+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree161Likes

Thread: The Following

Re: The Following

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    However, I do believe that our law allows criminals to have private conversations with their legal counsel. So Joe being able to be in the same room as her isn't that far-fetched.
    Hey, Mia. Yes, inmates are entitled to private conversations with their legal representation. That part isn't far-fetched at all. However, they are most definitely NOT entitled to private conversations with other visitors. They show Joe doing a lot of his "recruiting" and brain washing through his conversations with his visitors. In reality, those conversations would not have been private. And after Joe escaped and the FBI figured out the cult angle, every one of his visitors during his incarceration would have been identified and suspected to be part of the group. They all would have been examined and watched very closely.

I know this isn't real life, and I am usually very willing to buy into certain manipulations and inaccuracies for the sake of entertainment, but this is just too much of a stretch for me.

I do think Kevin Bacon is doing an outstanding acting job, so I will still tune in next week to see if it can grab me again.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

How did the wife get away from the man? I saw the FBI raid his place, he set off a smoke bomb, grabbed the wife and ran. The FBI looked through a door and said, "He's gone." And then they cut to commercial. Then at the end of the episode she was at the house. I went back and rewatched, but couldn't find anything different.

Quote Originally Posted by 2boysmom View Post
    How did the wife get away from the man? I saw the FBI raid his place, he set off a smoke bomb, grabbed the wife and ran. The FBI looked through a door and said, "He's gone." And then they cut to commercial. Then at the end of the episode she was at the house. I went back and rewatched, but couldn't find anything different.
    My hubby asked the same thing. I thought the FBI grabbed the wife, not the bad guy.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    DVR service isn't cheap for me. I don't have one. Still use my VCR if I have to absolutely see something. :p

This show isn't losing me. I thought the raid scene was well done and not non-sensical. I mean we knew that Emma had contacted someone called Roderick and was told to stay put. We are not meant to know the reach of Joe and his followers. Plus, we also can't know how many recruits his main followers have in play. That's the suspense. Joe probably has his main people who he directs. Then those people, like Emma and Roderick, control other followers in executing the plan.

I do not care for the lawyer. She is beyond weak. However, I do believe that our law allows criminals to have private conversations with their legal counsel. So Joe being able to be in the same room as her isn't that far-fetched.
    It's not losing me either. All of this is fast moving but does make some sense. I believe that the Cult guy who shot the swat guys at the south easy gate was Roderick ... and was also the one driving the truck that Hardy and the young FBI guy hi-jacked. I also suspect that that young FBI guy is one of Joe's guys. I have had that feeling all along. The local female officer's shot didn't even hurt him? Bullet proof vest? Possibly, but at that distance she would have shot him in the head or neck ... and was too close to miss.

I do have one question though ... when Charlie ... Mrs. Joe's follower filmed her in bed ... was she alone?

Quote Originally Posted by grapenuts View Post
    My hubby asked the same thing. I thought the FBI grabbed the wife, not the bad guy.
    That's what I thought and what sounds like the logical answer.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Love this show. But then again, I'll watch pretty much anything with Kevin Bacon in it, though.
    MiaT2 likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I'm pretty sure the bad guy grabbed her and ran. Oh well, I must have missed that.

I believe I saw the bad guy, Charlie, run off by himself. And I don't think we've seen Roderick yet, those two guys who killed the two swat members and then infiltrated the house to rescue Paul and Jacob said that Roderick sent them.

I also agree that Mike, the tech guy in the team (played By Shawn "Iceman from the X-Men movies" Ashmore), will likely be another cult member too. It's been stated that he knows a lot about Carroll and has studied up on him, so it's entirely possible that he's taken by the whole Carroll cult thing since even before joining the team and is Carroll's ultimate mole amongst the good guys.

Another issue of mine with this show besides the so many cult members being in the right place at the right time due to apparent years of planning beforehand and messages by Carroll in jail who knows how. The other issue that bothers me is that the show really goes out of its way to make the good guys look rather incompetent. Every single time that it seems the good guys will catch a break, something happens that makes the whole thing fall apart. They've managed to kill a few cult members, they rescued Megan (knowing the show, though, the cult could probably go back to try to kill her to tie up loose ends), they found a couple hideouts, but they always end up losing to the bad guys, usually because a new cult member surfaces. I understand that bad guys should win sometimes to keep the show going, but it gets to a point where it starts getting ridiculous.
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant View Post
    I believe I saw the bad guy, Charlie, run off by himself. And I don't think we've seen Roderick yet, those two guys who killed the two swat members and then infiltrated the house to rescue Paul and Jacob said that Roderick sent them.

I also agree that Mike, the tech guy in the team (played By Shawn "Iceman from the X-Men movies" Ashmore), will likely be another cult member too. It's been stated that he knows a lot about Carroll and has studied up on him, so it's entirely possible that he's taken by the whole Carroll cult thing since even before joining the team and is Carroll's ultimate mole amongst the good guys.

Another issue of mine with this show besides the so many cult members being in the right place at the right time due to apparent years of planning beforehand and messages by Carroll in jail who knows how. The other issue that bothers me is that the show really goes out of its way to make the good guys look rather incompetent. Every single time that it seems the good guys will catch a break, something happens that makes the whole thing fall apart. They've managed to kill a few cult members, they rescued Megan (knowing the show, though, the cult could probably go back to try to kill her to tie up loose ends), they found a couple hideouts, but they always end up losing to the bad guys, usually because a new cult member surfaces. I understand that bad guys should win sometimes to keep the show going, but it gets to a point where it starts getting ridiculous.
    Most serial killers go on killing for a long time because of unfortunate misses by the good guys.
    That's how they become "serial" killers.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Most serial killers go on killing for a long time because of unfortunate misses by the good guys.
    That's how they become "serial" killers.
    But usually the authorities don't know the identity of the serial killer like they do on this show.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

The show has been picked up for another season.

+ Reply to Thread