+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: The Americans (FX)

FORT Fogey

Re: The Americans (FX)

Quote Originally Posted by Kao View Post
    Quick question, did they send that lady with the baby to Russia? My feed cut out in the last 5 minutes and I didn't see what finally happened to her.

Love this show, so glad to have something new to watch that I'm actually excited about!
    The baby went to the grandparents in Russia...they killed the woman with a drug overdose.

Kao

Well, ouch.

The actor who plays Stan is only listed for 8 episodes on IMDB. I hope that's wrong and nothing happens to him tomorrow night! Nina, on the other hand...I think her days are numbered.

IMDB is about as reliable as Wikipedia quite honestly. They have "Greatest American Hero" for example having anywhere between 43 (correct) and 45 episodes for the series. (The correct answer here is 43 for the regular series and one pilot attempt - "Greatest American HeroINE")

If the woman who had the baby was the one who was Polish (or acted such) I'm kinda disappointed. Marina Squerciati actually in my honest opinion added a bit more depth to this show when it was needed. I think Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys are excellent, but sometimes the stories feel just a smidge flat. This one added to it a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    IMDB is about as reliable as Wikipedia quite honestly. They have "Greatest American Hero" for example having anywhere between 43 (correct) and 45 episodes for the series. (The correct answer here is 43 for the regular series and one pilot attempt - "Greatest American HeroINE")

If the woman who had the baby was the one who was Polish (or acted such) I'm kinda disappointed. Marina Squerciati actually in my honest opinion added a bit more depth to this show when it was needed. I think Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys are excellent, but sometimes the stories feel just a smidge flat. This one added to it a bit.
    I don't know which one you mean by "this one".

The one with the wife ( of the KGB guy who died in Eposode 1) and baby were way back in Episode 3.
    As added info ... the agent who died was a very good "friend" of Phillips and Claudia assured Phillip and Elizabeth that they would do right by his wife and child.
    Phillip and Elizabeth don't know that they killed the wife and sent the baby to the grandparents in Russia. I think they may find out.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

The plot gets deeper and deeper ... but I will have to watch this episode again.

It was good ... but sometimes I lose part of the story because I am in a mental loop about another part.

Stan and his wife are still on the outs, Phillip and Elizabeth as a couple are troubled because Granny told Elizabeth that Phillip was "with" Irina and their mission this week was to stop a hired kill contractor; Gaads nympho secretary may get caught asshe is being observed; something suspicious is going on with Nina ... and,Oh! Elizabeth puts horseradish in her meatloaf!

As said ... I have to watch again.

Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post

43 episodes plus a pilot makes 44 which puts it squarely between 43 & 45.

Here is a question I have. Regarding the KGB Agent they were trying to stop this week. He met the hooker in the bar, how did he know she was going to hook up with one of the FBI agents that was guarding the scientist? He had to know that somehow because he put that bomb in his radio.

Also, that hooker to me, looked like Stan's wife, didn't she?

...Here is a question I have. Regarding the KGB Agent they were trying to stop this week. He met the hooker in the bar, how did he know she was going to hook up with one of the FBI agents that was guarding the scientist? He had to know that somehow because he put that bomb in his radio....
    I think we are to assume he paid her to seduce the FBI agent and lure him back to her hotel.
    Debb70 likes this.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Why is Margo Martindale (Claudia) just so dam good? WOW!!! Every scene she's in I just find myself riveted on her.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I'm a little surprised that Elizabeth and Philip don't realize what an opportunity their is in getting the goods on Stan. Why wouldn't they think of the possibility of him having an affair? It's not uncommon when a couple is having difficulty. This information could be used by the KGB to their advantage. They seem to just act so matter of fact. I'm curious. Maybe they just wait for orders and do nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Here is a question I have. Regarding the KGB Agent they were trying to stop this week. He met the hooker in the bar, how did he know she was going to hook up with one of the FBI agents that was guarding the scientist? He had to know that somehow because he put that bomb in his radio.
    tinderbox said:
    Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    I think we are to assume he paid her to seduce the FBI agent and lure him back to her hotel.
    I am just adding
    You may recall that the East German under contract to dispose of the scientists was by a tree watching the safe house and when agents were coming and going and changing shifts. That is how he arranged to set that time to go off at the most opportune time.

As far as the hooker, she was definitely being used/paid by the East German guy ... and instructed to get/keep the FBI agent in the shower so he could put the explosives in the FBI guy's radio. Also ... I think that FBI agent is the one who was late showing up?

I do have a question as it's not clear as to whether the hooker was previously known to the Hitman .

I love this show.

Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread