+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Deception

FORT Fan

Re: Deception

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    OH, it was Edward's wife that was shot in the elevator. I still have lots of questions though. It looked like the killer was standing in the dark watching Edward get into the elevator and then when the door opens, he shoots thinking it is Edward in there, but it's not, it's the woman, however, how does that make sense? Edward was at the Senator's office. He took that golf club to him. Why would Edward's wife have been in that building with her luggage? She didn't know Edward would be there. I'm wondering if she was in a different building and that shot showing Edward in the elevator was just to confuse us. Makes no sense.

Upthread it's posted that she's shot in their home. How could you tell? It looked like an office building to me. That would make sense though. Who would even know she was returning? Maybe her murder will be the next mystery, assuming it's not the same one who killed Vivian.

I really hope they don't pin this on the Senator. His daughter has gone through too much already. To learn her creepy dad murdered her real mom is just too horrific for 16 year-old to have to deal with. I hope they have some mercy.
    That's exactly right...it was to confuse us. They showed Edward going into a building and a thug with a gun waiting inside an apartment to make us think it was the same place. But Edward was at Haverstock's office, and it was his wife entering their apartment. They showed a little of the apartment when they showed us the thug walking around in the dark. There was an aquarium that they showed earlier when Edward was there, and a little of the other background that made me realize it was Edward's apartment.
    Debb70 likes this.

I really need to watch this week's episode again! I was totally distracted doing other things and I obviously missed A LOT!
    bee stung lips likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

So even though they implied that we would know who killed Vivian last night and IMPLIED that it was Robert we never actually saw him murder her...

This has turned into one of my favorite shows and I hope it stays around!

I think it would be interesting if the finaled revealed that Vivian killed herself or the entire family did it, it would be terribly disappointing if it ended up being a simple "accident" that Robert just covered up or his little gardner/henchman did it.
    bee stung lips likes this.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Very interesting point, Mindy.

What a great season finale! So many twists and turns! Just when you thought you'd figured it all out, they introduce another sub-plot. However, it did leave us hanging so I'm praying there's a season 2.

Joanna's mother, inadvertently spilling the news to Julian that Robert had something to do with Julian's mother's death...uh-oh. Lots of questions there as we don't know the details of how Beverley became intertwined with the incident. This accusation is going to change EVERYTHING in regards to Julian and his relationship with his father. Just last week he mentioned how relieved he was to be able to trust his father again or something to that effect....

Poor Edward having to pull the plug on his wife and let her go. I feel for him. So weird how when this series debuted way back in January, Edward looked like the scum of the earth and looked to be a shoe-in for murdering his sister, but now that's all changed and for the most part, he's become a sypathatic character. On the other hand, he confused me something terrible when he refused to identify the hitman in the line up, but it all came clear later on as to why. He wanted to exact his own punishment and revenge on him. Makes perfect sense.

Haverstock is another character who went from looking super sleezy earlier on to looking somewhat sympathetic as the season wore on. Although not really, considering he took advantage of a sixteen year old girl, getting her pregnant. He's equally as dispicable as Robert for some of the things he's apparently done. And according to him he's got the entire senate in his back pocket, so it'll be hard to rat him out and prevent him from making gains in his political career.

The way the show ended, left things very open-ended. Robert creeps me out with his unflinching glare. Victor Garber is such an incredible actor. He gives intensity a whole new name. The way things ended with him telling Joanna to sit beside him and them playing a game of conversational one-upsmanship shows there is still a lot to be explored in that story line.

Things ended with Joanna and Julian "happy" together, leaving me very satisfied in that regard.

Anyway, I will miss my Monday night Deception fix. I've heard to word of the show's cancellation as yet and the season finale did seem to offer hope in the way of the show returning. Given that the show is called Deception, regardless of whether Vivian's murder is solved or not, there are plenty of possible story lines to explore.
    mindy384 likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I'm afraid I was disappointed in the finale. I really wanted them to reveal the killer, even if for the viewers only. Let the police keep working, but the viewers should have been let in, IMO. I think they are pushing it too far.

I found the story amusing and the characters interesting. The tangles can get only so deep, before you need some revelation, IMO.

I still haven't given up on Vivian's therapist or Julian as the killers. Now, I don't trust the show so, I won't care as much about it. By the time the new season comes around, I may not care enough to watch another season of hunting down the killer. Reminds of the THe KIlling, which did about the same thing in their first season. That show was so terrible that I did not return for more in season two.

And if the show is cancelled, we will never know who the killer was. (I don't believe it was her dad.) I don't like that.

Oh, I say it's probably Robert. And if there's a season two, I'm fully prepared to see Julian and Joanna teaming up to prove he did it. Of course, given the nature of this show, I'd be expecting another unexpected plot twist just when we think we've got it all figured out.

You may be right, but it seemed like they were just laying it out on a platter that it was Robert. That makes me now doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    You may be right, but it seemed like they were just laying it out on a platter that it was Robert. That makes me now doubt it.
    I remember a couple of episodes ago and Julian and Joanna were cuddling on the bed together and Julian pointedly said something to the effect of, thank God I can trust my father again....I was beginning to wonder who he was", or something like that. It was in one of the last scenes before the end of the episode and I knew right then and there it was foreshadowing something huge happening between Julian and Robert. Robert murdering his mother fits right into that.

FORT Fan

I really really really hope this show gets renewed. I s'pose the chances aren't too good, but my fingers are crossed.

love this show and hope it gets renewed . . .

1. Why wouldn't Edward's wife's family/parents/daughters be there when he pulled the plug?

2. How could Robert be completely unaware of his wife's arrest after the scuffle with Wyatt at the store? There's no way that gossip wouldn't get to him.

+ Reply to Thread