+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Wendy Williams

Re: Wendy Williams

I wonder how she's going to like it if her son little Kevin starts drinking, doing drugs, etc., at age 15. She seems to like that kind of thing.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I wonder how she's going to like it if her son little Kevin starts drinking, doing drugs, etc., at age 15. She seems to like that kind of thing.
    I have not gotten that impression. Since she as a history of addiction I bet she will be ontop of her son with a very watchful eye.

I don't have to agree with her to enjoy the hot topics segment. She reminds everyone that it is just her opinion and don't clap if you don't agree. I like her.
    prhoshay likes this.

I used to like her as well. In fact, I still do like her, but when she never gives up an opportunity to applaud fake ID's for minors, minors drinking, drugging, etc. it makes me wonder why, especially with her past addiction.

Add that to how she disses her parents by telling them not to say anything when they are in the audience, even before they try to say anything. And how she's always telling young people what they do is none of their parents business and never seek their advice. Makes me think she's stuck in adolescence. and is still in rebellion. Most adults in their 40's realize that older people, especially your parents who love you, may have some wisdom to impart. She's very touchy about stuff like that. I think she protests a little too much.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I have fun with her hot topics, and then I can leave it alone since I am not into celebrities.

Deb I don't think you really hearing her right. What I hear is her recounting what HER childhood/adolescent experiences have been. What I also hear is her talking to her parents as an ADULT, and not relating to them as a child; I did the same thing with my mother, and I'm glad I did since we were not afforded the luxury of our relationship. We BOTH enjoyed it; while I told my mother a lot of things of which she was previously unaware, I (like Wendy) did not tell her EVERYTHING. She shared with me, too. We laughed a lot. I wouldn't trade what we had for anything in the world! I can't imagine remaining in a child's position for my entire life, after all, you are still learning and change is still happening.

Relax!
    Shoepie likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I get what you are saying, but to me she seems to accept dangerous and illegal behavior from teenagers, because she did it. Her argument seems to be that because she and a lot of other Jersey teens did it, then don't worry about it. I don't accept that philosophy. Maybe that's how people in Jersey justify things, but I don't buy her argument. She has also admitted to getting into some legal trouble as a teen and drug addiction, so I think her casual response to things like that for teens is inappropiate, IMO.

And when I talk about her attitude about parents, I'm referring mainly to her "Ask Wendy" segment at the end. If anyone mentions what a parent said, she jumps in quick to tell them to mind their own business. Don't listen to parents. You're your own person, etc. She won't even let them finish.

If a the adult child is 19 years old, it might be helpful if a parent informed that they might get a better interest rate at a credit union or bank, rather than putting it on a credit card. There are some pretty naive people out there. But, Wendy seems so intent to diss the parents, that she hates for anyone to seek parental advice. I've heard her say things like that a lot of the last couple of years. It's bizarre to me.

For now, I'll take a break and maybe Wendy can grow up a little. lol

FORT Fogey

I walk away with something very different when Wendy talks about parents to women in the audience. The questions are usually about parents sticking their nose in their childrens business where they don't belong. I have never heard her say to ignore parents when it comes to something serious or important. I heard her agree that one woman should dump her boyfriend, something her parents had been telling her to do.

I like how respectful she is to her audience. She really loves doing this show and opens her arms to fans. I also enjoy hearing her talk about the meals she makes and what she does in the evening and days off. She genuinely opens up her life for all to see without apology. I like that.

I don't like celebrity interviews on any show so I skip those. The Talk usually does a good job with a celeb guest but not always. When they are on to promote something they have to touch on that but otherwise they just join in the conversation. Marie Osmond is my favority guest. She is another one whose authenticity reins supreme.
    prhoshay likes this.

I think Wendy is just being real about what is going on out there. What I hear is her being real. There comes a point in time that you just don't necessarily want to hear from parents. People don't want to be preached or proselytized to; by making our mistakes is usually how we learn. It's not a matter of disrespect; it's more a matter of fact of life. Kids are not robots...they come with minds of their own. Actually, they will take in much more than we think, but we won't know that until some time down the road. It can come as a shock that they are actually listening. We start weeding out what we are going to listen to and what we aren't pretty early in life, too!

We all did it.....our parents did it, too......now, whether or not they will admit it is a whole different kettle of fish!
    Shoepie likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I guess we'll disagree on this issue with Wendy. I'll tune it later this year after giving it a break.
    Florimel likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I guess we'll disagree on this issue with Wendy. I'll tune it later this year after giving it a break.
    I get that. I have walked away from shows that just don't work for me to come back later. I like hearing different perspectives. I stopped watching The View for a long time. I don't dislike Jenny on The View as much as others do; I love the way she puts Barbara on edge. That is way different than liking her though!

Wendy had Porsha Stewart on her show today (RHOA), and she didn't come across like the super-sheltered idiot she does on the show. She actually seems to have matured! When Wendy asked if she had regrets about her marriage, she replied, "No regrets; only lessons learned." More of us should learn to see our situations that way! Nice way of claiming control.

+ Reply to Thread