+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: The Americans (FX)

Re: The Americans (FX)

So that's where I know Philip from. I knew he looked familiar. (Brothers and Sisters)

Actually, when the show started, Philip had been visiting with Martha for some time getting information. THey didn't say exactly how long that had been going on. I suspect she had had feelings for him for awhile from the way she reacted to him when he made the first move on her.

Elizabeth is a complicated character. I like her at times, but get frustrated with her easily. I get more frustrated with Philip, because he tends to forget to be observant of his surroundings. What kind of spy does that?

I wonder what kind of plan the couple has in mind for the their kids if something goes wrong. With no family or real friends to take the kids, what would happen if they were caught or killed?

Whomever said above that this is one of if not the best show on TV is absolutely correct!

I suspected that Nina was already a spy ... and didn't think she would be around long ... but she is very popular character and perhaps they are going to keep her around for a while!
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Where do you think they get the 80's looking underwear?

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Where do you think they get the 80's looking underwear?
    Estate sales?
    football_chick, Coco46 and Debb70 like this.

Mohandas Gandhi

The season finale tonight was outstanding. This show deserves an Emmy.

I hate that I have to wait for who knows how long for season 2.
    Debb70 likes this.

Mohandas Gandhi

I was nervous last night. I kept reminding myself that Philip and Elizabeth couldn't be caught, because the show needs them for season 2. lol

Biggest disappointment is if Granny leaves. They said she was reassigned. I hope that her nursing Elizabeth back to health will make them change their mind and keep her in DC.

I think that Granny killed the guy that killed the Soviet Officer and friend of Elizabeth and Granny, because she had to. If the meeting went wrong, then Elizabeth would have been held in custody and this guy would have been able to identify her from when she abducted him in that bar. He's the one that gave then the first composite drawings of the couple. Elizabeth really scewed up by doing what she did.

Good acting by Nina. She really has Stan by the balls. If she, Philip and Elizabeth plant certain evidence on him, it could look like he has been working for the Russians. He's having an affair with Nina and even hosting the syp couple in his home. AND it could look like he took gifts from Philip. Recall he gave him a great deal on that vacation. I don't think Stan can take it.

What do you think of the final scene where the daughter is standing in the basement? I took it that she saw that her mom had done all of this laundry and she was thinking her mom must have known she was going to be away. OH, how odd will it be if the kids say they never heard of this great aunt on their mom's side.

I think the only way that Philip and Elizabeth can throw the heat off of themselves is to plant two fake bodies as them for the FBI to find and mistakenly believe it's them. I'm not sure how they can do that, but if they don't make the FBI believe they are dead or returned to Russia, they will continue to look for a couple.
    Last edited by Debb70; 05-02-2013 at 11:27 AM.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

The season finale was really well done. Lots of possibilities for season 2

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

WOW! On the finale!

Next season will, I believe, be just as great.

That rescue of Elizabeth and the subsequent car chase were really something! John boy Gaad was not a happy FBI guy! I was when Phillip put the directional on when he was pulling out of the garage. Just a little touch that adds to the greatness of this show!

The daughter has been a little suspicious right along. She is sharp, but Elizabeth always has a ready answer for her. The odd thing is the boy is smart and insightful (remember the duck pond?) and may have a inkling that something is going on that he has no need to know about .... YET. Maybe he is being groomed to be the next generation of KGB.

If The Americans doesn't at least get nominated for an Emmy ... I will be very disappointed.

Mohandas Gandhi

I have to wait for who knows how long for season 2.
    I think I read somewhere that the next season (13 episodes) starts in January 2014? If I have to wait that long it will be a long hot summer!

Mohandas Gandhi

I think this show is better than Homeland, (Showtime). Everything about it is better, IMO and I have watchd Homeland since day one. Too bad that it may be ignored since it's on FX. It needs promoting. If people see it, they'll love it. Homeland is wAAAY overrated, IMO.

The opening songs and videos for both shows are quite similar though.

+ Reply to Thread