+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree137Likes

Thread: Bates Motel

Re: Bates Motel

I agree. I did some research once on cousins having kids and as it turns out they aren't doomed to have medical or mental problems as we have been led to believe. I'm not surprised that the incidences with closer relatives is also not as harmful as you might think, alhthough it could be very troubling for the rape/incest victim or the child that is the result of it.

Interesting take on nature vs. nurture and how, in this case, nurture is more influential than nature.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

This may be a silly question, but can someone tell me if it's a given that there is incest going on between Norma and Norman? Parts of it lead me to believe it is, but then I'm not quite sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    This may be a silly question, but can someone tell me if it's a given that there is incest going on between Norma and Norman? Parts of it lead me to believe it is, but then I'm not quite sure.
    Hmmm... I don't think incest has happened between them....yet. However, I do believe it has happened in Norman's mind!

Thanks to those of you who understand genetics more than I. I learned something.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

They kind of leave you hanging out there, what with her crawling into bed with him all of the time. It does not seem, to me, that it has happened, but it looks like an unhealthy situation.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

They definitely seem to be putting it out there as a possibility. But like you all, I don't think it's gone that far...yet.

I really feel for Dylan after these last two episodes. Poor guy doesn't have anyone to turn to.
    tinderbox and JavaJo like this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Norma tried to keep Dylan away. Recall she didn't want him around there and was shocked when he found her whereabouts. He longs to be part of that family. I guess it's all he has. It's very detrimental though. I wonder if he makes it out alive.

Norman was/is her preferred son, but I think she is softening toward Dylan. Dylan's family position makes me sad.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Yeah, Dylan has been feeling very down lately. He's very unhappy with his job and now this....he needs to find a support group.

A support group???? Help Me, Rhonda!!!

+ Reply to Thread