+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree161Likes

Thread: The Following

Re: The Following

When he got to the mansion. I thought I misheard her so I cranked up the volume and listened twice more. She whispered it but I'm sure that's what she said.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

This show has officially jumped the shark for me so epically that the shark was like "Damn, what a jump!"

Yeah, my suspension of disbelief can only go so far and it really reached its limit with this most recent episode.
    mushybrain likes this.

I still like it but I can't see myself investing too much time without some sort of closure. I can't see it dragging on for years and keeping me interested. I know I am not supposed to "like" Emma but I really dislike her. I can't put my finger on it but the actress grates on me.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    When he got to the mansion. I thought I misheard her so I cranked up the volume and listened twice more. She whispered it but I'm sure that's what she said.
    I'm going to rewatch and see if I can catch that. If he's daddy, who's the mother? Though it does make sense with the way Emma acts around him, all huggy and happy. The others just sit back with goofy smiles and their cups of Kool-Aid, dreamily looking to Joe for instruction.

Not a fan of Emma, either. The actress does a good job of making me dislike her.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Ok, I was wrong, but I swear someone said "daddy". Maybe I need to get my hearing checked

I was right about Wes, though. I still think the lady FBI agent is in with Joe.

This show is one that you have to actually watch every second. If you are multi-tasking during the show, you are definitely going to miss something that means something. For example, the lady lawyer and why she was so willing to do Joe's bidding. They showed her missing fingers...so you know that at some point him or one of his followers had tortured her. I'm sure she was terrified of what would happen if she didn't follow his orders. It happened anyway, but she was trying to save herself. I totally get that.

These followers have nothing to lose, so that makes them 10 feet tall and bullet proof. They'll walk into a situation knowing they might not make it out. It's part of the cult mentality. Do as your told, no questions. So ambushing law enforcement surrounding a farm is just another day at the office.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

My first comment in this thread, but I got into this show because my son recommended it to me and I do like it. I guess it is not for everyone, but so far so good. I have not watched this week yet, but I wonder if this show will not be like the show last year called Missing with Ashley Judd. It was only on for one season/year and had that same sense that when the son was found what else could they do? I know it ended with a possibility of the the mom then going missing and I am guessing that was just in case it was renewed.

Interesting theory of the FBI lady being part of Joe's followers. She started off on ATWT as Julia and was married to Jack and then all at once did "crazy". Everything I have seen her in since then she has played that type of part and I must say she does a great job of it. If that comes to pass I would not be surprised and have wondered myself since I first saw her come on the scene.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Ok, I was wrong, but I swear someone said "daddy". Maybe I need to get my hearing checked

I was right about Wes, though. I still think the lady FBI agent is in with Joe.

This show is one that you have to actually watch every second. If you are multi-tasking during the show, you are definitely going to miss something that means something. For example, the lady lawyer and why she was so willing to do Joe's bidding. They showed her missing fingers...so you know that at some point him or one of his followers had tortured her. I'm sure she was terrified of what would happen if she didn't follow his orders. It happened anyway, but she was trying to save herself. I totally get that.

These followers have nothing to lose, so that makes them 10 feet tall and bullet proof. They'll walk into a situation knowing they might not make it out. It's part of the cult mentality. Do as your told, no questions. So ambushing law enforcement surrounding a farm is just another day at the office.
    I am not going to remember this accurately but at one point Joe's lawyer tries to stop representing him (original trial) and (this is where I am unclear) someone comes to her office last at night to tell her she doesn't have an option at which point they show some large cutters. Next scene you see the close up of her fingers in current time.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

We really liked this show in the beginning, but both my husband and myself felt last night went too far. It does not seem to be such a great idea to get so desensitized to shows like this and Dexter. Last night felt like it was glorifying serial killers, and I think I might be done with this one. My 11 year old walked downstairs as soon as it was over because he couldn't sleep, and I was very nervous that he might have seen even 1 minute of the show!

That kill scene with the guy who was the follower of Claire and Joe was creepy and sick. It was almost as though both of them were climaxing. Very disturbing. This show is good but disturbing and at times it is a bit much for me. I am getting a bit annoyed by how it seems the FBI and law enforcement are so incompetent to the point it is unbelievable. I know it would be difficult with all the followers coming out of the woodwork, but it is ridiculous. Also, why is it they never have any backup? Why were only 2 people sent after a group of 7 or 8 people kidnapped the the computer guy in the FBI? They knew it by the survellance camera and they knew how dangerous they all were so why wasn't that place surrounded? Heck, when I got stopped for speeding yesterday, there were a couple of state trooper cars that joined the guy who stopped me just for my speeding ticket.

And apparently they had all the roads blocked leading away from the farm...?
    So are we to believe that local law enforcement agencies can set up better road blocks than these folks--and thats just to catch people who may be drinking and driving--than the fbi coordingating all local law enforcement including police, sheriffs dept AND state troopers? They can't manage to encompass a farm and the roads around it? Whatever.

+ Reply to Thread