+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Zero Hour

Re: Zero Hour

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    I'm really sorry to hear that I actually enjoyed the show. I thought it was a fun blend of Dan Brown, National Treasure and Raiders of the Lost Ark. I was hoping to see how it all turned out
    Exactly what I thought Katy! I'm looking forward to more shows, if it gets better maybe word of mouth will drum up some buzz
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    The show hasn't been canceled. It was only Do No Harm that was canceled after 2 episodes. The two were mentioned in several articles together, so maybe that's where the confusion is coming from. There's nothing out there yet about Zero Hour being canceled.

Of course, with such low ratings, it probably WILL be, but nothing is official. I'd hope that the popularity of Anthony Edwards would compel ABC to give it more of a chance. Weird that it didn't do well, considering that it's the lead-in for Gray's Anatomy. Maybe lots of people were tuned in for the Survivor premiere Networks are taking OnDemand numbers into their decisions now, so I hope lots of people went and watched the premiere OnDemand.
    For me especially since Comcast/Xfinity went digital and basically screwed me from being able to record one show and watch another; I still hate that I cannot do, and since I finally figured out On Demand I do use that feature to check out shows I normally would not watch. That is how I watch Bunheads and Bones. Glad to hear it might be worth watching cause I hate watching TV on my computer.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I made it through a half hour of the show & then turned it off.
    I just had that "what am I getting myself into?" feeling. Complex storylines, cliff hangers, questions with no answers, mysteries on top of mysteries, all with peoples lives being in mortal danger at all times.
    I'm just not up for that. I have enough of that type of show on my plate as it is.

I want a show that I can watch & let it go afterwards, and not go into a panic if I miss an episode.

I miss GCB. Fun, escapism, laughs, & no absolute commitment.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I DVR'd last night and watched it this morning. It's OK. I am wary now of getting interested in anything ABC puts out there. After Pan Am and then 666 Park Ave got axed before the network even gave them a decent chance, I don't want to get too interested in anything on that network.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    The show hasn't been canceled. It was only Do No Harm that was canceled after 2 episodes. The two were mentioned in several articles together, so maybe that's where the confusion is coming from. There's nothing out there yet about Zero Hour being canceled.

Of course, with such low ratings, it probably WILL be, but nothing is official. I'd hope that the popularity of Anthony Edwards would compel ABC to give it more of a chance. Weird that it didn't do well, considering that it's the lead-in for Gray's Anatomy. Maybe lots of people were tuned in for the Survivor premiere Networks are taking OnDemand numbers into their decisions now, so I hope lots of people went and watched the premiere OnDemand.
    As I mentioned, I thought I heard this on the radio and wasn't absolutely certain. I was just waking up so it's entirely possible that the 2 shows got mashed up in my still sleepy brain. Possibly the reviewer mentioned that Zero Hour could suffer the same fate as Do No Harm or something. Thanks Critical, for clarifying.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I liked this show. I like puzzles, mysteries, and evil Nazi babies. I hope it won't be cancelled.
    cablejockey likes this.

I wouldn't get too attached. The ratings for the second episode were even worse than for the premiere.
    RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Zero Hour' Falls, 'Vampire Diaries' Up, 'Idol' Rises, 'Parks & Recreation' And 'Community' Hit Lows - Deadline.com
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I saw Andrew Edwards interviewed recently. He said that the mystery would be solved and all answers revealed in 13 episodes. So, either the show was intended to be one season only or they know the handwriting is on the wall and are shooting it that way.
    mina likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I actually think that is better. I hope they show all the episodes. Shows like this are interesting but there is only so much they can drag the original plot on and on without getting really ridiculous. I'm glad to hear it will be resolved.

Agreed. So many shows stay long after the party should be over. Sometimes it's nice to have 13 really tight episodes with a conclusion than multiple seasons that make you wish for season 1....Revenge, I'm looking at you!

I hope ABC lets the show air for the whole 13 episodes. I'd like to see how it all turns out. It's not must-see TV for me, but I like the cast so much (especially Scott Michael Foster and Anthony Edwards) that I'm going to keep watching.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast