+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree161Likes

Thread: The Following

Re: The Following

Finally got to watch the show - can totally see why people seemed upset with Claire. What a dummy. I know she wants her son back but getting into a car with people that kill people at the drop of a hat - not the smartest move.
    What is it with every cop FBI type show that no one ever stays where they are supposed to. He told her to stay somewhere and what does she do? Goes wandering outside looking for these people like she is suddenly a trained cop. It's like when they tell someone to stay in the car - yeah 2 secs later there they are getting out of the car.

Quote Originally Posted by march View Post
    Finally got to watch the show - can totally see why people seemed upset with Claire. What a dummy. I know she wants her son back but getting into a car with people that kill people at the drop of a hat - not the smartest move.
    What is it with every cop FBI type show that no one ever stays where they are supposed to. He told her to stay somewhere and what does she do? Goes wandering outside looking for these people like she is suddenly a trained cop. It's like when they tell someone to stay in the car - yeah 2 secs later there they are getting out of the car.
    Yes it was really dumb, especially since she was told they had already killed 2 people named Claire Mathews!

There are a couple of reasons she ran out there.... yes, to be with her son ... and he did say, "I'll take you to Joey".
    But more importantly it's to move the story forward. The viewing audience wants to see what happens if/when Claire and Joe are reunited.

I am predicting that at some point Claire will be faced with "choices" that require intimacy with Joe, giving up Ryan ... maybe telling her to kill him ... or lose little Joey

The best surprise for me was the appearance of Ryan's ex ... Molly ... as a follower !.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Augh! This show is so freaking scary! I have to make sure the house is secure with all the doors locks and shutters closed before putting it on. And then I still have to cover my eyes about 15% of the time...

Claire is in the nest of vipers now. And having Joe basically annouce that he is going to "condition" her to love him again. Gross! It was nice to see Joey and Claire reunite.

And Molly! How did I not realize that she was a Follower planted next door to Ryan? Oh my... looks like she will definitely try to kill him the next episode. But we know they can't kill off the Baconator.

Good episode but so many inaccuracies per my DH. In real life, they never would have sent Ryan and the woman in to do an "exploratory" in the sex shop. They would have just had the SWAT team burst in. But hey, I'm ok with some suspension of disbelief for the sake of entertainment!
    bee stung lips likes this.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    Augh! This show is so freaking scary! I have to make sure the house is secure with all the doors locks and shutters closed before putting it on. And then I still have to cover my eyes about 15% of the time...

Claire is in the nest of vipers now. And having Joe basically annouce that he is going to "condition" her to love him again. Gross! It was nice to see Joey and Claire reunite.

And Molly! How did I not realize that she was a Follower planted next door to Ryan? Oh my... looks like she will definitely try to kill him the next episode. But we know they can't kill off the Baconator.

Good episode but so many inaccuracies per my DH. In real life, they never would have sent Ryan and the woman in to do an "exploratory" in the sex shop. They would have just had the SWAT team burst in. But hey, I'm ok with some suspension of disbelief for the sake of entertainment!
    The whole Claire / Joe thing...I definitely believe she's going to "slip" back into loving him, as per his brainwashing. Should be interesting to see how all that comes about if I'm correct.

The growing tension between Roderick and Joe make it look like the power hungry and disenfranchised Roderick will try and break away from the group to start up his own "cult of followers", thus trying to lure some of Joe's followers with him...

The reunion with Claire and her son was very touching at the end.
    Cornholio likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    I don't watch it in the evening/at night. I DVR and watch it in broad daylight ... after locking up!
    Cornholio likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Bee Stung, I totally agree with you about Roderick struggling for power. Roderick may even go beyond just branching off and actually attempt to kill Joe. Joe has a very dangerous band of people around him, he's playing a dangerous game. I am always waiting for them to hurt each other since they like to hurt people so much.

Echo, LOL, I might have to start watching during the day too! This show scares me so much because I think sickos could watch it and get ideas from it. It would be awful if there were copycats.

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I happened to hear a radio critic/reviewer who said he was given Four(4) episodes and gave it great reviews ... said it was addictive.

So I decided to watch the on demand pilot/Ep1 and thought it was a great show.

I too am an animal lover and think it's interesting that we are all disturbed by the dog scene but not so much by all the dead people.

Even the young FBI agent told KB that the animal brutality disturbed him! In fact I think he said to KB that he can handle the dead people but not the dogs and KB gave him a look. I do believe that statement was in there as an effort to diffuse the impact of the animal cruelty.
    I think we react more strongly to violence against animals and children because they have no control, no say, no chance. They are totally at the mercy of the people who torture them. They are innocents. Pure.
    " I'm a Republican. I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure, not gay marriage."- Will Macavoy The Newsroom

I loved Claire getting up on Emma and threatening her. Little girl was a tad scared, eh? Next week looks really good. I want to see Joe flustered and nervous.
    waywyrd and Katydyd like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I thought there were a lot of good things about this episode. The confrontation between Joe & Ryan, the fight between Claire and Emma, the way that Claire was trying to sow the seeds of doubt?/something about Joe to Roderick, the appearance of Roderick to the crime scene as a helpful local sheriff and his face-to-face introduction to Ryan. We're seeing more of Joe's violent/psychotic side come out which is also interesting.

An amusing aside: there is a short video on People.com where James Purefoy explains his "6 degrees of separation" to Kevin Bacon a la the pop culture meme even though he's currently technically only 1 degree separated! It's cute.

ETA: And the best little tidbit that might get missed by most. Ryan kept the true story about his father's killer to himself. Telling not only because of what it was, but also of the fact that Ryan kept his wits enough to tell Joe a convincing story. Hmmmmmm......
    Last edited by MiaT2; 04-09-2013 at 03:51 PM.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Wow!! What an excellent episode tonight - easily the best so far! I was holding my breath through practically the whole thing, and there were so many surprises and finally some successes! I was thinking what an idiot Ryan was to trust Roderick...and then out from the trunk pops Weston and back-up. I figured Claire had to be up to something...but I still jumped. And Joe's unravelling...absolutely stellar. As for the last three seconds - OMG. I can't wait for the next episode. I am so glad I stuck with this!!
    MiaT2, Hyper and JavaJo like this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

+ Reply to Thread