+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Monday Mornings on TNT

Monday Mornings on TNT

Anyone else catch the first episode of this show? I found it to be really good, but the ratings were dismal. I hope it is able to weather through & stick around.

Re: Monday Mornings on TNT

I liked it too. It wasn't great, but the cast is terrific: Alfred Molina, Bill Irwin, Ving Rhames, Jamie Bamber, Jennifer Finnigan....

I think there's plenty of potential if TNT can just give it some time and maybe change the timeslot. Monday nights are PACKED with popular shows. It seems like they're just setting it up for failure.

I do wish Jamie Bamber wasn't using an American accent. I don't know why his British accent is a problem. I think he's much sexier with his normal speaking voice.....and he's pretty darned sexy with the American accent.
    SpringMaiden27 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Oops, I had planned to watch, but forgot about it. It's repeating a couple of times on Saturday, so I've set it to record and will watch.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Monday Mornings on TNT

I caught it and loved it. Sad to hear the ratings were love.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I really like this show. Of course, tonight's hit a soft spot because 007 ("License to Kill") had the correct statistics on people needing transplants, although he really was a bit of a jerk when it came to the donor (and the donor's mother).

I did watch it and very much liked the first episode. I have the 2nd one dvr'd, so I'll catch up on that shortly. I hope it stays around.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

PWS
    FORT Fogey

This is the one based on Sanjay Gupta (CNN)'s book, right?
    Critical likes this.

The second episode was really good. I hope the ratings pick up so the show will be allowed to develop & stick around. Those Monday Morning grillings are brutal. I'm surprised someone hasn't busted Molina in the nose.

I like this show and hope they give it a chance to survive. I wish they would find another time slot since Monday has so many shows on. I read Sanjay Gupta's book and was looking forward to it. I hope they deviate from the book regarding Ving Rhames character since Sanjay Gupta kills him off and I really like seeing a show with Ving Rhames in it. I think the most compelling parts are the Monday morning meetings.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Dang! I forgot to look for it. I'll see if I can catch up.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast