+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Monday Mornings on TNT

Re: Monday Mornings on TNT

I have no clue how this show came on my play list and after watching all my usual shows this was the last thing on the list and I thought "oh what the heck" -- and....I AM HOOKED....Love the show!!! Season pass has been set thank goodness it came on my playlist otherwise I would never had watched it.

All I can say is OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess I must have overlooked this thread, but when I discovered this show this past weekend, I knew there must be a thread for it here. If not, I was going to start one.

This is officially my favorite show right now. It has the flavor of House, Grey's Anatomy, and the old St. Elsewhere. I love the writing and acting. So many of the cast members look familiar. I can't recall where I have seen them, but I'm researching that.

I fear that this show will go down like their previous hospital show, Hawthorne, that was also a great show, because they didn't promote it enough. THis is a great show. It should be promoted more. More people would love it, if they only watched. It only takes one episode to be hooked.

I can't recall the last time I was so impressed with a tv drama. I really recommend it to anyone who loves dramas.
    Ellen and Lil Bit like this.

I just finished reading the book, which I bought after seeing the third (I think) episode. It's a can't-put-it-down page-turner (or whatever the equivalent iBooks term may be).
    Some of the book's elements have been changed for TV — in ways that make sense for a TV-series adaptation— however, many elements have been left "as is."
    Some of the things in the novel, though, involving some of my favorite characters? Ummm...in a way (as a fan/viewer), I want those changed. But in another — as a writer/editor who appreciates caution-to-the-wind ballsiness — I hope they're not changed.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I haven't read the book. I do have a few issues with the show, but have overlooked them. In my state, medical malpractice is a special animal. It's not like regular tort law. You have to have a doctor review the facts of the case, records, etc., and sign a statement that medical negligence took place. THen you can file a lawsuit. This show acts as if a lawyer just files a lawsuit willy nilly for no reason. If an attorney does that, he could have to pay a lot of money to reimburse the hospital for their attoney fees in defending a baseless claim and get into some big trouble.

And this show seems to portray that the insurance companies just throw money at medical malpractice claims to make them go away. That is just not true. Those insurance companies pay only valid claims and then it's like pulling teeth. The insurance companies really decide which claims to settle and for the amount, not the doctors, IMO. These things do bother me about the show, but I must ignore them, because the rest of the show is just that great.

I watched all four episodes in one weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Debb70; 03-11-2013 at 12:38 PM.

I think I speak for many viewers when I say, I don't want to see a bunch of stuff about lawyers and the minutia of malpractice law. I just don't care. It's a TV show. I watch it for entertainment.

David E. Kelley is a former attorney and Sanjay Gupta has pretty impressive medical credentials, so I'm going to trust them to tell the story.
    Florimel likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I found that Oregon, the state where this hospital is located, does not require the confirmation from an expert witness that negligence did occur. I guess that explains why they have so many seemingly baseless claims.

http://www.ortopedapr.org/legales/Me...s-by-State.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I found that Oregon, the state where this hospital is located, does not require the confirmation from an expert witness that negligence did occur. I guess that explains why they have so many seemingly baseless claims.

http://www.ortopedapr.org/legales/Me...s-by-State.pdf
    ...and why the former "Boston Public" vice principal has such a thriving practice. BTW, he plays a great snake!

I discovered that the actress who plays the blonde female surgeon, who is going through a divorce, used to appear on The Bold and the Beautiful! AND in real life she is married to the dark haired doctor, who I believe is a internist, not a surgeon. That guy has such a comical manner about him. Humor is such a big part of the show. Funny, that I consider it such a strong drama, when it makes me laugh so much. LOVE the Asian doctor. He is too funny. Can't forget his "Not do. Dead."

I like how Molina (as Harding) played the scene in which Park (the Korean or Korean-American neurosurgeon) was listening to his patient playing the violin. It seems like Harding finally *gets* Park. Maybe he won't be such an a-hole with regard to Park when he's doing his best to express himself in English (without making grammar/pronunciation errors).
    The majority of my EFL clients are Korean or Korean-American — I know how they think. Gupta and Kelley are spot-on.

This is rapidly becoming my favorite show. I really like it. TNT needs to step up to the plate & let the audience find it. Renew this sucker for next season.
    Ellen likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast