+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Anderson Cooper

FORT Fogey

Anderson Cooper

I used to love this guy and his quirks. Now that he is doing a talk show he has exposed way too much of his neroses. His naviete on many topics seems strange for a grown man who travels the world. Like, what is the point of pickles on MacDonalds burgers? Come on, it is about taste and texsture when it comes to food. You don't know that Anderson?

His phobia with bare feet is mentioned constantly. Point taken. We get it, stop saying it.

Re: Anderson Cooper

I really haven't watched his show. Please tell me more about his pet peeves. Bare feet? Really? I know a few people like that.

I am curious as to what you are describing, because I have liked Anderson for a long time. I even have a photo of him up in my office. Odd, I know. but, he always seemed like a fun, regular kind of person. (I liked him before he came out.)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I really haven't watched his show. Please tell me more about his pet peeves. Bare feet? Really? I know a few people like that.

I am curious as to what you are describing, because I have liked Anderson for a long time. I even have a photo of him up in my office. Odd, I know. but, he always seemed like a fun, regular kind of person. (I liked him before he came out.)
    And he still is for the most part. Put it on your DVR and watch some. It is difficult to describe. He say's "what is the point" often. Too often and has a clueless way of being that has begun to grate on me. I still like him; I just wish his producers would try to moderate this a bit.

He asked Stacy London why the women on the red carpet always stood in awkward positions. She responed they were posing to show off their clothes and bodies in the best angle. He went on about this for a bit, not getting the point. I find it hard to swallow that he did not know this. I don't think it is an act but maybe he pushes it a bit?

FORT Fogey

Debb, here is a link to give you an idea of what I am talking about.

Anderson Cooper - Adult Picky Eater? - YouTube

It goes beyond food, as well.

Okay. I'll try to catch it next week. I have to record and squeeze a lot of stuff in on the weekends.

I do recall that he was on with Kelly Rippa once and he revealed that he was finally getting a new mattress. He said he had had the same one for MANY years. I think since teen years! It was shocking that he would admit to that. He said the mattress was fine and that he only got a new one after being told he needed too! I thought it was funny. Maybe the fact that he traveled so much and lived abroad has caused him to not pick up on many American ways.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Okay. I'll try to catch it next week. I have to record and squeeze a lot of stuff in on the weekends.

I do recall that he was on with Kelly Rippa once and he revealed that he was finally getting a new mattress. He said he had had the same one for MANY years. I think since teen years! It was shocking that he would admit to that. He said the mattress was fine and that he only got a new one after being told he needed too! I thought it was funny. Maybe the fact that he traveled so much and lived abroad has caused him to not pick up on many American ways.
    He hasn't been a news correspondant for that long.

He had not been washing his jeans either. He heard that washing them destroyed the integrity of the denim. He had been wearing the ones he had on for 6 weeks. They had them analyzed and they were a biohazzard! He admits to being cheap, thus the mattress.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 01-16-2013 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    He hasn't been a news correspondant for that long.

He had not been washing his jeans either. He heard that washing them destroyed the integrity of the denim. He had been wearing the ones he had on for 6 weeks. They had them analyzed and they were a biohazzard! He admits to being cheap, thus the mattress.
    He is odd, and his fascination with honey boo boo, even weirder.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

One thing about Anderson that I do like is that he is a fan of The Soup. I love that show too. For those not familiar, it makes fun of the week's crazy, bizarre and gross moments on tv for the previous week. Joel McHale is the hosts. It's not as funny as it used to be, but still.

FORT Fogey

I love that he likes Honey Boo Boo and The Soup. I find much of what he does endearing. He just goes overboard too much with the 'whats the point' stance on things he really should know about.

Fort Member

We don't get his talk show here but I do love 360 and it has become my only news show of late as I do Love Anderson, but he can get a little fake sometimes. I think like a lot of other hosts he occasionally falls into playing to what they think is the dumbest of the audience. It can be annoying when you know that he really can not possibly be that dumb but he must think his audience is so plays it that way. I don't see him do it often on 360 but he has done it and its a little fake and annoying
    But I still Love him

The Soup is my all time favourite show and Joel McHale is just brilliant so I can completely understand Anderson's love of it
    Shoepie likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast