+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Zero Hour

Re: Zero Hour

Not certain as I may have heard incorrectly, but I think I heard that it is being pulled after 2 episodes? This was something from a radio reviewer this morning.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Wow... I saw a review, from a reviewer who loves A.E., and was disappointed, but figured it would still survive once he hit his marks again...

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Short write-up from DEADLINE.COM about the all important viewer numbers for Zero Hour. Apparently, the only show to ever have a worse debut is Do No Harm.

The premiere of Zero Hour (1.3/4) on Valentine’s Day saw the full-time return of Anthony Edwards to primetime more than a decade after he left ER. Unfortunately for ABC, on a night that traditionally sees lower viewership, the conspiracy drama marked the lowest-rated in-season debut for a scripted show ever on the network. Facing off against American Idol in the 8 PM time slot, Zero Hour was down 41% from the September 27 premiere of Last Resort, a show that is now cancelled, and 38% from the March 15 premiere of Missing. That still pales compared to the January 31 premiere of the now cancelled Do No Harm on NBC which got a 0.9/3) and was the lowest rated in-season premiere ever of any scripted show on the any of the Big Four networks.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I'm really sorry to hear that I actually enjoyed the show. I thought it was a fun blend of Dan Brown, National Treasure and Raiders of the Lost Ark. I was hoping to see how it all turned out
    Duxxy and Coco46 like this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

I think there are too many shows on Thursday, I watch Vampire Diaries, Person of Interest and Project Runway that night. I was planning on catching up on Zero Hour but now it seems I don't have too. Too bad I do think that there should be other options for viewers who don't want to watch American Idol.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

The show hasn't been canceled. It was only Do No Harm that was canceled after 2 episodes. The two were mentioned in several articles together, so maybe that's where the confusion is coming from. There's nothing out there yet about Zero Hour being canceled.

Of course, with such low ratings, it probably WILL be, but nothing is official. I'd hope that the popularity of Anthony Edwards would compel ABC to give it more of a chance. Weird that it didn't do well, considering that it's the lead-in for Gray's Anatomy. Maybe lots of people were tuned in for the Survivor premiere Networks are taking OnDemand numbers into their decisions now, so I hope lots of people went and watched the premiere OnDemand.
    Coco46 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    ..... I thought it was a fun blend of Dan Brown, National Treasure and Raiders of the Lost Ark. I was hoping to see how it all turned out
    I DVRd it and watched it last night. Yeah, to me it seemed a bit DaVinci Code like. Hmmm....

Anyway, I gave it a C and decided not to watch it again. I'm watching and DVRing other shows on Thursday nights. Too bad because I really like Anthony Edwards.

I like the show despite it's resemblance to other books/movies and am glad it has not been cancelled. I'm betting the story will get more and more interesting as it unfolds, if given the chance.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

I thought it was a terrible night for the premiere. Episode 1 is airing again tonight at 9:00 after Revenge. So maybe ABC thought the same thing and are giving it another chance. I hope so.

I'm not sure yet; I watched the first episode and do like the cast. It's an interesting premise, so I'll give it several more episodes to grab me.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast