn't even interact with either of them this ep. I'd like if they wrapped up the drug war somehow, but I don't see it happening. Looks like Norma's going to use her relationship with Romero to try to keep Norman out of trouble like she did with Shelby.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

I wish they'd back off on the drug war stuff, too, it's taking over a lot of the story. Though I do like seeing Dylan, I wish he wasn't so caught up with those clowns.

Norman is getting creepier every week. In a second those puppy dog eyes can get the most evil look...the actor is terrific in this role.
    Punkin, Ellen and JavaJo like this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

To me this season is just so blah. (With the exception of the revelation of Dylan's paternity.) The teacher's murder went nowhere. I took it that the Sheriff knows who killed her and that's why it's no big deal. That girl murders the guy she thought killed her dad, and that was no big deal. She is though to have killed herself, and there was no big deal about it. She just moves away. Now Cody's dad is killed, but no big deal. When do we get something that's a big deal? It's like they go from one little deal to another. Love Norma. She's doing the best she can with what they are giving her.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    To me this season is just so blah. (With the exception of the revelation of Dylan's paternity.) The teacher's murder went nowhere. I took it that the Sheriff knows who killed her and that's why it's no big deal. That girl murders the guy she thought killed her dad, and that was no big deal. She is though to have killed herself, and there was no big deal about it. She just moves away. Now Cody's dad is killed, but no big deal. When do we get something that's a big deal? It's like they go from one little deal to another. Love Norma. She's doing the best she can with what they are giving her.
    I believe there will be a cumulative effect with the "no big deal" happenings along with Norman's existing mental issues which will lead to "the big deal". Lots of little steps to the final story, I think.

Also, it's a tv show. They want to be airing more seasons so I don't expect to see everything tied up in a big bow for awhile. There will probably be additional characters and stories introduced along the way just so the show can exist.

I've enjoyed this season. Hope we see Dylan move back into the house and interact with his mom and brother again....soon.
    Last edited by tinderbox; 04-18-2014 at 02:37 PM.
    Punkin likes this.

+ Reply to Thread