+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: The Americans (FX)

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Re: The Americans (FX)

I thought this episode was fantastic from start to finish. Very taut and suspenseful. for the return of Claudia
    I'm loving S2 even more than S1

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

It's one of my favorites and isn't one of those cookie cutter shows. I was disappointed they didn't seem to get any awards. Maybe with Breaking Bad being gone, they'll have a shot.

The show has been renewed for a 3rd season.
    Coco46 and Debb70 like this.

LOVE this show. It's my favorite right now.

Anyone else watching?

What did you think of Elizabeth letting that guy kill Lucia? She didn't have much of a choice really. Lucia was not spy material. She was more of an assassin, but maybe too passionate to do that properly.

Can someone tell me how did Lucia know where that military guy lived? She had no prior dealings with him. How would she have known? I don't know if that is a clue or just doesn't make sense.

Also, when Elizabeth and Phillip met with this top military guy in the fake interview a week or so ago, they pretended to be FBI or CIA. He seemed to buy it since he had the guys military records. But then this week he knew they were Soviet agents. Which is it? I don't understand.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I'm still watching it... and loving it more than ever!
    Punkin likes this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I'm shocked this thread has been so neglected, especially with how great this season has been.

Last night confirmed a couple of things for me. There was definitely something up with Emmitt and Leanne's son and Stan is going to have to provide Stealth intel to save Nina.

Last week I knew something was up with the way the camera zoomed in when Emmitt and Leanne's son was in the kitchen talking to Stan. For no apparent reason they zoomed in on the bread basket and then the jar of peanut butter as he was opening it to make a sandwich. I think it was odd. THEN last night they zoom in on his hands holding the ORANGE! Well, I immediately knew someone was going to be killed, because CITRUS is a warning in the film world of impending murder. Recall the God Father? lol

And then the guy meets with the handler. I'm wondering if that young man is also a Soviet Spy and not so innocent. He may have discovered a problem with his parent's loyalty and took them out pursuant to the orders from Russia. I know it sounds crazy, but I can't think of any other explanation. Can anyone else?

I'm now thinking that Philip and Elizabeth may now decide to put their kids into spy training.

Stan, Stan, Stan....you're such a dupe.

FORT Fogey

Wasn't the message Philip and Elizabeth found said "Get Jerod out" I'm assuming that Kate left it for Elizabeth and Peter to find. To me, Kate being herself, not in disguise meeting Jerod was her way of being open about recruiting him. The FBI killed his family. Kate could work on him and I think could easily turn him, given the horror of their death. That's why the note, and that's why Jerod was fidgeting when he met others like Stan and then Elizabeth in disguise. Jerod was in the process of joining the KGB. Elizabeth was worried that Stan told him about his parents, but I think Kate went ahead and did it instead. Elizabeth missed the opportunity when she destroyed the letter from Jerod's dead mother. However, Kate winds up dead, so it seems to me Elizabeth was more cautious for a very good reason.

Good points. I didn't realize they had revealed who killed Emmitt and Leanne. It could have been the Soviets. You know how they have to cover up when someone gets out of line or if they had been exposed. Larrick knew about Emmitt and Leanne. He says he was planning on killing them, but someone did it first.

Recall how Granny said she had been exposed, because she revealed who she was to some lover? He could have have been responsible if he was also a spy for the FBI. I take it that the viewer of this show is not privy to all the goings on of the FBI. We see some, but not all.

There are only TWO more episodes left this season! I hope it gets renewed again. It's just the best drama on tv IMO.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Good points. I didn't realize they had revealed who killed Emmitt and Leanne. It could have been the Soviets. You know how they have to cover up when someone gets out of line or if they had been exposed. Larrick knew about Emmitt and Leanne. He says he was planning on killing them, but someone did it first.

Recall how Granny said she had been exposed, because she revealed who she was to some lover? He could have have been responsible if he was also a spy for the FBI. I take it that the viewer of this show is not privy to all the goings on of the FBI. We see some, but not all.

There are only TWO more episodes left this season! I hope it gets renewed again. It's just the best drama on tv IMO.
    I don't think we know yet who killed Emmitt and Leanne, but the Soviets have Larrick in their sight as a big suspect. It probably wont turn out that way. But Kate could easily turn Jarod if he knew they were spies, it just follows that the other side killed them in his mind. That's why I think Kate was just herself, not in disguise. Her dying plea to save Jarod seems to make sense if he were KGB.

+ Reply to Thread