+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: The Carrie Diaries--CW's prequel to Sex & the City

The Carrie Diaries--CW's prequel to Sex & the City

I had every intention of NOT watching because I thought it would be a poor rip-off of one of my all-time favorite shows but it was surprisingly sweet and interesting--not overly cliche or copy-catish.

I think I'm going to give it a chance

FORT Fogey

Re: The Carrie Diaries--CW's prequel to Sex & the City

I liked it too. I did turn it on bcasue I had a lull in preferred programs....waiting for The Next Cake Boss. I am glad that I do have now to add to the rotation. It certainly could stand by itself and not be associated with SATC, but since it is CB's, it is Carrie.

FORT Regular

loved it!!

I read both of the Carrie Diaries books. I think thre may be another at some point. I don't know if I am going to watch the show

Because of my love of Sex and the City, I couldn't not check this out.

I didn't entirely hate it. In fact I will check out a few more episodes, if only because the attention to 80s period detail wasn't awful.

This may be the first CW show I watch regularly since Buffy.
    Miss_Griss likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

I loved Sex and the City and still watch the reruns. Does this show do a decent job of relating young Carrie to the Carrie we know and love, or is she just a teenager with long curly hair who happens to like fashion? I haven't felt motivated to watch it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I loved Sex and the City and still watch the reruns. Does this show do a decent job of relating young Carrie to the Carrie we know and love, or is she just a teenager with long curly hair who happens to like fashion? I haven't felt motivated to watch it yet.
    You'll just have to watch and decide for yourself
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    You'll just have to watch and decide for yourself
    Thanks, but I don't feel particularly motivated by that. LOL When I saw clips and previews, she just didn't seem Carrie-ish to me. Maybe it's not fair to say because I haven't seen it, but it just seems like something trying to take advantage of the SATC lovefest, but really has nothing to do with it or Carrie, other than the hair and the name and some clothes shopping. I wish they'd come out with another SATC movie. Loved the first, the second was sort of meh (wanted them to stay in NYC) other than the very beginning and the very end.

FORT Fogey

I found it quite charming! I was willing to give it shot when I saw that Candace Bushnell was the writer. Glad that I did. I also love Freema Agyeman of Dr. Who fame, so it was fun to see her in action too.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

After reading all your reviews, I think I'm going to give it a try. It sounds like it is good.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast