+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: The Americans (FX)

FORT Regular

Re: The Americans (FX)

Thumbs up here too - definitely enjoying the show!

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Anyone watch last night? I LOVE this show.
    I just watched the pilot and have Ep2 DVR'd to watch later. I have to go back and watch it again because I got a little lost at the beginning with the darkness.
    It will be easier now that I mostly know who the characters are. I like that they are flashing back to some background in a pretty smooth way.

Some of my favorite parts were Phillips "attention" to the pervert and that Phillip was in the garage at the end.

I mentioned all of your comments and recommended it to a friend as well and he said he really liked this show.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I'm really interested to see how this show develops. It does show promise. It was fun to see Richard Thomas (John Boy) appearing. I haven't see him in a while.
    I think he's been doing Broadway and I hear him pretty regularly on commercial voice overs. It's nice to see his FACE on my TV! I hope we'll continue to see him on the show. I've always been a fan.

I thought the second episode was even better than the first. I'm really enjoying the balance between the family life and spy world AND the cat and mouse game between the KGB and the U.S.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I think he's been doing Broadway and I hear him pretty regularly on commercial voice overs. It's nice to see his FACE on my TV! I hope we'll continue to see him on the show. I've always been a fan.

I thought the second episode was even better than the first. I'm really enjoying the balance between the family life and spy world AND the cat and mouse game between the KGB and the U.S.
    As I said earlier, our TV Critic in the paper, said he was provided with the first 3 episodes & each one was better than the previous.

I'm enjoying it so far and will definitely keep watching!

I like the story and the actors make me forget they're acting so it gets a big thumbs up from me so far!

This is the best new show I have seen on TV in a long time!!!! I LOVE this show. I DVR'd the first 2 episodes and just this minute finished watching the first episode. This is really good!! never thought I would watch anything that had me rooting for the KGB agents.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick View Post
    This is the best new show I have seen on TV in a long time!!!! I LOVE this show. I DVR'd the first 2 episodes and just this minute finished watching the first episode. This is really good!! never thought I would watch anything that had me rooting for the KGB agents.
    It's funny you say that because I have no problem rooting for the russian spies, after all, they are just like American spies--doing their job for the country they believe in/love*. I do, however, find it interesting that people are responding to the KGB agents like you--seeing them as humans instead of evil communists here/there to kill us all. Of course, let's make no mistakes here, many communists (and/or spies) have and will kill people (even their own) in the blink of an eye but ALL societies have people like that and the real job here for the show runners is making "enemies" sympathetic...seems like they are doing a bang-up job so far .

The show is now ON Demand. I have watched the Pilot that was 1 and one-half hour long and the episode called The Clock. What have I missed?

^^^ That's all the shows that have aired.

+ Reply to Thread