+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Deception

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Deception

Didn't see a thread for this show...it starts tonight. I plan to watch...looks interesting. Victor Garber, Meagan Goode and Tate Donovan are a few actors in it, that I'm familiar with.
    Last edited by bee stung lips; 01-07-2013 at 02:02 PM.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Re: Deception

I think I watched an episode of this show, because the name looks familiar, but I can't recall what it was about! lol Too much going on lately. I'll have to check it out and make sure I've seen it.

I want to start watching more dramas and less reality tv....if that's possible. lol

OH YES! It starts tonight, but they had the premire episode available ON DEMAND last week. It was VERY good. I like the cast and the writing isn't bad.

It's about a woman, who is a cop, who goes undercover into the home of a friend from her teen years who was found murdered. She is welcomed in by this rich family to get to the bottom of it. I guess the entire season is going to be about that same case.

It reminds me a little of Scandal in the style of the show and the star. I may have to watch this On Demand though, due to a conflict on time.
    Last edited by Debb70; 01-07-2013 at 02:11 PM.

I should have mentioned it'll be on NBC.

I'll either be watching or DVR'ing the pilot for sure. Victor Garber is enough to draw me in.

My problem (or one of my problems) with NBC is why they choose to schedule shows with real possibilities up again both Castle and Hawaii 5-0, especially since NBC is so weak for most of the rest of the week.
    Last edited by Florimel; 01-07-2013 at 06:37 PM.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fogey

Loved the pilot! Great setup so we can get into the story right away. Nice to see Meagan Good, Laz Alonzo, Victor Garber, Tate Donovan, and Wes Brown in the cast. I watch Castle and Hawaii 5-0 on demand, so I can catch all three shows easily.
    bee stung lips and Debb70 like this.

Didn't get to see it yet. My local channel that will be airing it, aired The Good Wife in it's place, with a liner at the end of the screen stating that Deception was delivered to the channel late at that would be aired at 12:00 am instead, so knowing I'd be sound asleep by then, I recorded it. Will watch it tonight and am looking forward to it.

I liked this one a lot too I was really looking forward to it, but then the reviews that came out weren't very good. One called it slow and plodding....I didn't find that at all! I liked the cast, and I thought there were plenty of story threads going on to keep things interesting. And thank goodness they revealed the Mia "twist" at the end of episode one, because I saw that coming a mile away. If they had drawn that secret out for any length of time when it was so obvious, it wouldn't bode well for what other "jaw dropping reveals" might be coming our way It was fun seeing Bree Williamson (OLTL) as Vivian too. She was listed early in the credits, so I hope we'll be seeing more of her in flashback. I hope this one sticks around long enough to make it to the end of the season so we find out who killed her and why!
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

FORT Regular

Just watched this from DVRing last night. Thought it was a GREAT first episode and definitely had enough to draw you in. The Season Pass is set. Interestingly though this is the same time slot as Revolution on the same channel, so is this a filler show until that comes back? But then what happens to THIS show? I actually like both! Guess we'll see, but for now I'm definitely on board for the next episode!

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I'll either be watching or DVR'ing the pilot for sure. Victor Garber is enough to draw me in.

My problem (or one of my problems) with NBC is why they choose to schedule shows with real possibilities up again both Castle and Hawaii 5-0, especially since NBC is so weak for most of the rest of the week.
    If I'm not mistaken, NBC is actually the #1 network so far this year.

Quote Originally Posted by www View Post
    Just watched this from DVRing last night. Thought it was a GREAT first episode and definitely had enough to draw you in. The Season Pass is set. Interestingly though this is the same time slot as Revolution on the same channel, so is this a filler show until that comes back? But then what happens to THIS show? I actually like both! Guess we'll see, but for now I'm definitely on board for the next episode!
    Revolution isn't scheduled back until March.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast