+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree161Likes

Thread: The Following

Re: The Following

I totally agree Cornholio....the thing I am most looking forward to is Emma's inevitable demise!! Honestly, I don't know if I'd rather have Claire do it...or Joe. Although in her sick, twisted mind, having Joe kill her might not be the ultimate betrayal I would envision. She'd probably just feel special What I'm curious about is the redhead...Ryan's follower and sometimes lover. Where is she in all of this, and how will she finally be revealed? And I'm no longer 100% convinced that Weston is innocent. So far none of the FBI have been outed as followers. It seems clear now the FBI lady is not part of the cult...so I wouldn't be shocked at all if Weston turns out to be the final last minute twist. The very fact that he's taken such a licking and keeps on ticking makes me wonder.
    Cornholio likes this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

LOl, Katydyd, I'm glad I'm not the only one looking forward to Emma's demise. You are sooooo right, Emma will just feel incredibly special if Joe kills her himself. I really, really, want Claire to do it. Fingers crossed!

It seems like Molly (the redhead) is going to pop up to serve her purpose of killing Ryan when the time is right. How incredibly creepy that she moved in next door to Ryan and started dating him years ago all because of Joe. You would think after Emma, Jacob, and Jacob's dead buddy having been planted so long ago that it wouldn't be shocking that Molly was planted by Joe. I'm not sure Ryan will figure this one out. Especially creepy that she seems to have a key to his place and can just go in there at will (shivers).

Wow, you still think there's a chance Weston is a Follower? That would defintely be a surprise twist. I hope not, I'm growing to like him.

The person I feel the worst for in all of this is Joey. How confusing and disturbing all of this would be for a kid. Poor boy will have some issues!

Can't wait until Monday's finale.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    LOL, true dat. Ryan will find the FBI lady! Fingers crossed...

The most despicable character on this show, to me, is Emma. She is just so nasty. I always find myself hoping that Claire will kill her! Yikes. (This coming from the person that has to cover her eyes for like 30% of each episode due to all the gruesomeness.)

And how about the poor young FBI guy who takes a licking and keeps on ticking? He is still alive, right? Initially I suspected he was part of the cult but not after all the abuse he's taken.

I can't imagine what season 2 will be like. In a way it reminds me of Damages, where every episode of season one was edge-of-your-seat drama but season 2 just didn't have the same edge. Here's hoping the Following writers come up with something great for S2!
    I don't like Emma. I really had hopes for her demise when Claire had her hands around her neck.

That would be quite a twist if Weston still turns out to be a follower. I wonder when his ex girlfriend Molly will come out of the woodwork to kill Ryan.
    bee stung lips likes this.

I hope for Emma's demise every episode. At this point I don't care who does it.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I can not believe they ended it like that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dang!
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

What I now find even more interesting is that so many of you here made such such good predictions for the finale and touched on next season.

I think Joe could be back ... somehow ... but Emma will be his "front-woman". She is also perfect as the new Joe, because she likes killing ... and so many people dislike her. ( Every time I saw her slender neck ... I thought ( hoped? ) someone was going to snap it.}

I knew that girlfriend whose name I can't remember was going to show up in a major capacity. Of the 3 ... in the final scene, I am pretty sure 2 of them will return and it has to be Ryan ... but I can't see season two as being only about revenge. Remember ... one of Joe's aims, and an underlying theme has bveen that people close to Ryan die. Losing Claire, would be his ruin.

I think that a written copy of the Final Chapter is going to show up!
    bee stung lips and Cornholio like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

That ending - what the hell???
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    That ending - what the hell???
    LOL! Exactly!

Sniff, sniff. I really thought they would find the FBI lady in time. I can't believe they killed her off after spending so much time on her backstory- I thought she was a central character.

I guess we wait until next season to find out if Claire and/or the Baconator survive the knife attacks by Molly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    LOL! Exactly!

Sniff, sniff. I really thought they would find the FBI lady in time. I can't believe they killed her off after spending so much time on her backstory- I thought she was a central character.

I guess we wait until next season to find out if Claire and/or the Baconator survive the knife attacks by Molly.
    Well we knew Molly was going to do her mission at some point. I am on the fence whether I want Claire to survive. I wish they had found the FBI lady in time. When he and weston looked at each other when the cult member was taunting them about her dying I thought for sure that grave was going to have a new person inside! It would have been more fitting than shooting him in the head.

Welll Emma survives. It will be interesting to see her role and how she takes over where Joe left off. But they need to leave the Poe stuff behind. I think that was the weakest part of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880 View Post
    Well we knew Molly was going to do her mission at some point. I am on the fence whether I want Claire to survive. I wish they had found the FBI lady in time. When he and weston looked at each other when the cult member was taunting them about her dying I thought for sure that grave was going to have a new person inside! It would have been more fitting than shooting him in the head.

Welll Emma survives. It will be interesting to see her role and how she takes over where Joe left off. But they need to leave the Poe stuff behind. I think that was the weakest part of the show.
    I think the reason the Poe stuff was "weak" is because most people barely remember the Poe they read in high school and can't readily tie it in until it's explained after the fact. A bunch of Poe's works had something to do with being buried alive ..."The Premature Burial" is one ... and I think at that time people feared being burred alive and I think Poe was one of them. So Joe had Parker buried alive. I think whoever is writing this is deeper into Poe than I ever cared to be.
    So that I can speculate and become involved .... I would appreciate it if it was a little more shallow.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread