+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: The Americans (FX)

Re: The Americans (FX)

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I'm a little surprised that Elizabeth and Philip don't realize what an opportunity their is in getting the goods on Stan. Why wouldn't they think of the possibility of him having an affair? It's not uncommon when a couple is having difficulty. This information could be used by the KGB to their advantage. They seem to just act so matter of fact. I'm curious. Maybe they just wait for orders and do nothing else.
    Phillip may know or suspect, but I don't think they know WHO it is. If they did ... it would be bye-bye Nina by now.

The whole scenario with Nina's "promotion" is suspicious. Either the Russians suspect what she is up to or she is a double agent?
    I think that Vasili guy knew who set him up. When they hauled him off,he looked up and back at her. Just the suggestion would have them investigating her and the "promotion" could just be a ploy. We never heard all of that conversation.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Kao

I'm thinking double agent. All her talk about spies to Stan after meeting with her boss made me hella suspicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Kao View Post
    I'm thinking double agent. All her talk about spies to Stan after meeting with her boss made me hella suspicious.
    EXACTLY! Nina came in and started talking about spies and how spies don't see things in black and white. Well, why would she refer to herself as a spy? She is a secretary, who got caught with her fingers in the cookie jar. She's just trying to provide a little information in order to stay out of prison or have her hands cut off. That is not a spy. Why would she call herself a spy? Odd, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    EXACTLY! Nina came in and started talking about spies and how spies don't see things in black and white. Well, why would she refer to herself as a spy? She is a secretary, who got caught with her fingers in the cookie jar. She's just trying to provide a little information in order to stay out of prison or have her hands cut off. That is not a spy. Why would she call herself a spy? Odd, IMO.
    I am not sure she referred to herself as a spy ... but I think stealing information from her government and delivering it to the US FBI definitely qualifies as spying.

I really have to watch that whole thing again.

Nina was sending electronic equipment to Russia ... trying to make some money and that would have gotten her in trouble with her Government. That is how Stan got her to act as a spy for the U.S. So ... she was telling Stan that he thinks more like a cop and doesn't understand how spies think.

BUT ... perhaps she has been a spy for Russia all along? I don't know. stay tuned.

Mohandas Gandhi

Kao

So sad this won't be on this evening (due to March Madness, I think?). I'm really eager to see how things develop.

echo: I don't think she's been a spy all along, because Stan busted her exchanging things to sell back home. I think that they put two and two together once her old boss returned to Russia and figured out that she was the loose link, but instead of punishing her decided to get her to work Stan for them. Either way, I don't think things are going to end very well for Nina. Stan's boss isn't really interested in getting her out, and she's really not getting much out of the deal. And Arkady probably made her a deal that she couldn't refuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Kao View Post
    So sad this won't be on this evening (due to March Madness, I think?). I'm really eager to see how things develop.

echo: I don't think she's been a spy all along, because Stan busted her exchanging things to sell back home. I think that they put two and two together once her old boss returned to Russia and figured out that she was the loose link, but instead of punishing her decided to get her to work Stan for them. Either way, I don't think things are going to end very well for Nina. Stan's boss isn't really interested in getting her out, and she's really not getting much out of the deal. And Arkady probably made her a deal that she couldn't refuse.
    That sounds completely possible. I only wondered if maybe the exchange and Stan busting her was all a set-up to begin with.

Regardless, I think she's a goner which is too bad because she is a popular character.

If your theory is correct, at some point, they are going to let Phillip and Elizabeth know and won't that be fun with the neighbors at the next meatloaf dinner.

As I keep saying ... I love this show. My only complaint is sometimes some difficulty in understanding the Russian accented dialogue so I have to watch and listen again.

Mohandas Gandhi

Kao

This week's episode was really good!

Did not expect...any of that. Wow, Stan.

I think that to assume that the guy was taken by the KGB is a little presumptious. Certainly the guy had other people he had arrested. He had many women who could have been upset with him. Maybe even a husband or two. They didn't consider any other explaination than a Russian. Of course, it was a Russian, but it was kind of self defense. lol

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Can someone spoil for me what happened after Stan shot the guy eating the hamburger? My DVR stopped recording. This is not the first time this has happened - I wonder if the show really goes 61 minutes and my DVR thinks it's just 60? :

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    Can someone spoil for me what happened after Stan shot the guy eating the hamburger? My DVR stopped recording. This is not the first time this has happened - I wonder if the show really goes 61 minutes and my DVR thinks it's just 60? :
    Something was amiss with the recording of that episode. It was very strange. I asked my SO and he watched the whole show earlier so this is 2nd hand info.

Amador told Phillip that Arcady was the target. Elizabeth made some sort of code call to Arcady to alert him.

Phillip and Elizabeth discussed who should get rid of Amador ... and Phillip said he would do it ... but when he walked in the room ... Amador had already died.

This probably has some pieces missing, but as said, it is hearsay from my SO who is not the best re-capper.

Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread