+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: The Americans (FX)

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Re: The Americans (FX)

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Something was amiss with the recording of that episode. It was very strange. I asked my SO and he watched the whole show earlier so this is 2nd hand info.

Amador told Phillip that Arcady was the target. Elizabeth made some sort of code call to Arcady to alert him.

Phillip and Elizabeth discussed who should get rid of Amador ... and Phillip said he would do it ... but when he walked in the room ... Amador had already died.

This probably has some pieces missing, but as said, it is hearsay from my SO who is not the best re-capper.
    Thanks echo... I saw those parts so I think that all that happened before Stan shot the guy. A lot of people have complained about the recordings (dvr, vcr, etc) cutting out at the end. Strange. Thanks again

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I read that FX affliates weren't notified that the show was actually 1:07 minutes long, so recordings cut off at the 1 hour point.

Since I recorded the showing later, I actually recorded the last 7 minutes of the show in the earlier time slot first...I couldn't figure out why I was seeing next weeks previews so early into the show.

I watched it live and was also recording. Honestly, I can't recall what happened after Stan shot the guy. I think it went off. I'll double check and post here if anything else happened, but I don't think it did.

Philip must have a very good hairpiece. How does he get away with his mistress not noticing? I dated a guy who had one once and I picked up on it fast. One touch of the hair and it felt like rough sandpaper underneath the hair. He was was young guy too. I think he was about 29, but evidently he had lost a lot of hair. Or maybe he was a spy. lol

I was a little surprised at the graphic sex scene too. They are really pushing the envelope.

I think Philip may need to get a refresher course in spy work. Once again someone approaches him out of nowhere and he fails to notice until they are right on him. Considering his recent abduction and line of work, you would think he would be a little more cautious.
    Duckyface likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by crzndeb View Post
    I read that FX affliates weren't notified that the show was actually 1:07 minutes long, so recordings cut off at the 1 hour point.

Since I recorded the showing later, I actually recorded the last 7 minutes of the show in the earlier time slot first...I couldn't figure out why I was seeing next weeks previews so early into the show.
    The same thing happened to me but the discussion about and the death of Amador were NOT recorded. Also ... FX does not put episodes On Demand right away!

Marlena ... sorry if I gave you the wrong info because as said it was 2nd hand . Also ... my recording started with Chris and Stan laughing in the car and then the cheeseburger shooting. Something was cut off before and after the shooting her. The SO said this morning that there was "the usual" FBI discussions about what happens. Something will since 4 FBI agents are now dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I watched it live and was also recording. Honestly, I can't recall what happened after Stan shot the guy. I think it went off. I'll double check and post here if anything else happened, but I don't think it did.

Philip must have a very good hairpiece. How does he get away with his mistress not noticing? I dated a guy who had one once and I picked up on it fast. One touch of the hair and it felt like rough sandpaper underneath the hair. He was was young guy too. I think he was about 29, but evidently he had lost a lot of hair. Or maybe he was a spy. lol

I was a little surprised at the graphic sex scene too. They are really pushing the envelope.

I think Philip may need to get a refresher course in spy work. Once again someone approaches him out of nowhere and he fails to notice until they are right on him. Considering his recent abduction and line of work, you would think he would be a little more cautious.
    I usually record the later/repeat and watch the next day. My SO watches live and records the later repeat.

This is not the first graphic sex scene on this show .... but given the ... um ... high energy of that act ... I am surprised the hairpiece didn't fall off or go flying!
    Last edited by echo226; 04-05-2013 at 03:09 PM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I re-watched last week's episode because of the recording mis-hap.

I realized that Martha had just told Clark that the FBI planned to kill a KGB agent which put Clark/Phillip on the double defensive with Chris.
    I still haven't figured out if he suspectyed something suspicious, or was just jealous because of Martha.

He was one helluva agent. He left breadcrumbs!

This show continues to be just great!

I am only half way through tonight's episode, but dropped by to tell you.

Mohandas Gandhi

I rewatched my recording and it cut off too, but I was watching live so I saw the scene where Stan took the KGB guy a burger then shot him in the head. I kept thinking it was laced with poison.

So sad to see the civil rights turned KGB supporter go down. I can't recall his name. I will soon.

I just knew that he was a dead man when they found that ring and it was linked to his people. Once again, that was Philip's fault. I honestly think that Philip needs a refresher course in spy work. He misses too many things and is too careless. I noticed that when he was walking from the car to his motel room. He's not into spying, IMO and doesn't give it his all. If Philip had been more deligent, he could have avoided getting approached at his car last week. I expect more from spies. lol

I'm not sure if Stan is this crazy, but I wish he would allow Philip to stay at the secret house where he meets with his informant. I kept thinking that was on his mind when Stan was commenting on Philip's motel room. Plus, Stan could visit him there and get some guy time in.

