+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: The Americans (FX)

Re: The Americans (FX)

The TV Critic for our paper says he has been provided with the first 3 episodes & each one is better than the previous one. You had to know the Dad was going to take some action on the child sex pervert. Cool show. I like it.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    The Americans | Series Premiere January 30 at 10pm

Did anyone else watch tonight?

I'm watching the first episode now and, so far, I really like it. I'm thrilled to see Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys and I can't wait to see Margo Martindale. I love the early-80's feel, complete with old-school Fleetwood Mac over the first action sequence and Keri Russell's high wasted Guess jeans, OMG. Nostalgia.

I have high hopes.
    Critical, I totally agree. One question though... were her jeans "high wasted" (uhm... since it WAS the '80s') or were they high waisted LOL
    Agree with you. LOED the first episode. Fleetwood Mac's "Tusk" was so well used - really grabbed me in the beginning and the whole episode didn't let go. The ending I thought "oh well that's interesting" but when they showed Philip was in there, I was like "OH SNAP!!!!!". I can't wait to see Mags... er... Margo Martindale, she's always a riot in every role.

Can't wait to see the rest of this show - the pilot was very well done, great character development, intense plot devices and left me wanting more... much more. Reminded me of Homeland and Breaking Bad.

LOVED!
    Coco46 likes this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    Critical, I totally agree. One question though... were her jeans "high wasted" (uhm... since it WAS the '80s') or were they high waisted LOL
    Agree with you. LOED the first episode. Fleetwood Mac's "Tusk" was so well used - really grabbed me in the beginning and the whole episode didn't let go. The ending I thought "oh well that's interesting" but when they showed Philip was in there, I was like "OH SNAP!!!!!". I can't wait to see Mags... er... Margo Martindale, she's always a riot in every role.

Can't wait to see the rest of this show - the pilot was very well done, great character development, intense plot devices and left me wanting more... much more. Reminded me of Homeland and Breaking Bad.

LOVED!
    Now, now. I just missed a letter. Just like you did, unless you really "loed" the episode
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I'm really interested to see how this show develops. It does show promise. It was fun to see Richard Thomas (John Boy) appearing. I haven't see him in a while.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Now, now. I just missed a letter. Just like you did, unless you really "loed" the episode
    I swear... honest I fixed it. I definitely caught my stupid typo... I hate them with a passion... and went back and fixed it... but really mom, the system ate my homework

I wish there was another episode on tonight - I'd loVe that!!!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I DVRd the first episode and watched it last night. Loved the music but can't say I loved much else about it. I thought it was offputting in a number of ways. I will say the actors did a fine job. Never thought I'd see the day that Kerry Russell would do so well with a role like this. Good for her!

I'm going to try to catch up on this show. It's during the time I was growing up, so it holds that appeal to me.

I wish I could figure out why FX is so stingy with their dramas. They hold them back from On Demand and then only run the show once per week. It's so annoying if you forget to DVR it.
    SpringMaiden27 likes this.

Anyone watch last night? I LOVE this show.

This show is awesome! FX is really raising the bar....

I'm really impressed. I pray the show is a success. It's something different. I hope it catches on.

I think that making it more available would help too. FX needs help in that department. They did the same thing with Sons of Anarchy and American Horror Show. It's not shown enough during the week and it's too slow to get put ON Demand. In fact, last week, this show was not even available ON Demand. I hope that changes.

+ Reply to Thread