+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree136Likes

Thread: The Following

Re: The Following

Episode 2 was just as good and I like that they are flushing out the characters.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Really enjoyed the second episode...I'm hooked. I liked Purefoy's charisma coming out in this one, it makes the whole cult thing more believable.

So is the FBI woman in on it too? What was the deal with her giving him the Poe book?
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    Really enjoyed the second episode...I'm hooked. I liked Purefoy's charisma coming out in this one, it makes the whole cult thing more believable.

So is the FBI woman in on it too? What was the deal with her giving him the Poe book?
    They have me hooked! I am starting to think everyone is in on it! The young FBI agent for example. I also get nervous every time I see a uniformed guard in the scene.

So ... thinking back ... when Parker (the FBI woman) showed up they said Mason was gone back to Quantico . Then Parker brings him the book and they both have inscrutable facial expressions ... so I'm wondering ... did they kill Mason and hide her in a wall somewhere?

Mohandas Gandhi

I am way behind & we watched the first episode last night. Like a lot of you, it was too much blood & gore for my taste! As soon as they walked in the guys house & showed the missing dog flyers, I closed my eyes & covered my ears & screamed at hubby to tell me when I could look. I knew it was going to upset me hardcore. I agree with whoever said up thread that real or fake, I can't take animal cruelty. Hubby fast forwarded & then told me when it was safe to look & uncover my ears. Still, after that, I did not want to watch last nights episode. Like someone else said upthread, too much diturbing stuff too close to bedtime! I made hubby watch two episodes of Rules of Engagement before we went to bed. And I took a Xanax. I was seriously bothered by what I saw ( and what I tried to avoid seeing).
    Is the second episode less gruesome? If its anything like the first, I'm out.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I have watched almost all of the first episode and am not sure I will continue to watch the rest and remaining episodes. The problem isn't the gore. I can take that with a good story. But, the problem for me is that I can't buy the story. It's too over the top. I admit I'm picky with details and logic. If the writers can't accomplish that, then I can't buy it.

Perhaps things will come together and explain why I don't buy the events as they are portrayed in the first episode. Do they explain it later? Do they explain why a person on death row is allowed to go with one guard to a public library? Unbelieveable. And why would the death row inmate chose to break out of a maxium security prison over one guard at a nonsecure library? Do they explain that later on?

And do they explain why the visits of the death row inmate were not recorded and reviewed? That would also be something that happend so they would have known about the lover, neighbors who took the woman doctor. Do they say why that wasn't done?

It seems too much like a cluster muck for me to tolerate. LOVE Kevin Bacon though. The acting seems wonderful.

^^^ I have to admit, I'd absolutely hate to watch TV like that. It is an ENTERTAINMENT medium, not a logic class.

Everyone has their own taste, however, for entertainment to entertain, the viewer has to buy it. If it's too preposterous to buy, then I'm bored or annoyed. I don't admire lazy writers and that's what they seem to have. I wish they weren't.

Debb - I look at it this way - if everything were explained in the first episode, then it wouldn't really be piquing my interest enough to keep watching. They are slowly revealing more backstory in each of the episodes. I think as each tidbit is uncovered, more of the whole concept will come into focus. This week we got much more info on the cult's internal dynamics as well as the initial relationship between Hardy and Carroll. Thematically, there was an overlying arc of deception and how you think you get a handle on someone when you meet them but then find you don't really know them at all.

And why would the death row inmate chose to break out of a maxium security prison over one guard at a nonsecure library?
    I think because the guard Jordy was a follower. I can't recall if Jordy was the guard who accompanied him to the library. They did mention why he was allowed to use the library computers but I can't remember the reason.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Okay. I can accept that theory. I may give it another shot.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    Debb - I look at it this way - if everything were explained in the first episode, then it wouldn't really be piquing my interest enough to keep watching. They are slowly revealing more backstory in each of the episodes. I think as each tidbit is uncovered, more of the whole concept will come into focus. This week we got much more info on the cult's internal dynamics as well as the initial relationship between Hardy and Carroll. Thematically, there was an overlying arc of deception and how you think you get a handle on someone when you meet them but then find you don't really know them at all.

I think because the guard Jordy was a follower. I can't recall if Jordy was the guard who accompanied him to the library. They did mention why he was allowed to use the library computers but I can't remember the reason.
    I think they said he is/was representing himself in his appeal and so he was entitled to access to the law library ... and it was computerized.

Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread