+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: 2013 Golden Globe Awards

Re: 2013 Golden Globe Awards

I was so happy for Ben and Argo!

Jodi on the other hand I was actually embarrassed for her because she was rambling and talking almost like in some code that none of us understood. Ugh. Lovely words to her ex but at the same time it was words to an ex??? Did she say we would never see her on a stage again and then end her speech by saying 'here's to 50 more years'? That was also confusing. And the words to her mom; has her mom passed or is she about to? That was also confusing.

I don't have HBO so the young lady that won for 'Girls' .... ugh her dress fit her terribly esp the top. Also she could barely walk almost as though her shoes were 3 sizes too small.

Jessica Chastain, I thought looked wonderful, dress and hair!

Oh a few other thoughts, Kristin Wiig and Will Farrell, dumb.

Adele.....I just love her!

Daniel Day Lewis, awesome!

And I thought Tina and Amy were great!
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Jodi on the other hand I was actually embarrassed for her because she was rambling and talking almost like in some code that none of us understood. Ugh. Lovely words to her ex but at the same time it was words to an ex??? Did she say we would never see her on a stage again and then end her speech by saying 'here's to 50 more years'? That was also confusing. And the words to her mom; has her mom passed or is she about to? That was also confusing.
    Jodie is 50. Her mother suffers from demetia.

Not sure where you got the thing about her not appearing on a stage any more. I just took it to mean that she is going to do things she wants to do. She clearly doesn't need to work.

I thought it was nice (and mature - imagine that) that she was so kind toward her former partner. They were together for a long time and co-parented children together.
    TripleGemini likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

I thought the idea behind Jodie's speech, that actors should be able to and should just act and not have to sell their personal lives, was great. She wrote a piece after the whole Kristen Stewart Robert Pattinson mess last year about respecting privacy in Hollywood which made it clear its something she is passionate about. What I don't think Jodie gets is that some actors sell their personal lives because they don't have a sliver of the talent that Jodies does. But I thought the delivery of Jodie's speech was a mess. Since she knew she would be up there, and knew what she wanted to say, I think it would have really helped if she had prepared the speech a bit better so it would have come across more clearly instead of coming across like she didn't expect to be up there, but had something she wanted to say while she was there.
    Shoepie likes this.

I was so happy for Ben and Argo, how dare the Oscars snub him!

Daniel Day Lewis winning was well deserved
    Jodi was rambling on for me, it was awkward. I have ever understood her friendship with Mel Gibson either.

Loved Adele

I admit to nodding off. I didnt like the two host
    Florimel likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I also loved Tina and Amy's line to Taylor Swift about leaving Michael J. Fox's done alone. Prefect. Someone also needs to tell that girl not to have stank face after losing. She was not amused when Adele was up there.

And Jennifer Garner thanking the people her husband forgot, mainly George Clooney was funny. I always forget he was a producer for the movie.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

2013 Golden Globe Awards

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post

She also was a slight airhead type character in "The Help." - most people will remember her from this one.
    You're right. I most remember her for that role. She received Golden Globe and Oscar noms.

I forgot MY Hugh Jackman!! an Anne Hathaway. Well done
    -Andy Rooney-

I thought the show was pretty good last night. Tina and Amy were so freaking funny. Very good hosts!

Glad to see Argo win some awards. I really thought Lincoln would have gotten more than they did, but nice to see Daniel Day Lewis win. Jodi Foster... what? LOL She was very puzzling last night. I can't believe she would be nervous, but that's how she came across. Not too coherent, which is too bad, because her overall message about privacy was kind of lost in all the rambling. I did tear up when she talked about her mom though. Good night in all.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by umngirl View Post
    I also loved Tina and Amy's line to Taylor Swift about leaving Michael J. Fox's done alone. Prefect. Someone also needs to tell that girl not to have stank face after losing. She was not amused when Adele was up there.

And Jennifer Garner thanking the people her husband forgot, mainly George Clooney was funny. I always forget he was a producer for the movie.
    And this should say Michael J. Fox's son not done. Stupid iPhone keypad.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

Quote Originally Posted by umngirl View Post
    And this should say Michael J. Fox's son not done. Stupid iPhone keypad.
    I knew what you meant Boy does he look like his dad!
    mesachick likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast