+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Monday Mornings on TNT

Re: Monday Mornings on TNT

I like it even more after episode 2. Good casting choices all around from what I've seen so far and even a little humor injected into such serious and emotional situations. I hope they publicize this show to help it draw an audience.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Well, it's on TNT, so it doesn't need to do as well as a network show--there's hope.
    Florimel likes this.

"Don't do - DIE." I love Dr. Park's bedside manner!

I love the show. I'm a fan of so many of the actors and I love David E. Kelley. I hope TNT gives it a chance because all the key elements are there.

Sanjay Gupta and Jamie Bamber were on Jeff Probst's show the other day and it made me wish even more than they let JB use his real accent. Maybe they think having two British doctors would be too much
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    "Don't do - DIE." I love Dr. Park's bedside manner!
    "Do...not dead." :-) My son thinks Dr. Park is great. And what's even better, at least in my opinion, is that this is a show that makes him think and ask questions. Given that I need a kidney, that storyline led to some interesting discussions, although they really screwed up IMO...the donor's surviving family should never have been in the same room as the recipients' families (or family, as only one was shown).

Holy crap. I love this show (I'm a sucker for medical shows maybe because I wanted to be a doctor but sucked at math as a kid/teen; I became a language teacher, which I'm great at!) and just bought the e-book on which it's based.
    My hubby would like to watch this show, but since he had major surgery just a month ago, it's too soon for him. Mildly painful for me. Nevertheless, I'm taking notes...

Re: Dr. Park
    I totally get him (as most of my tutees are kids of Korean doctors). Two of my former tutees are Korean doctors who could function in English in strictly professional circumstances, but they lacked finesse in conversing with patients and their families. I was able to help them bridge that gap. Shoot, I already have a lesson plan in place for Dr. Park. (Hmmmm......so how can I market this?)
    Last edited by Ellen; 02-19-2013 at 01:55 PM.
    TripleGemini likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I love it too, Ellen. It only took a few episodes to really hook me. I REALLY hope this one catches on and doesn't get canceled.

So many people like to complain about how there are too many medical dramas, but I honestly don't care about that. If the acting is good and the writing draws me in, I don't care about the setting of the show. Plus, medical dramas have been around for YEARS for a reason - they make for compelling TV.

I've always been a fan of David E. Kelley, but I've felt like he lost his way for a bit over the last few years. This show feels like old school Kelley, like LA Law and Chicago Hope. I love that the characters are complex and fallible and HUMAN.
    TripleGemini likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I like that I can watch a show with my son that makes him think.

This has become one of my faves. Something I actually look forward to watching.
    JLuvs likes this.

Totally love the actors in this show and the situations in which they find themselves. I like medical shows if they really are medical shows, like E.R, Chicago Hope, Northern Exposure, and such, instead of the pure soap opera that Shonda Rhimes gives us. I really hope they give this one a chance and it stays around.
    Ellen likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Monday Mornings on TNT

The last scene this week did me in, maybe because I have had two close friends pass away in the last 10 days.

I find everything about this show fantastic.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast