+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Anderson Cooper

Re: Anderson Cooper

I watched the video in the link above. I get what you are saying. Maybe he is just too set in his ways. That's what people used to say about bachelors many years ago! lol If you weren't married by age 30, you were considered odd and too set in your ways to live with someone else or to change.

I can sort of understand where he is coming from though. It may not be good for his tv show, though. lol

I don't consider myself a picky eater, but I can sort of relate to Anderson in that I am not a person who likes extras with food. For example, I'm fine with a hamburger and no cheese. I never want extra sause or dressing. Just a little on the side is all I care for. I don't want a bunch of ingredients on my potatoes, but just one. I don't like much salt or ketchup either. And only a few crackers with my soup. No or little steak sauce for me. I'm not sure why I'm like that. I think it develops in childhood. HOWEVER, I'm not picky about what I will eat. I will eat just about any meat, fruit, vegetable, or grain. The only things I really don't like to eat are thousand island salad dressing and licorice. lol

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I watched the video in the link above. I get what you are saying. Maybe he is just too set in his ways. That's what people used to say about bachelors many years ago! lol If you weren't married by age 30, you were considered odd and too set in your ways to live with someone else or to change.

I can sort of understand where he is coming from though. It may not be good for his tv show, though. lol

I don't consider myself a picky eater, but I can sort of relate to Anderson in that I am not a person who likes extras with food. For example, I'm fine with a hamburger and no cheese. I never want extra sause or dressing. Just a little on the side is all I care for. I don't want a bunch of ingredients on my potatoes, but just one. I don't like much salt or ketchup either. And only a few crackers with my soup. No or little steak sauce for me. I'm not sure why I'm like that. I think it develops in childhood. HOWEVER, I'm not picky about what I will eat. I will eat just about any meat, fruit, vegetable, or grain. The only things I really don't like to eat are thousand island salad dressing and licorice. lol
    For me, it is less about his quirks than the constant focus on them, often redundant. No need to mention that "yesterday on the show" _______. He will go over something that he has said in detail. Now it is being obsessed with the flu.

Mentioning things once is fun and we get a glimpse of who he is but he beats a dead horse. I like the guy but his show would be more enjoyable if it were only punctuated with is obsessions amidst the content.

I enjoy him on 360. I thought his daytime show was cancelled .

I much prefer Jeff Probst. He had Valerie Harper on the other day, she is 70 odd and looks GREAT!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    For me, it is less about his quirks than the constant focus on them, often redundant. No need to mention that "yesterday on the show" _______. He will go over something that he has said in detail. Now it is being obsessed with the flu.

Mentioning things once is fun and we get a glimpse of who he is but he beats a dead horse. I like the guy but his show would be more enjoyable if it were only punctuated with is obsessions amidst the content.
    I get it.

FORT Fogey

He is showing the picture of the man's bare "Hobbit feet" he took on the plane AGAIN!! Enough. This has been going on for weeks.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Did anyone watch today? I almost peed my pants when Anderson was demonstrating the Hawaii Chair. OMG!

Who is this Willy Geist? They were hilarious together. He would have made a great co host.

Anderson's obsession with the IKEA monkey still cracks me up!
    cablejockey likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Click to see Spoiler:
    This show should NOT have been cancelled. There are so many crappy daytime talk shows that continue on and on and on, and yet someone as fabulous as Anderson Cooper can't pull in enough ratings to stay on the air. It's so sad. More evidence that in so many ways, tv plays to the lowest common denominator of the US public.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    Did anyone watch today? I almost peed my pants when Anderson was demonstrating the Hawaii Chair. OMG!

Who is this Willy Geist? They were hilarious together. He would have made a great co host.

Anderson's obsession with the IKEA monkey still cracks me up!
    That chair was the funniest thing I've seen in weeks on tv! And I think Willy is on NBC news. He was very funny, I want to see more of him!
    TMI, Willie! Geist makes Al and Natalie blush, causes blackout - allDAY
    JunkieGirl likes this.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
    That chair was the funniest thing I've seen in weeks on tv! And I think Willy is on NBC news. He was very funny, I want to see more of him!
    TMI, Willie! Geist makes Al and Natalie blush, causes blackout - allDAY
    Haha! "I am Willy Geist and I'm very subtle" Too bad I don't watch the Today show anymore. He is very funny and charming.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

I'm not sure what must have happened to Willy Geist, but apparently, he got a personality transplant. I remember Willy from Morning Joe. It's a morning, political talk show on MSNBC. Willy was on that show for a couple of years. I found him to be almost as boring as watching paint dry. Good to know he's developed some humor.

This is not a spoiler, so I won't put it in spoiler quotes, but I heard that Willy, since he has been guesting on The Today Show is being considered as the replacement for Matt Laurer on The Today Show. AND I also heard that Anderson Cooper also being considered. They need a big change and these younger guys could be the right move. Maybe they will let Matt and Savanah go and replace them with Willy and Anderson. Not a bad idea, IMO.
    JunkieGirl likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast