+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Wendy Williams

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Re: Wendy Williams

I'm not a WW fan by any stretch of the imagination... and I don't often agree with her... but I do love and respect the fact that she owns her "stuff". Whatever "it" is, she is who she is, she owns it, she doesn't deny it, she doesn't try and sweeten it up or fluff it up... she is who she is and if ya don't like it, she's ok if ya move on to someone else.

The other day/night she openly admitted she is "the selfish friend". I'm not that way but I can understand how someone IS that way... I think it comes from a deep seated place of serious insecurity. But hey, she owns it and doesn't even attempt to deny it. For THAT, I give her props.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I just don't get that behavior. I could not tolerate such a controlling person in my life, and I don't understand it. Maybe that's why I never was interested in pledging anybody's sorority. I bounced among ALL of them, and totally enjoyed myself.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I get owning up to things like being a messy housekeeper, loud gum chewer, etc. But to brag that you can't tolerate anyone you introduce as a friend from communicating with another friend sounds very bizarre and paranoid to me. And I wouldn't be proud to consider one person better than the other because they are rich and more famous. People are equal, IMO. I think that attitude of George is up here and Stacy is down there....is sad. I bet she wouldn't ever want to be referred to as down there if she ever lost her tv show.

Perhaps, I haven't stayed away from Wendy long enough. I go back and immediately she's turning me off. I guess I'll take another break.

Oh wow - I didn't see it as a "George is up here and Stacy is down there". I didn't take it that way at all : We had a healthy discussion about it at work today during lunch and so many agreed with the rather territorial concept of if you're my friend before I married xyz person, if I get divorced I would expect you to still be my friend and not abandon me for xyz person's friendship

For me, it's just that she doesn't try to deny what she is... or isn't. Warts and all. She has no shame and I don't really see it as bragging she's just letting folks know what she's all about. I'd rather know a person like that - and make an informed decision - than be around someone who totally lies and/or denies their behavior.

Everyone is different though
    prhoshay likes this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

This morning, on Ask Wendy, the last woman to ask a question was complimented on her jeans by Wendy (she had gotten them for $2 at Goodwill) and asked to remove her long scarf and model her jeans while she talked. Welllllllllllllll......all was well until she turned to the front AND HAD THE CAMEL TOE!!!! I felt so badly for that woman!!! She didn't have a clue! My mouth was just hanging open. I hope somebody finally told her....I sure would have. I'd sure want somebody to tell me! But, then again, I also bought a full length, free-standing mirror for a reason!

Reuben Studdard was on the show today, and I don't know how much he's lost, but it is noticeable, and he's looking good with a marked determination to keep going. He really looked happy!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Oh Prhoshay, I have to watch it tonight now! LoL. Uhm... to see Ruben of course

When I see something like that happen to a person I wonder to myself "what? do you live alone? have no mirrors at all in your place? just don't bother to look? have no friends? what? what? what?" :

Reuben is working with David Foster now; he says his next album is strongly Luther Vandross-influenced. I miss Luther.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    This morning, on Ask Wendy, the last woman to ask a question was complimented on her jeans by Wendy (she had gotten them for $2 at Goodwill) and asked to remove her long scarf and model her jeans while she talked. Welllllllllllllll......all was well until she turned to the front AND HAD THE CAMEL TOE!!!! I felt so badly for that woman!!! She didn't have a clue! My mouth was just hanging open. I hope somebody finally told her....I sure would have. I'd sure want somebody to tell me! But, then again, I also bought a full length, free-standing mirror for a reason!

Reuben Studdard was on the show today, and I don't know how much he's lost, but it is noticeable, and he's looking good with a marked determination to keep going. He really looked happy!
    Prhoshay! It was baaaaaaaaad. And the pants were so high waisted. Throw back to the 80's. But the camel toe was the worst part. Ugh!

I didn't buy into Wendy's so-called "breakdown" about her 13 year old son not liking her anymore; I think the fake crying was pretty lame. They were discussing it on GMA this morning and they were bleeding sympathy and "poor hers". Her audience was just "ooooo-ing" and "awwww-ing", ad nauseum.....pooor Wendy. Gimmeabreak. I just have little tolerance for fake tears.

I think all mothers of sons go through it, but the reality is that YOU are female, and your child is a male, and he is going to want to pull away from you, as he should....and as you should hope he will. She wants to be his FRIEND....the "cool mom". That's stupid and not a good idea. I never wanted to be the "cool mom". I wanted my son out learning "guy-things" that I can't teach him since I'm not a guy....I can fine-hone that, as we go along. I was not/am not a fan of my son's dad, but he does have an advantage over with our son......HE IS A GUY. I did not begrudge him the time that he wanted to/needed to spend with his dad.....plus, it gave me a break for some Me-time.
    Debb70 likes this.

Wendy is always having trouble with lipstick on her teeth....eeewwww. Why do I not have that problem? I'm not complaining, but what are we doing differently. Wendy drives me crazy, always rubbing at her teeth with her finger.

+ Reply to Thread