+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Deception

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Re: Deception

So Joanna's mother was involved in Robert's first wife's death??? From what Robert said to her, he implied that she killed her. He's now threatening to make it known to everyone that she was involved in his wife's death if she doesn't tell him what Joanna is doing in town...uh-oh...

Will fire's Joanna because he's jealous over Joanna and Julian's "relationship"? I'm surprised Joanna would come right out and tell Will she slept with Julian.

Wyatt's is now out of jail, thanks to Haverstock...shows up at restaurant where Sophia and Mia are having lunch. Sophia sneaks off to the rest room with him and they have a quickie??? Sophia confesses to him that she once loved him very deeply. No surprise there, and frankly, from the way she acts around him, she's obviously still deeply in love with him.

The episode also seemed to imply that Edward didn't actually kill that other girl since nor his finger prints or human blood was on the bat. It was animal blood. Haverstock set that whole thing up. The sh*t's definitely going to hit the fan when Robert finds out that Haverstock tricked him into thinking the bat he gave him was the "smoking gun", so-to-speak.

Joanna and Julian all wrapped up with each other at the end of the show, acting all lovey-dovey with each other. Julian states he's glad he's glad he can finally trust his father again...EEK! No, Julian...don't trust him!

If I'm not mistaken there's only one or two more episodes left of this show. Probably more like one episode, rather than two. Being that this is NBC we're talking about here. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they end this season, leaving things hanging, and then just not bother bringing it back for a season 2. We've seen this happen on NBC before...Lipstick Jungle, anyone?
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I tried to watch as much of this show as possible last night. I must have missed a little though.

Don't they really need to solve the murder of Vivian though? I think they will in the finale.

Did you recoginze who the lady playing Johanna's mother is? She used to play a captain on Law & Order. (Epatha Merkerson)

Johanna is getting this weird vibe. What is it?

Deception

I was so happy to see S. Epatha Merkerson. She's an amazing actress.

I wonder if the ratings have picked up. I kinda like this show. But if it does continue, where will they go if they solve Vivian's murder?

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    So Joanna's mother was involved in Robert's first wife's death??? From what Robert said to her, he implied that she killed her. He's now threatening to make it known to everyone that she was involved in his wife's death if she doesn't tell him what Joanna is doing in town...uh-oh...

Will fire's Joanna because he's jealous over Joanna and Julian's "relationship"? I'm surprised Joanna would come right out and tell Will she slept with Julian.

Wyatt's is now out of jail, thanks to Haverstock...shows up at restaurant where Sophia and Mia are having lunch. Sophia sneaks off to the rest room with him and they have a quickie??? Sophia confesses to him that she once loved him very deeply. No surprise there, and frankly, from the way she acts around him, she's obviously still deeply in love with him.

The episode also seemed to imply that Edward didn't actually kill that other girl since nor his finger prints or human blood was on the bat. It was animal blood. Haverstock set that whole thing up. The sh*t's definitely going to hit the fan when Robert finds out that Haverstock tricked him into thinking the bat he gave him was the "smoking gun", so-to-speak.

Joanna and Julian all wrapped up with each other at the end of the show, acting all lovey-dovey with each other. Julian states he's glad he's glad he can finally trust his father again...EEK! No, Julian...don't trust him!

If I'm not mistaken there's only one or two more episodes left of this show. Probably more like one episode, rather than two. Being that this is NBC we're talking about here. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they end this season, leaving things hanging, and then just not bother bringing it back for a season 2. We've seen this happen on NBC before...Lipstick Jungle, anyone?
    I agree Bee Stung Lips and it is so frustrating to get invested in a show and then have them cancel it. It has happened so many times and I don't know why the networks are doing this so quickly. NBC is probably the worst for doing that, but other networks as well.
    bee stung lips likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    I agree Bee Stung Lips and it is so frustrating to get invested in a show and then have them cancel it. It has happened so many times and I don't know why the networks are doing this so quickly. NBC is probably the worst for doing that, but other networks as well.
    NBC is the KING of Cancellations. I wish that just for once they'd give a show a chance to grow some legs and build a fan base before pulling the plug on it.
    Jaceegirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    NBC is the KING of Cancellations. I wish that just for once they'd give a show a chance to grow some legs and build a fan base before pulling the plug on it.
    Of cancellations and crummy scheduling decisions.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Okay, I watched the latest episode thoroughly. I'm not sure why they are still bringing in potential suspects so late in the season. Next week is the finale!

