+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: The Americans (FX)

The Americans (FX)

The Americans is a period drama about the complex marriage of two KGB spies posing as Americans in suburban Washington D.C. shortly after Ronald Reagan is elected President. The arranged marriage of Philip (Matthew Rhys) and Elizabeth Jennings (Keri Russell), who have two children – 13-year-old Paige (Holly Taylor) and 10-year-old Henry (Keidrich Sellati), who know nothing about their parents’ true identity – grows more passionate and genuine by the day, but is constantly tested by the escalation of the Cold War and the intimate, dangerous and darkly funny relationships they must maintain with a network of spies and informants under their control. Complicating their relationship further is Philip’s growing sense of affinity for America’s values and way of life. Tensions also heighten upon the arrival of a new neighbor, Stan Beeman (Noah Emmerich), an FBI agent. Stan and his partner, Agent Chris Amador (Maximiliano Hernández), are members of a new division of Counterintelligence tasked with fighting against foreign agents on U.S. soil, including KGB Directorate S illegals, Russian spies posing as Americans.
    The Americans | Series Premiere January 30 at 10pm

Did anyone else watch tonight?

I'm watching the first episode now and, so far, I really like it. I'm thrilled to see Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys and I can't wait to see Margo Martindale. I love the early-80's feel, complete with old-school Fleetwood Mac over the first action sequence and Keri Russell's high wasted Guess jeans, OMG. Nostalgia.

I have high hopes.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Re: The Americans (FX)

Both episodes were incredible...just freaking INCREDIBLE!

Another win for FX--I just hope folks are watching...its awesome!

Wait, BOTH episodes? Here FX only aired the pilot. It was 90+ minutes, but it was only one episode. Episode 2 airs next week.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I DVR'd it, so I'll watch asap. After hearing what you all have to say, I'm looking forward to it.
    football_chick likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Crap! Forgot about it. I hope it repeats.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

I think it's on again tonight at 9pm; Sunday at 10pm then a couple of late night showings.

I checked the TV listings on IMDB and couldn't find it either in tonight's schedule or Sunday's. Weird. I'd be surprised if they didn't air it at least once between now and Wednesday, but I sure couldn't find it. I'm glad I watched it last night because it's not online or OnDemand either. I know FX is slow to get shows up OnDemand so, like with SOA, I'll be watching this one in real time so make sure I don't miss it.

It seems strange to me that FX promoted the heck out of this show and, after pretty good reviews for the pilot, they're not airing it a bunch of times throughout the week, or making it available online or OnDemand.

My cable went out a few times last night during the episode, so I had to watch twice to get everything. Of course, it went out right at critical moments. I practically screamed. It was out for maybe 20 minutes total. So annoying! I was glad they aired it again right after. I would have missed Elizabeth meeting with the colonel and about half of the last 30-ish minutes of the show.

The Americans (FX)

I found on next Tuesday night at 11:00pm - after reading the comments here I decided to catch it.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Just FYI for anyone who missed the premiere - it's just been uploaded to Hulu
    Kao likes this.

I made a mental note to DVR it.....and then forgot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast