+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree161Likes

Thread: The Following

Re: The Following

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I think they said he is/was representing himself in his appeal and so he was entitled to access to the law library ... and it was computerized.
    Ah yes, that's ringing a bell. Him representing himself was probably just a front so he could have computer access to communicate with his followers. He clearly wants to be in jail so he can play his little game with Hardy otherwise, why would he orchestrate an escape from a maximum security facility only to be captured 2 days later.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    Really enjoyed the second episode...I'm hooked. I liked Purefoy's charisma coming out in this one, it makes the whole cult thing more believable.

So is the FBI woman in on it too? What was the deal with her giving him the Poe book?
    Ive been wondering that, too. She seems a little off.

I'm loving this show. A lot. I'm a huge Kevin fan and love his character. He was such a smart ass on tonight's episode.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Ive been wondering that, too. She seems a little off.

I'm loving this show. A lot. I'm a huge Kevin fan and love his character. He was such a smart ass on tonight's episode.
    Well, who wouldn't be off with her upbringing?! Creepy. It was very interesting to learn more about her past and also to see her try to psycho-analyze Emma.

I thought the raid scene was very good - to see more of the "followers" come out of the woodwork was really well done. Also, now that Emma has abandoned the two guys - I think Jake might turn if the other guy dies. I could see him going to the FBI because of Emma's betrayal.

The part with the wife and her follower was boring.

For me, Kevin Bacon's acting & charisma are what elevate this show above your standard tv fare. Then Purefoy is like the icing on top.
    Hyper likes this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.

This show is losing me fast. Great acting and all, but I'm getting sick and tired of so many cult members coming out of the woodwork and the contrived coincidences and how the main villain has so much control over so many people from inside a dang jail cell. It's getting ridiculous.
    mushybrain and Debb70 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant View Post
    This show is losing me fast. Great acting and all, but I'm getting sick and tired of so many cult members coming out of the woodwork and the contrived coincidences and how the main villain has so much control over so many people from inside a dang jail cell. It's getting ridiculous.
    I'm with you. I suspected that the girl cop or another cop was in on it, and I was OK with that, but then they threw in the other guys during the raid as well and they completely lost me. It really has become over-the-top nonsensical. It is even more laughable to believe that they allowed, and allow, Joe to have visitors without monitoring the conversations. I am disappointed.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

God, I freaking HATE Fox! For the umpeenth time, they've changed how they make episodes of their series available. Now they're not making new episodes available until 8 days after their air....unless, of course, I want to pay for Hulu+. No thanks, jerks. I already pay my cable company for access to Fox. I'm so annoyed. I am never home on Monday night and I can't afford DVR, so if I can't get it online of OnDemand, I don't watch. This just means I'll have to find the episode online some other way. Boo.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    God, I freaking HATE Fox! For the umpeenth time, they've changed how they make episodes of their series available. Now they're not making new episodes available until 8 days after their air....unless, of course, I want to pay for Hulu+. No thanks, jerks. I already pay my cable company for access to Fox. I'm so annoyed. I am never home on Monday night and I can't afford DVR, so if I can't get it online of OnDemand, I don't watch. This just means I'll have to find the episode online some other way. Boo.
    Won't your cable company provide you with a DVR? I thought most of them did for realitively cheap. I0'st usually is part of the service.

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    I'm with you. I suspected that the girl cop or another cop was in on it, and I was OK with that, but then they threw in the other guys during the raid as well and they completely lost me. It really has become over-the-top nonsensical. It is even more laughable to believe that they allowed, and allow, Joe to have visitors without monitoring the conversations. I am disappointed.
    Haven't they heard of getting a gag order on pending cases?

The show really had potential, but they have exhausted me too. I'm done with the over the top coincidences, failed attempts, and over the top rescues by the bad guys. I'm done. I can't take anymore. In fact, I don't care about them anymore. I may come by this thread to see how it all turns out in the finale. I wouldn't be surprised if this guy escapes again, has plastic surgery, assumes a new identify, runs for President, gets elected and turns everyone into walking dead zombies! I'm not kidding! lol

DVR service isn't cheap for me. I don't have one. Still use my VCR if I have to absolutely see something. :p

This show isn't losing me. I thought the raid scene was well done and not non-sensical. I mean we knew that Emma had contacted someone called Roderick and was told to stay put. We are not meant to know the reach of Joe and his followers. Plus, we also can't know how many recruits his main followers have in play. That's the suspense. Joe probably has his main people who he directs. Then those people, like Emma and Roderick, control other followers in executing the plan.

I do not care for the lawyer. She is beyond weak. However, I do believe that our law allows criminals to have private conversations with their legal counsel. So Joe being able to be in the same room as her isn't that far-fetched.
    waywyrd and Lil Bit like this.
    Women are Angels.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Won't your cable company provide you with a DVR? I thought most of them did for realitively cheap. I0'st usually is part of the service.
    I have Comcast. They'd be happy to provide me with a DVR if I pay a hefty monthly fee for it after a few months of it being free or cheap. I already pay them too much for cable and Internet. They're not getting any more.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread