+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree161Likes

Thread: The Following

Re: The Following

"Nevermore" , AZ ?

I did DVR tonight's episode and will decide.

I keep waiting for it to be extraordinary.

It got such wonderful reviews and has already been renewed!

Is it me ? I am just wondering if I'm stupid because I'm not picking up on some deeper Edgar Allen Poe references.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Hmm - it seems like there is a power struggle developing between Roderick and Emma. He has a major ego and she is beyond ruthless so it will be interesting to see this play out. I was sad to see Jake finally cave in - I was kind of hoping he would be saved. I am interested to see how that will change him and what will happen now that he's at the cult-house.

Also, this FBI power BS is annoying. I've never understood why all law enforcement agencies seem to get so bent out of shape about who's in charge, blah blah blah. It's like a big ol male p'sing contest all the time. So now the investigation is moving back to DC and the lead agent is going to do all he can to keep Hardy, Parker and probably Westin away even though they are the ones who actually make connections and progress. Yippeee.

My SO said the show makes that kind of thing look like it's "coo"l to do those things and there are too many crazys out there who could be influenced by it.
    Not any more than watching the news or many movies would.
    waywyrd likes this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

My SO said the show makes that kind of thing look like it's "cool" to do those things and there are too many crazys out there who could be influenced by it.
    Not any more than watching the news or many movies would.
    Some movies perhaps ... but I don't recall seeing orgasmic murder on the news.

I agree about the power struggle ... but I also thought that Roderick perhaps wanted to take over the cult from Joe! I think Roderick is a goner and Joe will get Emma to take him out.

I was sad about Jake too ... and Paul convinced him to do it because he "owed" him. I am again disturbed because Jake was made to feel that he was doing this for Paul, as a favor, and that it was a loving thing to smother him. Yikes. That's what I meant. There is this underlying theme of this throughout.

Mohandas Gandhi

I watched last night's episode today ... and really ... the reason this show is so addictive is all the complicated plot twists.
    See ? After I watched this episode ... I really want to see what is happening next time.

Mohandas Gandhi

I really cannot wait to see Joe put Roderick in his place.

And that thing with Molly - OMG!

I kind of liked seeing Emma get scared sh!tless.

Claire - while I know she did what she did because of her son and I know as a mom I would be out of my mind insane if my kids were missing, BUT she is getting sooooo annoying. On another website there is a description - TSTL - Too Stupid To Live. And after her antics in this last episode, that's all I can think about her now.
    Hyper and bee stung lips like this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

The Following

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    I really cannot wait to see Joe put Roderick in his place.

And that thing with Molly - OMG!

I kind of liked seeing Emma get scared sh!tless.

Claire - while I know she did what she did because of her son and I know as a mom I would be out of my mind insane if my kids were missing, BUT she is getting sooooo annoying. On another website there is a description - TSTL - Too Stupid To Live. And after her antics in this last episode, that's all I can think about her now.
    I'm addicted to his show and find it jaw-droppingly shocking at times. So many twists and turns. Can't believe the stupidity of Claire. How dumb can she be??

Can't stand Emma, and I don't know what all the men appear to see in her. Nonetheless I loved seeing her being put in her place.

The control Joe has over his followers is downright frightening in a David Koresh sort of way. I keep wondering how long until he starts impregnating all the women around him.

So surprised this show is on network television seems more of an FX or HBO type of show, but not at all surprised its on Fox. The likes of NBC et al would never have had the guys to give this show a go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

All that is why I have now become um ... re-addicted.

There are a few things that I found superfluous ... such as the multiple reappearances of (deceased) Paul, and I think it was a stretch to have the ghost bleeding when stabbed. I get that it was a dramatic story device ... to explain Jakes' transformation ... but I thought it was just too much ... too many. I am also not happy with Jake now as he put it, having a "taste for it". It feels wrong and phony to me. Jake was a "softy" and to see this sudden change seems unlikely at best . I would think this character would be more heartbroken than delusional and crazed.

I do want to see Roderick get his comeuppance. I still think he wants to be the leader ... taking over for Joe. He has been, after all, managing this cast of followers while Joe was absent. Typical workplace politics.
    bee stung lips likes this.

Mohandas Gandhi

Roderick creeps me out way more than Joe does. I guess it's because Joe is charismatic while Roderick is not. I can't wait to see what happens between those two, though. Should make for some interesting warfare.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I think Roderick was starting to think of them all as "his". He's delusional like they all are but his delusions are visions of grandeur that he is the great cult leader and that everyone is following him.
    Women are Angels.

Roderick is definitely creepy! All of the followers are though. You'd have to be in order to follow Joe they way that they do. Molly!! Where the heck did she come from? LOL Let's see, they placed their romance in 2009, 4 years ago. I can't wait to hear the reason that Joe put Molly in Ryan's life.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

+ Reply to Thread