+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: The Americans (FX)

Re: The Americans (FX)

...Martha i treading on dangerous ground. She is likely to get caught taking those top secret documents home, she knows Philip is wearing a wig and she's demanding a baby. I wonder if they will take her out or fake Philip's death to get rid of her....
    I'm thinking there's much more to Martha then we currently know.

I love Martha. I really think she deserves someone who loves her the way she thinks Clark does. All she wants is a happy family. She's a hardworking girl, who has no idea what she's doing is illegal. She has been totally duped and I can't imagine any way this will end well for her. She is likely to get prosecuted for treason or be killed by the KGB. I don't think anyone would believe she was an innocent in the matter. And now that she has brought those classified documents home........oh my..she's really in trouble if she gets caught for that.
    Punkin likes this.

The Americans returns on Wednesday, January 28th @10pm!

The Americans | Season Premiere January 28 | 10PM | FX Networks
    KAREN

I can barely wait!!!!!!!!!!! This is my favorite show. I saw an imitation preview on one of the networks recently. It may be good too. It looks like it it has the same type of setting. I can't recall the details.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I can barely wait!!!!!!!!!!! This is my favorite show. I saw an imitation preview on one of the networks recently. It may be good too. It looks like it it has the same type of setting. I can't recall the details.
    Yeah, that one on NBC looks so much like a rip off for this show it's not even funny. I'm surprised it's even being given the light of day given that FX could sue the pants off NBC and this one actually win. I haven't seen enough variances that will give it a clear as not being directly a ripoff.

Then again - it's NBC which has a rather derisive name now instead of "National Broadcasting Corporation" so their version will probably be killed off (pardon the pun) before the end of its first season - if not pulled regardless due to the similarities).

I have to admit I'm looking forward to this season - what I will be able to see due to work conflicts. It's nice it's getting this third season as the second one I ended up losing some interest in when parts felt a bit dragged out. So... we'll see what develops.
    tinderbox likes this.

...Yeah, that one on NBC looks so much like a rip off for this show it's not even funny. I'm surprised it's even being given the light of day given that FX could sue the pants off NBC and this one actually win. I haven't seen enough variances that will give it a clear as not being directly a ripoff...
    When I saw the previews for this new show I began to laugh. What a joke!!

I know. It does appear to be an imitation, but I just really like that kind of show. I'll probably check it out.

I may watch Allegiance simply because I'm such a fan of Hope Davis. It's clearly not going to be as good as The Americans. Shows on broadcast TV generally aren't. Still, I'll give it a try because of Hope.

I'm happy The Americans is coming back, although I hope FX is going to run a marathon of last season before the premiere. I was planning on watching the season OnDemand, but Comcast is actually CHARGING for the episodes Please. I pay for FX; I'm not paying to watch episodes on a channel I already pay for.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

OMG, This show came back in a big way. I just love it. I really hope this show gets some recognition this season. I know it's just one episode, but already, it's so above most other dramas on tv. I just love it! Where to begin??/

I can't believe that Elizabeth beat up two FBI agents. lol She is one tough cookie. I think Elizabeth dropped the ball though when she didn't follow that CIA agent to the bathroom.

Who was the woman the FBI showed on the screen who is coming to America that they have to protect? It wasn't Nina was it? I thought they said she was tried and convicted, though her colleague at the Russian Embassy is trying to save her.

I felt sad that Elizabeth's mom is dying. I wonder if she will attempt to visit her before it's too late.

What is Philip going to do with the dead girl's body? He told her to be careful. Man, she actually thought she could reveal she was an informant and that guy would overlook it?

Did anyone see this latest episode? OMG. This show is so awesome! That scene of them breaking that girls bones really got to me. OMG. So graphic and gruesome.

Does anyone think that Russian lady who defected is Elizabeth's mom?

+ Reply to Thread