+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: The Carrie Diaries--CW's prequel to Sex & the City

Re: The Carrie Diaries--CW's prequel to Sex & the City

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I loved Sex and the City and still watch the reruns. Does this show do a decent job of relating young Carrie to the Carrie we know and love, or is she just a teenager with long curly hair who happens to like fashion? I haven't felt motivated to watch it yet.
    SATC got me through my divorce! I figured if the ladies could withstand break ups, so could I. And I met my own Harry
    www, bee stung lips and AlwaysVeg like this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I like it, the acting isn't the greatest though.

I watched some of it last night and liked it. I like Carrie's narration as it reminds me so much of SATC. I might watch it again.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I was going into this prepared to dislike it, but I found it rather charming. There were a few strong players, but overall there was some weak acting. I did notice improvement in episode 2 and hope it continues. Sometimes the jumps among plots is jarring. I'm hoping that evens out.

I'll keep watching and hope it doesn't go the way of the Dodo bird.

FORT Regular

I am loving this show! The Carrie actress looks like my niece, but unfortunately my niece is 14 and I think this show is too mature for her to watch! :-) The show is great on its own I think - even if it doesn't perfectly align to Carrie in SATC.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I like the show. It doesn't totally satisfy my Sex and the City cravings, but I do enjoy Carrie's narration and the other homages to Sex and the City. And AnnaSophia Robb is very charming as Carrie -- although she is much less quirky and off-beat than Candace Bushnell described the teenage Carrie to be. And I have to give props to Austin Butler for his hotness as Carrie's heart throb, Sabastian. BUT I have to say, Sabastian doesn't hold a candle to Jared Leto who was the sizzling and gorgeous Jordan Catalano of My So-Called Life!

I have to say, Sebastian looks SO young to me. He makes me feel really old in a way Jared Leto never did....maybe that's because JL was quite a few years older than the character he played back then

I'm enjoying the show so far although it's not must-see viewing yet. It's cute and I like AnnaSophia. Hard to see her as Carrie though since we all know what SJP looked like as a teen. Obviously, they're casting for an alternate universe!

While I grew up in the 80's and am just a few years younger than Carrie was supposed to be in the original show, the depiction of the 80's seems off to me. Can't put my finger on it.

Oh, and how the hell do you shoplift a hamster!? That was lame.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I have to say, Sebastian looks SO young to me. He makes me feel really old in a way Jared Leto never did....maybe that's because JL was quite a few years older than the character he played back then

I'm enjoying the show so far although it's not must-see viewing yet. It's cute and I like AnnaSophia. Hard to see her as Carrie though since we all know what SJP looked like as a teen. Obviously, they're casting for an alternate universe!

While I grew up in the 80's and am just a few years younger than Carrie was supposed to be in the original show, the depiction of the 80's seems off to me. Can't put my finger on it.

Oh, and how the hell do you shoplift a hamster!? That was lame.
    I agree! I read somewhere that they are trying to avoid being camp in recreating the 80s, but they've restrained themselves so much that it's hard to even remember that it's set in the 80s until I see her nemesis's hair.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12