+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: 2013 Golden Globe Awards

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Re: 2013 Golden Globe Awards

I stuck through the first season of Girls and didn't enjoy it one bit. I thought it was completely unreal...until last Thursday when I spent the afternoon volunteering with 2 gals in the 22 to 24 age group. Life is apparently quite changed from when I was that age or I was just terribly boring (the latter being very likely).

Every time the director of Les Miz pops up on the screen I think it's that guy who plays Stevie (Steve Little) on Eastbound and Down.

for Hugh Jackman! With DDL in play this season, Hugh probably won't win the Oscar, so it's nice that he's winning the GG.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    I stuck through the first season of Girls and didn't enjoy it one bit. I thought it was completely unreal...until last Thursday when I spent the afternoon volunteering with 2 gals in the 22 to 24 age group. Life is apparently quite changed from when I was that age or I was just terribly boring (the latter being very likely).

Every time the director of Les Miz pops up on the screen I think it's that guy who plays Stevie (Steve Little) on Eastbound and Down.
    As someone in that 22-24 age group, I really love Girls. Sure some of it is quite different from my life, but it's more about the journey you go through. All the mistakes, all the bad boyfriends, all the bad decisions, all the terrible jobs, etc. are all part of growing up.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

2013 Golden Globe Awards

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    for Hugh Jackman! With DDL in play this season, Hugh probably won't win the Oscar, so it's nice that he's winning the GG.
    Having just seeing Les Miserables today, I am so happy he won. I would love to split the Oscar in 4 this year as DDL, Denzel, Bradley and Hugh are all fantastic.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

2013 Golden Globe Awards

I don't know who Jessica Chastain is, but may I say - what a ridiculous dress, paired with the worst hair ever.
    beerbelly likes this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

BEST ACTOR: DRAMA - Daniel Day-Lewis, "Lincoln"

BEST PICTURE: DRAMA - "Argo"
    Last edited by Cootie; 01-13-2013 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    I don't know who Jessica Chastain is, but may I say - what a ridiculous dress, paired with the worst hair ever.
    Really, when I do an interview outfit I will ask strangers what they think. Did no one say anything to that color and saggy bosom?
    Uncle David and TripleGemini like this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Jessica Chastain totally deserved the win. The Zero Dark Thirty screenplay writer deserved to win as well. I can't think of the last time when the main character of a film was a woman who (a) didn't need to be physically rescued at any point and (b) didn't require a love interest. It's still funny to me that she was up against Helen Mirren since they shared a character in last year's excellent "The Debt".

Argo!! Wow, so happy for that suprise
    momrek06 likes this.
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

Argo takes the big win; at least Bryan Cranston got on the stage once is all I could think.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast