+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Monday Mornings on TNT

Re: Monday Mornings on TNT

It's totally ridiculous that a show this great could just go away. WHY? ANYONE can tell this show is awesome. If it did not do as well in ratings as they wanted, it's the networks fault for not promoting it enough. If the public would watch it, they would love it. I stumbled upon it. I didn't know it was there, until then.

I really wonder about TNT. THey had another great show they didn't promote either. It was about a hospital too and starred Jadie Pinket Smith named Hawthrone. I never liked her before, but she was wonderful in that show. It made it a couple of seasons and then was cancelled. TNT must be idiots when it comes to promoting their shows. WHY? They also had Men of A Certain Age? ANOTHER great show that went down the tubes. It's so frustrating.

I realize it's probably a waste of time, but I may just have to write a letter to TNT about their habit of getting great shows and then letting them go. It's crazy.
    Last edited by Debb70; 04-09-2013 at 10:19 AM.
    Lil Bit likes this.

I've heard the same cancellation rumors and I'm equally saddened by the thought. TNT needs to learn how to promote their quality shows from USA and AMC.
    Ellen likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    The Season 1 finale just finished...I so hope this show gets renewed!

(And even though I'm on UNOS, I had no idea that volunteering for organ donation included selling some parts. It makes sense, I just didn't know about it.)
    Neither did I. As someone with the pink "donor" sticker on her driver's license, I find that disturbing. But my husband is alive today because of an unrelated anonymous cadaver kidney donated by someone who signed the form 26+ years ago, and turned out to be a perfect match. (A 26 going on 27 year renal transplant with great creatinine/GFR numbers? His doctors are amazed.)

Transplants (and all that go with them) are expensive outrageously so in the all-for-profit, capitalist (even as regards healthcare) USA so if, when I die, most of my parts go altruistically to save lives, and some of my parts go for-profit to balance out the costs in our effed-up system in order to allow "doing the right thing" to happen, so be it. What the hey I'll be dead anyway.
    Last edited by Ellen; 04-09-2013 at 05:44 PM.
    Lil Bit and TripleGemini like this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I watched Men of a Certain Age also--I'll watch Bakula in anything!---and also thought it was very good. Yes, what is wrong with TNT?
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Neither did I. As someone with the pink "donor" sticker on her driver's license, I find that disturbing. But my husband is alive today because of an unrelated anonymous cadaver kidney donated by someone who signed the form 26+ years ago, and turned out to be a perfect match. (A 26 — going on 27 — year renal transplant with great creatinine/GFR numbers? His doctors are amazed.)
    That's incredible! Good for him :-) (My doctor and I are currently playing the "waiting game"...she wants me to wait as long as possible to get a new kidney so that if it doesn't last 25 years, it won't matter ;-). And there's the whole rejection drug issue, too. Personally, I'd like to hold out for the new mechanical kidney, but I don't think it will be ready in time.)

Just caught the episode and concur that this show should not be cancelled. Such high quality acting and writing.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    That's incredible! Good for him :-) (My doctor and I are currently playing the "waiting game"...she wants me to wait as long as possible to get a new kidney so that if it doesn't last 25 years, it won't matter ;-). And there's the whole rejection drug issue, too. Personally, I'd like to hold out for the new mechanical kidney, but I don't think it will be ready in time.)
    The long-term side effects of the immunosuppressants are actually more of a health issue now than any of the actual "kidney stuff." The newer drugs are supposed to be better than the "old school" ones my hubby has been on (modified cyclosporine and low-dose prednisone) but nothing's perfect. To his credit, healthful, organic diet and exercise have put him in a somewhat better position than others who've been on the meds that long. He was on dialysis for ten years before getting his transplant; the timing turned out to be right for him.
    Feel free to PM me if you have any questions for me, or for him.
    TripleGemini likes this.

This has been a great show & a wonderful, if far to short, first season. So now TNT it's time to renew.
    Ellen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    This has been a great show & a wonderful, if far to short, first season. So now TNT it's time to renew.
    ...even if only for one more season. There's enough material left in the book for a season's worth of scripts.
    Florimel likes this.

I really hope they renew this. It is a very high quality show, great actors, and I loved the book. I think they don't do a good job of promoting their shows and I think a different time slot might help improve things as well.
    Florimel likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456