Stan gave Philip a HUGE clue as to his life last night. If Philip blows it, I'm going to scream. Stan talked about how maried people have secrets. Hello! Philip knows Stan and his wife are having marital problems, NOW Stan talks of secrets. Find out what it is and use it.

I cannot believe that Elizabeth and Philip let that guy walk out after rejecting the offer to go to Moscow. He did what he promised, but there was a chance it would not. Too risky. They may get in trouble for doing this.

Philip and Elizabeth living apart is boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I rewatched my recording and it cut off too, but I was watching live so I saw the scene where Stan took the KGB guy a burger then shot him in the head. I kept thinking it was laced with poison.

So sad to see the civil rights turned KGB supporter go down. I can't recall his name. I will soon.

I just knew that he was a dead man when they found that ring and it was linked to his people. Once again, that was Philip's fault. I honestly think that Philip needs a refresher course in spy work. He misses too many things and is too careless. I noticed that when he was walking from the car to his motel room. He's not into spying, IMO and doesn't give it his all. If Philip had been more deligent, he could have avoided getting approached at his car last week. I expect more from spies. lol

I'm not sure if Stan is this crazy, but I wish he would allow Philip to stay at the secret house where he meets with his informant. I kept thinking that was on his mind when Stan was commenting on Philip's motel room. Plus, Stan could visit him there and get some guy time in.

Stan gave Philip a HUGE clue as to his life last night. If Philip blows it, I'm going to scream. Stan talked about how maried people have secrets. Hello! Philip knows Stan and his wife are having marital problems, NOW Stan talks of secrets. Find out what it is and use it.

I cannot believe that Elizabeth and Philip let that guy walk out after rejecting the offer to go to Moscow. He did what he promised, but there was a chance it would not. Too risky. They may get in trouble for doing this.

Philip and Elizabeth living apart is boring.
    Civil rights guy/KGB supporter was Gregory. I don't think the link was Phillip's fault because Gregory was Elizabeth's recruit/agent/lover ... and it would have been Elizabeth who insured he was trained to look for breadcrumbs. Also .... Gregory's people certainly gave him up quickly. Sad to see him go out like a soldier ... but let's not forget that he was also a traitor, but didn't want to leave America.

I agree that it's boring with P & E apart, but I believe they are going for some insight into what it must have really been like for these KGB agents. I wonder iof there are any defectors acting as consultants.

I was surprised that P & E let Gregory walk out. But Phillip did because Elizabeth pleaded. He did that for her.
    It also proved that Gregory was correct that Elizabeth is getting soft.

There is just so much to this show and I am surprised there is not more interest here.

The safe house offer to Phillip is a good idea, but I don't think Stan could do that. And great observation about the conversation regarding secrets.

I think the best thing of the night was when Stan knocked on the motel room door and said "open up ... FBI" Too funny!

Mohandas Gandhi

When I watched it again, I heard Philip and Elizabeth discuss how Gregory and his people were supposed to clean the car from any trace of the dead man, HOWEVER, Philip knew the guy was in that trunk with his hands free. Double and triple check for bread crumbs. I think a highly trained spy would have. Anyway, it resulted in Gregory being killed. I hate that. He was the ONLY person Elizabeth could trust. She really is tied to Philip, because she can't ever be open with any other man about her life. There is no need to pretend they can live separately. They have to just make it work, IMO.

I know Gregory was a traitor, but I still cried during those last scenes when that song started playing. The coffin, the bullets, the pain, oh my. So disturbing.

Nina will find out that Stan executed her friend. That's going to be a hell of a scene.

I may watch this episode again too. This show is so very well written and they have struck a balance at this point, I think, between the skills of the KGB and the FBI.

I do feel sad about both Gregory and poor Vlad who just wanted to be a doctor and got caught in the crossfire.

I am anxious to know what Stan and his wife (Susan?) are in such a heated argument about. Has she found out about Nina?

Mohandas Gandhi

Perhaps Stan is foolish enough tell his wife he has been unfaithful. That would explain her anger. Perhaps he takes off like Philip and separates. Could he move into the safe house? I'm not sure why I can't drop it. I guess because his boss warned him to not abuse that safehouse. You know he will. lol

I just want Liz and Phil to discover Nina and what she's doing with Stan. The three of them could really play Stan. Nina may be too angry if she finds out what Stan did to Vlad.

+ Reply to Thread