The following is all SPECULATION. I have read no spoilers, but would like to.
    I have suspected Vivian's step mom, however, as mean and sneaky as she is, she has avoided murder. Instead of having her former husband killed in prison, she just paid him off. Why would she kill Vivian? Perhaps Vivian was going to expose her stepmom to her dad regarding her past and that guy in prison. Maybe.

Then we have Vivian's psychiatrist come on the scene. I think he is very creepy and definitely a good suspect. That video camera was weird. Do doctors really do that? I've heard of audio taping, but geesh, the camera seems odd. Perhaps Vivian was having an affair with him or he became obsessed with Vivian. It could be a read herring.

Then we have the creep from the hotel where Vivian died. What if he went to her room to invite her to do drugs and she resisted? Maybe that made him angry and he murdered her. Too obvious.

Then there is the bracelet that Johanna found in the wine cellar. Why would Vivian's bracelet be there? Perhaps Vivian was murdered there and her body was moved to the hotel. But, in that case, it would mean someone in the family or close to the family did it, since a stranger would not likely have been with her in the wine cellar. That makes me suspect the younger brother that Johanna is sleeping with. Recall how odd he has acted? He pretended to not notice how suspicious that girl was acting who stabbed him last night. I get a weird vibe from him. Could it be that Johanna is sleeping with the real killer?

I have an idea for next season if it's renewed. They can solve Vivian's murder next week, but then pick up on the mother's death, which seems to have many unanswered questions. That could be the next murder mystery.

WHO was the dead girl that was shot in the elevator?

FORT Fan

The girl in the elevator who was shot was Samantha Bowers, Edward's wife. She had been in California (at Edward's request) to keep her safe. She told him on the phone this episode that she wanted to come back home to help him. He said no, and unfortunately she didn't take his advice. The guy was waiting in their home....I assume for Edward to get home since he'd been following Edward around the last two episodes. He thought he was shooting Edward, right?

Deception

You guys are bringing up so many important developments from his past episode that I'd forgotten all about. And the revelation that the police detective guy who works with Will and Joanna is actually the one who killed the girl from he other pharmaceutical company after she stabbed Julian in the back, just floored me. I totally didnt see that coming. I was stunned when at the end of the show they showed him taking payment from Robert Bowers for his services rendered, i.e., killing the girl.

Also wasn't the woman who was shot getting off the elevator Edwards wife??

Honestly this past few weeks the show has set up so many other future plot lines that I can't help but think the writers are doing this with a season two of the show in mind. So if and when they reveal Vivian's killer by the end of this season, they still have a ton of plot lines to continue with next season.

Please God let it be so!

EDIT:

Sunnydayz, yes, I concluded that too. That Edward's wife was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

And yes, Debb, that's an excellent point about the bracelet thingie and Julian's odd reaction to the girl. Although, I'm praying he's not Vivian's killer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by bee stung lips; 03-13-2013 at 11:03 AM.

OH, it was Edward's wife that was shot in the elevator. I still have lots of questions though. It looked like the killer was standing in the dark watching Edward get into the elevator and then when the door opens, he shoots thinking it is Edward in there, but it's not, it's the woman, however, how does that make sense? Edward was at the Senator's office. He took that golf club to him. Why would Edward's wife have been in that building with her luggage? She didn't know Edward would be there. I'm wondering if she was in a different building and that shot showing Edward in the elevator was just to confuse us. Makes no sense.

Upthread it's posted that she's shot in their home. How could you tell? It looked like an office building to me. That would make sense though. Who would even know she was returning? Maybe her murder will be the next mystery, assuming it's not the same one who killed Vivian.

I really hope they don't pin this on the Senator. His daughter has gone through too much already. To learn her creepy dad murdered her real mom is just too horrific for 16 year-old to have to deal with. I hope they have some mercy.
    Last edited by Debb70; 03-13-2013 at 11:15 AM.

+ Reply to Thread