+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: The Bible on History Channel

Re: The Bible on History Channel

"The Bible": How a hit TV miniseries was born - CBS News

An interview with Roma Downey and Mark Burnett.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I've heard a lot of good things about this miniseries. Even Walmart had some kind of read-along books available, which I found amusing since it's based on quite the read-along book as it is. I wish I got the History Channel. I'll have to make sure to watch for it on DVD.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

For those who do receive the History Channel, they are re-running all the episodes up to and including the NEW one starting at 4 PM. I haven't watched it either, but from the buzz, this way I get to watch from The Beginning, as it were.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Even though it says part 1 of 5, what I'm watching at 4PM is Abraham and the beginning of the lineage. I missed the Flood and the cleansing of the Nephalim - shoot.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Based on the good feedback here, I've downloaded the first two episodes from On Demand and set the timer to DVR the rest

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    Based on the good feedback here, I've downloaded the first two episodes from On Demand and set the timer to DVR the rest
    Oh you will not be disappointed. It is very good. DH and I are thoroughly enjoying it.
    KAREN

I haven't watched this yet but plan to. Did read an interesting article about it. Mark Burnett talked about the "weird" things that happened while filming. Thought maybe some would be interested in reading about the odd occurrences. Gave me the chills.
    Mark Burnett says 'weird things happened' on 'The Bible' set | Inside TV | EW.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12