+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree137Likes

Thread: Bates Motel

Re: Bates Motel

Thanks for the heads up, but if you guys want to discuss before I see it, that's okay with me. It's not a spoiler since it's already aired. I'm one of those people who has no problem with spoilers. Fine by me.
    Ellen likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Not a fan of that woman who hosts the after-show. I find her annoying. Please go away.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Excited it's back! Sometimes you can hear FH's accent come through a bit, especially if he's raising his voice or is angry, but it's definitely more noticeable once you know that he's English.

I really don't like Bradley. She's clearly still messed up from her father's death, but she always comes off as a manipulative girl who uses her looks to get what she wants.
    Punkin likes this.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

I thought I had DVRd the After Show but I didn't. Darn it!!

Hope they show it again...or is it a new program they'll show after each episode??
    Punkin likes this.

IMO, I wouldn't waste my time with the Aftershow. I tried to watch it, but it was so boring and that hosts so annoying that I ff through and just watched the preview for next week. I'm done with that.

Yes, Bradly is a nasty character, IMO. I'm not sure why I couldn't summon up empathy for the girl who lost her dad. I'm not sure. It's just not there. I also didn't care that she killed that guy. There are so many nonsympathic characters, that it's difficult for me to care much about them. I do still care for Norma though. lol

I felt for her as she told the City council she would lose her business with the new bypass. They are pushing her into a corner and we know that will not end well for someone. She will take others down before she loses her business.

One of the problems I have with Norman is that I refuse to accept that he has no memory of killing people. We know he claims to have no memory of killing his dad. I do not believe this with anybody, not just Norman. So, I have to view his character in a different way and with more of a twist than the writers intend. That can be problematic, because I have no sympathy for Norman at all and I think we are supposed to.

I do question if Norman did kill that teacher, because the sheriff seems to know and isn't interested in finding out who did it. Maybe it was him. I wouldn't be surprised.
    I didn't rewatch the finale from last season. Do they actually show Norman doing it or just fade away to him afterwards? I wonder if they are leaving it open.

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    I thought I had DVRd the After Show but I didn't. Darn it!!

Hope they show it again...or is it a new program they'll show after each episode??
    Repeat Monday (tomorrow) at 9:00 am Pacific time.

Debb, have you still never bothered too see the original movie?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I do question if Norman did kill that teacher, because the sheriff seems to know and isn't interested in finding out who did it. Maybe it was him. I wouldn't be surprised.
    I didn't rewatch the finale from last season. Do they actually show Norman doing it or just fade away to him afterwards? I wonder if they are leaving it open.
    They didn't show him doing it. Miss Watson took him to her house and after the scene in her house they showed him running home covered in blood. The last shot of the season is Miss Watson on the floor with her throat cut with a lot of blood. And Norman says that he doesn't remember what happened that night, which may suggest that he had one of his blackouts like he supposedly had when he killed his dad.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

The movie showed you just how messed up he was.

Okay. I recall the finale from last season now. That's what I thought. It led up to Norman, being there, her undressing, he looking uncomfortable and then he's walking home. He probably didn't do it.

Oh yes! I did watch the movie Psycho a few months ago. It was on TMC. It was okay. It wasn't nearly as scary as I always thought it would be though.

+ Reply to Thread